Erling Haaland

Sorin

Rumours are that Dortmund doesn't want to spend 40m on Adeyemi. I think it would be wise to let go of Haland, get this guy and spend the difference in wages/tranfer fee on strengthening the defence.

Auba/Ferran will have to do as striker for another year or two.

fergus90

3 months ago i would have been gutted to miss out on him. Now I don't care for the reasons below:

1) Huge money is involved and that takes away from reinforcing other areas
2) His injuries are a problem, they're too frequent not to be
3) This team shows that goals aren't actually a problem
4) If Madrid get Mbappe and Haaland they will have much less resources to strengthen other areas
5) It's going to be a task for them harmonizing a squad with Vini, Haaland, Benzema and Mbappe. Yes, Benzema is 35 but he's hardly going to be happy going from seeing every minute possible, to bit-part. Plus when has these galactico models ever truly worked for sustainable periods of time.
6) With Raiola it's a circus and probably will be every summer he's at the club.

mc_lovin

Rumours are that Dortmund doesn't want to spend 40m on Adeyemi. I think it would be wise to let go of Haland, get this guy and spend the difference in wages/tranfer fee on strengthening the defence.

Auba/Ferran will have to do as striker for another year or two.

I like Adeyemi and am very curious how he develops, but spending 40m on him is batshit insane. He's not worth it yet and we have zero reason to gamble.

gregorrin10

It is OK that we miss out on him, I just hope the board will have sound backup plans for other alternatives, not the likes of Isak etc.

If we don't get Haaland, I honestly hope we're not signing any other striker, at least not this summer. Haaland is most likely a generational player, and worth the gamble both in quality and to boost revenue, and even though he'll still cost an arm and a leg with all the agent fees and his salary, and we're tying ourselves to deal with the Raiola bullshit probably on an annual basis, I still consider Haaland to be a market opportunity this summer. And this summer only.

Because it will be the one (and likely the only) time in his career that he will be one, cause once he moves to City or even Madrid, the ship on him sails and we're not getting him for under 150M (or not at all, if he moves to Madrid) until the rest of his career, so trying to get Haaland now to really upgrade and elevate our attack to new heights is worth the try. But I see no other striker on the market right now, who is. Getting Haaland would also please Laporta, who could really announce his presidency, I guess, cause that is his thing. And I do fear that if he doesn't get Haaland, he'll keep pushing for some other high profile signing, who might not be worth it.

If Haaland doesn't come, might as well just bet on Ferran (or Fati once he's back) long term in ST and get a RW starter material instead (Adama ain't it, even though I think we are signing him and he will still be very useful as a squad player).

Adeyemi is worth the shout maybe, but i'm a little wary because of the quality jump he'd have to make. And he's very similar profile wise to Fati and Ferran. I mean an attack of Fati - Ferran - Adeyemi could be fire, don't get me wrong, but it could be too one-dimensional as well. I think we need more of a trickster/dribbler like to complement them, especially if Dembele leaves. And I still think Adeyemi will end up in the Bundesliga. If not to Dortmund, then Leipzig.

I like Adeyemi and am very curious how he develops, but spending 40m on him is batshit insane. He's not worth it yet and we have zero reason to gamble.

Especially with both Fati and Ferran being quite similar, profile wise. Although I do like that Adeyemi is left-footed (didn't know that until just now when I checked it), so he could work as the RW beside them as well, I guess.

gregorrin10

Not convinced by Adeyemi yet, to me he is more of a winger than a CF.

Could still work, if we plan on betting on Ferran for the CF spot long term (in case we don't get Haaland, i'm guessing). Always thought Adeyemi was right footed, so I never considered him to be a good RW for us, but since I now know he's left footed...:coffee:

That could actually work pretty damn well with (hopefully) Fati on the left and Ferran down the middle.

malvolio

If Haaland doesn't come, might as well just bet on Ferran (or Fati once he's back) long term in ST and get a RW starter material instead (Adama ain't it, even though I think we are signing him and he will still be very useful as a squad player).

Ferran is no striker. Fati we don't know if he still has a footballing career. Auba only decent option, but we'll have to see if he's reliable.

So we must get some goals this summer, either from a goal scoring winger or another ST.

Sorin

It's either that or we spend 30m on Traore. I feel like spending 40m on Adeyemi is the smarter investment. Dembele is about to leave and we'd have to sign someone so money will have to be spent on someone who can cover that position.

Birdy

Been 2-3 such reports lately.

The Athletic reporting that both we and Bayern have held talks with him his decision will very likely come down to Man City or Real Madrid and that he will make that decision shortly within the next few weeks.

https://theathletic.com/3165742/202...strikers-future-to-be-sorted-in-coming-weeks/

Top journalist, one of the most reliable out there.

Happy to see that the chances he would sign for us are low
Concerned to see that RM might strengthen even more

Joan

Top journalist, one of the most reliable out there.

Happy to see that the chances he would sign for us are low
Concerned to see that RM might strengthen even more

Now watch Laporta chase another ?star? which doesn?t even exist on the market for us :coffee:

JamDav1982

Hope the Haaland rumours are not from club in order to sign CVC deal....

Then when signed off he goes to Real.

Too much talk in Barca press and club playing into it.

Tackle

Should head to City for our sake. Odd how casual some folk are about Madrid potentially pairing both Mbappe and Haaland with Vinicius. We are not going to beat that with "team work" or "playing as a unit" like some of the more deluded on here suggest.

Joan

Should head to City for our sake. Odd how casual some folk are about Madrid potentially pairing both Mbappe and Haaland with Vinicius. We are not going to beat that with "team work" or "playing as a unit" like some of the more deluded on here suggest.

There?s no obvious solution for that on the market as of now. There are two stars worth pursuing, namely Mbappe and Haaland. Mbappe literally has two options: PSG and Real, while Haaland might be available. Sadly, both seem to lean towards Real. We can only hope they don?t work together or if they click, accept their dominance and hope a solution pops up somewhere in the market soon.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am sure in a few years some new names will pop up, I felt the "generational talent" label is being used too liberally these days.

Home of Barca Fans