Erling Haaland

Zidane82

I am sure in a few years some new names will pop up, I felt the "generational talent" label is being used too liberally these days.

Whenever I have seen him play on telly I have been amazed by this guy .

Looks like a one -off to me .. I got the same feeling after watching Messi as a young player

serghei

Should head to City for our sake. Odd how casual some folk are about Madrid potentially pairing both Mbappe and Haaland with Vinicius. We are not going to beat that with "team work" or "playing as a unit" like some of the more deluded on here suggest.

Depends on how we do with our own transfers. Maybe we find the next Salah, a player we sign for 40m and explodes into a top 3 player in the world with proper coaching, tactics and everything.

But yeah, it's a lot easier job to fit in players like Haaland and Mbappe.

jamrock

They want have all 3 even if they get haaland & Mbappe, according to some Vini jr will be shown the door if they get Mbappe, because yea that makes sense...

So imagine if they get haaland as well.

Joan

People put too much faith into galactico strategy failing. Big starts often work together and produce great stuff, at least for some time. Probably enough to look at MSN.

Tackle

People put too much faith into galactico strategy failing. Big starts often work together and produce great stuff, at least for some time. Probably enough to look at MSN.

MSN was ruined by Neymar's ego, Suarez's age and to some extent Leo's lack of positional discipline post-2015. If Suarez was a few years younger and Neymar wasn't an idiot the trio could have easily worked for a few more years.

Haaland might want to move to the EPL after a few seasons at Madrid, but I doubt either him or Mbappe flop, injuries not withstanding. They are proven top 5 players in the world in their early 20s and are unlikely to clash positionally. Mbappe plays well off a strong, tall number 9.

I get the sense Mbappe and Haaland at Madrid will be a lot closer to Ronaldo and Bale than Dembele and Coutinho. Our desperation was taken advantage of by selling clubs after Neymar left for a record fee.

Rassvet

It is hard to see Haaland and Mbappe not working together unless they have injury issues or they are trying to shoehorn Vinicius into the team as well at left wing.

Mbappe on the left with Haaland through the middle in a 433 seems a good fit for both players.

khaled_a_d

Haaland is special, he, Ansu and Mbappe are the players of this generation!

It is kinda sad what is happening to this generation of attackers tbh.
I mean football always had good generation after another, a new one that we get nostalgic about after few years.

But after great generations born in the 80's, and good one born very early 90's, there is drop in players born between 1993 to 1997, there is no Neymar/Salah/Hazard in those, the best you get is Harry Kane who is very good player, but far from a generational one. Those players failed to eclipse the slightly older group of players never mind the Messi/CR7/Lewandowski of the world.

But then the generation of promising attackers born 1998-2002 looked amazing, Mbappe, Halaand, Felix, Vlahovic, Fati, Vinicius, Grenwood, Sancho.
But then Felix ruined in Atletico, Sancho by Manu, Fati with injuries, Greenwood ruined himself, Halaand injuries now could ruin him.
If Halaand and Fati continue to be injury-prone (and I am aware their injury history is different) it seems it will be Mbappe 1st with Vlahovic and Vinicius fighting for being distant second.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I don't think it will fail in RM, but someone will pay the price of it and ask out.
i.e the results won't suffer, but I see one of the 3 asks out in couple of years. Vinicius is the prime candidate.

Iniesta Ultra

I would take both him and Fati out. Mbappe and Haaland have been a class of their own so far.

Fati has five goals one assist in ten appearances this season playing half the total match minutes. At same minute rate that's one goal every match. Previous season he has five goals four assists in ten appearances playing an average of 60 minutes per match. Pretty sure that puts him on Mbappe's and Haaland's level if he can stay healthy. All three players excel in certain areas and Fati's skills are perfect for Barca.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

It is kinda sad what is happening to this generation of attackers tbh.
I mean football always had good generation after another, a new one that we get nostalgic about after few years.
But after great generations born in the 80's, and good one born very early 90's, there is drop in players born between 1993 to 1997, there is no Neymar/Salah/Hazard in those, the best you get is Harry Kane who is very good player, but far from a generational one. Those players failed to eclipse the slightly older group of players never mind the Messi/CR7/Lewandowski of the world.
But then the generation of promising attackers born 1998-2002 looked amazing, Mbappe, Halaand, Felix, Vlahovic, Fati, Vinicius, Grenwood, Sancho.
But then Felix ruined in Atletico, Sancho by Manu, Fati with injuries, Greenwood ruined himself, Halaand injuries now could ruin him.
If Halaand and Fati continue to be injury-prone (and I am aware their injury history is different) it seems it will be Mbappe 1st with Vlahovic and Vinicius fighting for being distant second.

True true, Chiesa could be also in that list if injuries stop. Anyways, we will have to wait a long time until we see someone with GOAT-talent/ability again.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Top journalist, one of the most reliable out there.

Happy to see that the chances he would sign for us are low
Concerned to see that RM might strengthen even more

Surprised to see you don't want us to sign him. Thought he would be the kind of player you'd root for us to get 100%.

Birdy

Surprised to see you don't want us to sign him. Thought he would be the kind of player you'd root for us to get 100%.

Not really.
Explained the reasons quite a few times.
I don't think he fits our style of football, and he is financially and brand-wise 'too big' a risk to fail

Home of Barca Fans