Erling Haaland

KingLeo10

So Ronaldo's 'tap ins' are ok on Barca Forum now?

I've always praised CR7's movement and goalscoring since he started doing it versus big teams (2014 onwards).

Not sure what you're on with regards to me about that, but you probably need to go to Juve forums or United forums if you want a CR7 fanboy club.

xXKonan

I've always praised CR7's movement and goalscoring since he started doing it versus big teams (2014 onwards).

Not sure what you're on with regards to me about that, but you probably need to go to Juve forums or United forums if you want a CR7 fanboy club.
Yeah I'm going to revoke your Forum D' Amigo's Membership breh.

:crbust:

mc_lovin

Watched his game vs PSG away recently and he looked atrocious. He was barely able to handle high balls, technically average (or worse) and generally not very good. Was reading a german Dortmund forum as well and they compared him to Paco (but physically gifted).

Hes just not quite there yet. We will see how he developes, but I cant imagine him becoming even more physically imposing and technique is hard to improve. Hes not as set in stone as the best striker of this generation as some want us to believe.

--> Dortmund was the best decision he could have made.

Gaudi

Watched his game vs PSG away recently and he looked atrocious. He was barely able to handle high balls, technically average (or worse) and generally not very good. Was reading a german Dortmund forum as well and they compared him to Paco (but physically gifted).

Hes just not quite there yet. We will see how he developes, but I cant imagine him becoming even more physically imposing and technique is hard to improve. Hes not as set in stone as the best striker of this generation as some want us to believe.

--> Dortmund was the best decision he could have made.

Finally someone sees what I see, I get ridiculed every time I mention he is picking great clubs for scoring but he's nowhere need top class

xXKonan

Especially with Forwards, you always have to be a bit cautious when trying to label them the next big thing as in being potentially a generational talent.

Haaland I'm going to wait and see on him. He's having the time of his life with scoring but who knows if he can keep it up and adapt against stronger teams.

El Gato

Villarato!
More about putting things into perspective. You got the impression he could walk on water when reading here (or elsewhere). And not a bit raw, awfully raw actually.

I don't disagree. Excitement is fairly warranted, but it's balanced out by the brutal reality. Thing is, even if he's raw, he already has an equal or bigger chance to influence key fixtures than most players. Much like Vinicius. Though yes, there is something to be said about going OTT, and none of it is the player's fault. People should stop being retards wanting him to be a solution to the woes of Barcelona/Madrid/any title contender.

Morten

More about putting things into perspective. You got the impression he could walk on water when reading here (or elsewhere). And not a bit raw, awfully raw actually.

Well, he is scoring at a rate thats absolutely surreal for a teenager, who scores 40-50 goals as a teenager? Brazilian Ronaldo, and who else?

mc_lovin

Well, he is scoring at a rate thats absolutely surreal for a teenager, who scores 40-50 goals as a teenager? Brazilian Ronaldo, and who else?

It made sense for Ronaldo though. About Haaland Im just not sure, he could be a Lukaku* on steroids or a genuine great. Right now I wouldnt be too worried if he joined you.

*best transfer decision United made recently by the way, so goals are not everything.

Edit: Nevermind, with Zidanes tactics I would be slightly worried if he joined you ;-)

Messi983

Striker's primary job is to score. Haaland has done that at every level so far and I'm sure he will continue to do in better leagues as well.

I don't care about his technique and whatever people think he's not perfect at and I would take him over a striker who has all other great attributes people like but can't score (enough). And I don't want to ever see him in RM. Would much rather see them signing Mbappe who I think is much more overrated.

mc_lovin

Striker's primary job is to score. Haaland has done that at every level so far and I'm sure he will continue to do in better leagues as well.

I don't care about his technique and whatever people think he's not perfect at and I would take him over a striker who has all other great attributes people like but can't score (enough). And I don't want to ever see him in RM. Would much rather see them signing Mbappe who I think is much more overrated.

I fundamentally disagree with that. Theres a lot more to strikers than just scoring - see Drogba.

Haalands technique/holdup play becomes a problem when better team can just mark him out of games completely (while giving their centrebacks a player to focus on and taking up tons of space). I am fairly in the Lautaro camp right now, whos the other side of the coin.

Home of Barca Fans