Erling Haaland

TheStig

MSN only worked for a season and a half even though they were compatiable on and off the pitch. You rarely see such friendships between top 5 players in the world, wouldn't bet that arrogant Mbappe and Haaland will have a good relationship for years and don't forget Vini and Benzema.

RF20

Banned
MSN only worked for a season and a half even though they were compatiable on and off the pitch. You rarely see such friendships between top 5 players in the world, wouldn't bet that arrogant Mbappe and Haaland will have a good relationship for years and don't forget Vini and Benzema.

Not that surprising to me at all.

Suarez has no ego. He doesn't even desperately want to be the star player. Was always a total team man.

Neymar was yet to hit his peak at that point in time(in hindsight he was wrong; that was probably his peak). But as soon as the young Neymar was successful at Barca he wanted to be the star man and left.

So basically, the season MSN were on fire, Messi was the only egotistical one hungry for the individual glory.
After that season, Neymar wanted the big individual accolades too and soon left for Paris.

So the MSN was only possible because Neymar was a young lad who came from the Brazilian league. As soon as he became an established superstar he wanted his own team.

Zidane82

Suarez has no ego. He doesn't even desperately want to be the star player. Was always a total team man.

Neymar was yet to hit his peak at that point in time(in hindsight he was wrong; that was probably his peak). But as soon as the young Neymar was successful at Barca he wanted to be the star man and left.

So basically, the season MSN were on fire, Messi was the only egotistical one hungry for the individual glory.
After that season, Neymar wanted the big individual accolades too and soon left for Paris.

So the MSN was only possible because Neymar was a young lad who came from the Brazilian league. As soon as he became an established superstar he wanted his own team.
Excellent summary of events !

Messigician

Great post

TheStig

True and that's my point. Everything was perfect and it lasted only for a year and a half. It's very hard for these superstars to play together long term.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

MSN only worked for a season and a half even though they were compatiable on and off the pitch. .

I would say the midfield has a big fault in that case. MSN was always class even though Messi and Suarez could't get to 2015 level in 16 and 17 but they also didnt get much help from the midfield which made MSN less effective.

Laplacian

True and that's my point. Everything was perfect and it lasted only for a year and a half. It's very hard for these superstars to play together long term.

Lmao, dumb takes again. MSN were the highest goal scoring trio in Europe for several years in a row. We kept losing important matches because our midfield and defense kept shitting the bed. The issue wasn't MSN, the issue was not being able to rebuild a midfield and defense worthy enough to support MSN.

This anti-superstar agenda is hilarious to watch, considering the most successful teams of the 2010s involved superstar players. MSN, Zidane's/Ancelotti's Madrid, Pep's Barcelona, Jupp's Bayern...

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Haaland has been convinced by Bar?a's game, by the club's project, which is committed to a young team, and by being able to be trained by Xavi. [sport]

After having surveyed both the player and his entourage, Bar?a are clear that Erling Haaland wants to play for Bar?a next season. [sport]

As things stand, Bar?a believe Manchester City are best positioned to sign Haaland. Raiola wants him to play for Bar?a, but the decision will be made by the player. The total operation would be around 250 million euros. [gol]

vegitot

Lol no chance Haaland is convinced just by recent games.

And i wonder how Fati feels if Haaland comes here. He is number 10 yet not centre of the team because of Haaland.

mc_lovin

And i wonder how Fati feels if Haaland comes here. He is number 10 yet not centre of the team because of Haaland.

I don't think Fati is thinking about anything other than succeeding first.

To Haaland: I do think he could be convinced about Barcelona. On paper we sound like an incredible choice (Haaland vs Mbappe, young project, Xavi, no Benzema to compete with ;-)). If he wants Spain we are the logical choice if we can finance him. But his heart might be set on Real. I still kind of think he will end up at City though.

Anyway, I hope the saga is over soon. It's getting boring.

Last edited:

RF20

Banned

Well that'll be Fati's problem if the guy can't see that he's injured so much. Doubt he expects Barca not to go for best available options to rebuild the club.

This is common for every club in the business to buy as well as they can in the market.

If Fati has problems with that at this stage of his career, he doesn't have the right mentality. Simple.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Romero and others reporting that Barca think Man City lead the race to sign him but that Haaland had a positive impression of the team's development recently and Xavi after speaking with him so they're still hopeful they can manage to sign him.

Home of Barca Fans