Erling Haaland

Temptation

I want us to have a go with something like Ferran - Ansu - Raphinha. It's not a conservative trio, and some types of crosses won't work, but you can play around with that.

I have doubts about how much pressing can you do with someone that is a big no9. You are going to see a decrease in that over 90 mins imo.

From what I heard and multiple reports, Xavi actually wants a proper CF rather than winger cum strikers, false 9's and makeshift CFs.

Joan

300m package is too much of a risk for current Barca. Would be feasible for us If we were in better shape. Won't stop some other healthy club like City.

Tackle

:lol:

Wind back some 2 years or so and see people choosing Dembele as this next sure best thing since sliced bread. :facepalm: The club is moving into a more Bayern/Liverpool like direction, and it is by far the most sustainable model.

Wake the fuck up and smell the coffee. The galactico model will belong to retarded oil clubs.

Not all big signings are created equal. Dismissing the recruitment of any possible superstar with blanket statements about Galaticos is not a serious argument. Haaland may fall into the camp of a generational striker that is worth the hefty fees he commands. There are legitimate concerns and reasons to be wary, but he is one of the few players that has a significant chance of going on to fulfill his potential and live up to his contract. You don't build a team with such signings, but adding one with the right profile to round out a starting XI and add X-factor is perfectly sane.

Haaland might not be the type of transfer we need right now with our financial troubles and all, but you speak of him like he is some Rashford or Dembele. Only question is his fitness, otherwise he will be scoring for fun in that City side next season.

serghei

From what I heard and multiple reports, Xavi actually wants a proper CF rather than winger cum strikers, false 9's and makeshift CFs.

Yeah, Xavi is not yet at a level to experiment much and prefers a more classical trio. But he'll adapt IMO. He's smart enough to do it. I want a bigger 9 too, but the hyping up of some players like Haaland is crazy.

I am willing to bet that Raiola will drive Haaland to some money team like PSG or United based on the rumored numbers. He is pricing Haaland for desperate and/or oil teams.

Successful teams working a top football program aren't desperate and won't pay that.

serghei

Not all big signings are created equal. Dismissing the recruitment of any possible superstar with blanket statements about Galaticos is not a serious argument. Haaland may fall into the camp of a generational striker that is worth the hefty fees he commands. There are legitimate concerns and reasons to be wary, but he is one of the few players that has a significant chance of going on to fulfill his potential and live up to his contract. You don't build a team with such signings, but adding one with the right profile to round out a starting XI and add X-factor is perfectly sane.

Haaland might not be the type of transfer we need right now with our financial troubles and all, but you speak of him like he is some Rashford or Dembele. Only question is his fitness, otherwise he will be scoring for fun in that City side next season.

Sorry, at the rumored numbers it's not.

What the fuck is this shit? Commissions over commissions (brother, father, agent, girlfriend, landlord, even the pet is gonna get some diamond collar or food for life at this rate). Sign on fee + top wage. That's it or fuck off to PSG.

Temptation

I believe that the 2 highest rated players of this coming generation- Haaland and Mbappe will both decline early and won't have the longevity of Ronaldo and Messi.

Both Haaland and Mbappe are way too dependent on pace to have that kind of longevity. Now not saying Mbappe isn't a well rounded Footballer but half his intimidation factor is pace dependent. I just can't see these 2 reinventing their roles like CR7 and Leo did.

This is my "hot take". Mbappaland stans are coming for me. 😂

serghei

I believe that the 2 highest rated players of this coming generation- Haaland and Mbappe will both decline early and won't have the longevity of Ronaldo and Messi.

Both Haaland and Mbappe are way too dependent on pace to have that kind of longevity. Now not saying Mbappe isn't a well rounded Footballer but half his intimidation factor is pace dependent. I just can't see these 2 reinventing their roles like CR7 and Leo did.

This is my "hot take". Mbappaland stans are coming for me. ��

Don't put Haaland or Mbappe in the same sentence. Haaland is a talented pretender, Mbappe is a player who has proven himself at the highest level. It's like apples vs oranges.

Mbappe was hyped at some point (and the hype also in his case was off-mark), now he's a certainty.

Trickykid

I think the galactico model mean trying to buy big names for most positions.

Nah, I'm fairly sure the Galactico term sprouted from the old Florentino Perez doctrine Zidanes y Pavones, meaning pairing few, select ultra superstars such as Zidane, Ronaldo, Beckham, Cronaldo and Figo with homegrown players.

serghei

Nah, I'm fairly sure the Galactico term sprouted from the old Florentino Perez doctrine Zidanes y Pavones, meaning pairing few, select ultra superstars such as Zidane, Ronaldo, Beckham, Cronaldo and Figo with homegrown players.

And often attributing these superstars all the credit while selling players like Makelele who kept the team somewhat balanced :lol:.

I'm sure Uncle Flo learned some lessons from that era.

JamDav1982

It did mean that and also for buying players for huge money due to their peak as world wide names.

Even if ages/positioning/ability were not what team needed.

Folk use the word 'Galactico' to name any big name signing have no clue what it means.

Trickykid

And often attributing these superstars all the credit while selling players like Makelele who kept the team somewhat balanced :lol:.

I'm sure Flo learned some lessons from that era.

Absolutely. His first shot at that model backfired something fierce.

serghei

Absolutely. His first shot at that model backfired something fierce.

I'm positive he could in fact put together a new Galactico Madrid, but he's worried of turning the club into a new PSG, rotten from internal fighting for the spotlight, undermining the manager, lax work ethic, unprofessionalism etc.

Temptation

Mbappe is not a youngster. He's a top 3 player in the world. Probably the best even ahead of Salah.

Haaland would be more like Vlahovic.

Mbappe plays for a state funded club in the Uber Eats league as the striker and is not even remotely close to the golden boot or UCL topscorer charts.

Calm down. 😂😂

2 goals against this lackluster Madrid defense doesn't make him the best in the world.

Many people will argue currently Benzema is better so that would make Mbappe not even the best Frenchie right now.

Home of Barca Fans