Erling Haaland

Temptation

JanAageFjortoft (Very close to Haaland's camp): "Barcelona love to say that they are linked with the best players in the world to protect their status but after they get rejected by the players, they say ?yes, we rejected them because we have to take care of our finances?."

This has definitely been planted in by the Haaland camp to get one over Barca regarding the rumours. This journalist is close to the Haaland family so it's obvious.

Haaland doesn't want the world to believe the narrative that Barca thought he didn't deserve that 300 mil package. He wants the narrative to be that he willingly turned Barcelona down for greener pastures.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Whatever Haaland gets from any team he goes to Barca would have paid.

The Haaland team are not putting out these rumours as it is in their interest at this point to have as much competition as possible for his signature.

This is just Fjortoft seeing it for what it is.

Tackle

Who compared him to Pogba??

See absurd shite like the post below:

Haaland was hot stuff about 1.5 years ago, but the injuries since then, Dortmund being crap with or without him... his stock is getting cold if you ask me. No World Cup, Dortmund bounced even from Europa League... miles off from Lewandowski type where he was the best player in a CL finalist under Klopp.

I'd link him more to someone like Pogba at this stage.

This is what happens when fans give in to emotions and start spewing blind hatred.

Haaland's fault Dortmund not competitive, Norway not in the World Cup and stock apparently low when he's still at worst the 2nd most highly rated youngster in world football. Top stuff.

Temptation

Whatever Haaland gets from any team he goes to Barca would have paid.

The Haaland team are not putting out these rumours as it is in their interest at this point to have as much competition as possible for his signature.

This is just Fjortoft seeing it for what it is.

I think with some of the comments by Xavi, Laporta and the rumours floating around one can assume that the Haaland camp and Barca board have definitely had proper conversations.

There is already enough interest for Haaland so they took this shot.

We're all just guessing though.

I have seen this journalist act as Haaland's Mouthpiece before.

mc_lovin

He stopped watching football as soon as we started playing good again under Xavi.

He'll be back to his ways once we hit a stumbling block again.

He thrives on misery.

Plus it's the worst possible timeline for him. Midgets in midfield, Ferran looking good and Xavi on the sidelines ffs. Poor soul.

Messigician

This is what happens when fans give in to emotions and start spewing blind hatred.

Haaland's fault Dortmund not competitive, Norway not in the World Cup and stock apparently low when he's still at worst the 2nd most highly rated youngster in world football. Top stuff.

He's overrated af

Never trust bundesliga bums

serghei

:lol:

Wind back some 2 years or so and see people choosing Dembele as this next sure best thing since sliced bread. :facepalm: The club is moving into a more Bayern/Liverpool like direction, and it is by far the most sustainable model.

Wake the fuck up and smell the coffee. The galactico model will belong to retarded oil clubs. The kind of clubs who can lock in 250-300m on a bet and shrug it off as irrelevant. Barca does that and the only thing that will result is a deeper crisis.

We are at a point where a new Coutinho or a new Dembele will set us back immensely.

I have no problem spending 200m in terms of transfer fee, commission (agent, father, father's friends, girlfriend etc.) as long as I have proof that the player is a lock on world class performer. If you tell me Haaland is that right now without doubt, you're full of shit, or clueless as fuck no offense.

Last edited:

Messigician

Wind back some 2 years or so and see people choosing Dembele as this next sure best thing since sliced bread. :facepalm: The club is moving into a more Bayern/Liverpool like direction, and it is by far the most sustainable model.

Wake the fuck up and smell the coffee. The galactico model will belong to retarded oil clubs.

Facts

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Haaland is a generational talent. However concerns about injuries are legit.

Which is why this likely move to Man City could be a big mistake for him in that sense.

serghei

Haaland is a generational talent. However concerns about injuries are legit.

Which is why this likely move to Man City could be a big mistake for him in that sense.

Sorry, Don AK, but is he? Is this proof or gut feeling? We are at a point where gut feeling is not a luxury we can take.

Haaland's best elite performance was a top-class goal vs PSG in a Last 16 tie they were sent home in. A player who has not featured in any CL later stage game, no Word Cup, no Euro campaign to let us see how he deals with pressure.

The only single, undeniable world-class player who is at an age demanding a huge investment (hundreds of millions basically) is Mbappe. That's it. Salah would be one but he's 30 so it's expected to not replicate his past form for long.

Last edited:

Temptation

Wake the fuck up and smell the coffee. The galactico model will belong to retarded oil clubs.

I think the galactico model mean trying to buy big names for most positions.

Look, here Barca are probably getting Kessie, Christensen, Azpi, etc in. All good players but none of them are blockbuster signings.

I think Xavi might be looming for a spearhead number 9. There's nothing unsustainable in having one "galactico" style signing. It's the hallmark of big clubs to have such a figure as the face of the project.

But I totally disagree with Haaland's financial demands. His camp is filled with wankers. 100%.

serghei

I think the galactico model mean trying to buy big names for most positions.

Look, here Barca are probably getting Kessie, Christensen, Azpi, etc in. All good players but none of them are blockbuster signings.

I think Xavi might be looming for a spearhead number 9. There's nothing unsustainable in having one "galactico" style signing. It's the hallmark of big clubs to have such a figure as the face of the project.

But I totally disagree with Haaland's financial demands. His camp is filled with wankers. 100%.

Most Galactico club is PSG and they are the joke of Europe. Most successful clubs are City, Liverpool, and Bayern in the last 3-4 years. City for all their spending is going for a deep squad without a single Galactico type player.

:lol: Who is Galactico in City? Mahrez, Sterling, Foden, Jesus? :lol: Please...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sorry, Don AK, but is he? Is this proof or gut feeling? We are at a point where gut feeling is not a luxury we can take.

Haaland's best elite performance was a top-class goal vs PSG in a Last 16 tie they were sent home in.

He is.

His performances and stats speak for themselves.

Borussia Dortmund are a garbage team. The Lewandowski comparison doesn't make sense since that Dortmund team was really good with or without Lewandowski and was managed by an elite manager in Klopp.

Marco Rose is not and never will be an elite manager.

With that being said......the sums being mentioned with 50m going to Raiola and 50m going to his father + 50m gross in wages.

The total package of around 350m just for salary + commissions and injury concerns. Yeah I can see why even Real Madrid would have second thoughts even if they can afford him and he want to play for them.

In that sense it could blow back.

We don't need a generational talent as our striker, but we definitely need World Class. So if not Haaland we'll have to find World Class and we'll be good.

serghei

He is.

His performances and stats speak for themselves.

Borussia Dortmund are a garbage team. The Lewandowski comparison doesn't make sense since that Dortmund team was really good with or without Lewandowski and was managed by an elite manager in Klopp.

Marco Rose is not and never will be an elite manager.

With that being said......the sums being mentioned with 50m going to Raiola and 50m going to his father + 50m gross in wages.

The total package of around 350m just for salary + commissions and injury concerns. Yeah I can see why even Real Madrid would have second thoughts even if they can afford him and he want to play for them.

In that sense it could blow back.

We don't need a generational talent as our striker, but we definitely need World Class. So if not Haaland we'll have to find World Class and we'll be good.

I'm not saying he isn't. I'm saying the question is uncertain and we can't afford to spend 250-300m to find the answer for it. Not after two massive, historical failures.

Bayern and Liverpool are clubs who shy away from these types of transfer precisely because they evaluate the risk of those players are unworthy. Why make a 250m bet on Haaland when you can sign a Salah, a Jota, a Dias, a Coman for much less and win trebles or CLs with them?

Seems to me that we need to realize that UEFA has made galactico signings unfeasible for anyone but clubs operating on state-backed funds. Madrid are on a unique situation of singing one for free... kudos to them. That's like going on a blind date with some girl, then ending up in the same bar with Margot Robbia who happens to like you and ask you out.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans