Erling Haaland

Temptation

I don't think anyone's doubting Haaland's individual abilities. He's clearly an AMAZING goalscorer. He never gets nervous infront of goal. Has smoothly made the step up from the Norwegian league(Bryne --> Molde) to the Austrian Bundes(Salzburg) to Bundesliga(Dortmund). Done well in CL group stages and shit.

People are put off by his ridiculous financial package and some absurd demands from his entourage. Red Flag.

Haaland's injury record is awful for a player of his age and profile. He relies on his strength and pace which means injuries can threaten a genuine steep decline. Red Flag.

Finally, people have doubts regarding whether he'll fit into the correct Xavi system. Can it be that even if he performs well individually, the entire team(sum of the products) performs weaker? I'd argue that because of his age he has room to improve in the areas needed. He can be molded into the striker Barca need by Xavi. Whether he can adapt, remains to be seen.

All in all, the total investment is not at all a safe bet and is a massive gamble. If it goes tits up then it can have catastrophic repercussions for the club. And Barca are just recovering from a "financial meltdown" and years of dumb decision making.

Last edited:

fergus90

I don't think anyone's doubting Haaland's individual abilities. He's clearly an AMAZING goalscorer. He never gets nervous infront of goal. Has smoothly made the step up from the Norwegian league(Bryne --> Molde) to the Austrian Bundes(Salzburg) to Bundesliga(Dortmund). Done well in CL group stages and shit.

People are put off by his ridiculous financial package and some absurd demands from his entourage. Red Flag.

Haaland's injury record is awful for a player of his age and profile. He relies on his strength and pace which means injuries can threaten a genuine steep decline. Red Flag.

Finally, people have doubts regarding whether he'll fit into the correct Xavi system. Can it be that even if he performs well individually, the entire team(sum of the products) performs weaker? I'd argue that because of his age he has room to improve in the areas needed. He can be molded into the striker Barca need by Xavi. Whether he can adapt, remains to be seen.

All in all, the total investment is not at all a safe bet and is a massive gamble. If it goes tits up then it can have catastrophic repercussions for the club. And Barca are just recovering from a "financial meltdown" and years of dumb decision making.

Very well said.

Trickykid

All perfectly valid points that have been bought up multiple times in here before.

I'm not going to say that going all in on Haaland is the most prudent action to take at this point, but I'm somewhat naively going to assume that Laporta won't make the move if it isn't financially feasible for the future - which it probably won't be, hence why he's most likely going elsewhere. It won't stop me from having wet dreams about it happening, though.

Tackle

Some folk here really comparing him to current Pogba? :lol:

Sour grapes aplenty. Injuries and commissions are a concern, but Haaland is a certified goal scoring machine when fit and will run away with the Golden Boot in the Prem if he joins City.

Bitterness really shining though in this thread when he is being slandered for not doing it at the World Cup level when he plays for Norway for feck sake...

As for the CL he has a higher scoring rate than all of the competition's greats thus far.

7JDafQg.png

Haaland and Mbappe are going elsewhere and all of sudden we never wanted them in the first place and would make us worse. :lol:

Zidane82

JanAageFjortoft (Very close to Haaland's camp): "Barcelona love to say that they are linked with the best players in the world to protect their status but after they get rejected by the players, they say ?yes, we rejected them because we have to take care of our finances?."

Messigician

JanAageFjortoft (Very close to Haaland's camp): "Barcelona love to say that they are linked with the best players in the world to protect their status but after they get rejected by the players, they say ?yes, we rejected them because we have to take care of our finances?."

It is true but we only do that when the best players in the world reject us.

Not the Norwegian Benteke

Messigician

Sour grapes aplenty. Injuries and commissions are a concern, but Haaland is a certified goal scoring machine when fit and will run away with the Golden Boot in the Prem if he joins City.

Bitterness really shining though in this thread when he is being slandered for not doing it at the World Cup level when he plays for Norway for feck sake...

As for the CL he has a higher scoring rate than all of the competition's greats thus far.

7JDafQg.png

Haaland and Mbappe are going elsewhere and all of sudden we never wanted them in the first place and would make us worse. :lol:

He's a bum

fergus90

I rate Haaland extremely highly but a 300m package is ridiculous for a club who’s not out of the woods financially and for a player who reportedly would rather play for Real Madrid.

Temptation

7JDafQg.png

Who compared him to Pogba??

mc_lovin

I rate Haaland extremely highly but a 300m package is ridiculous for a club who’s not out of the woods financially and for a player who reportedly would rather play for Real Madrid.

And misses half of bis games :lol:

A shame [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] doesn't post anything football related anymore. I am dying to see him call Haaland soft like he did with Ansu.

xXKonan

He stopped watching football as soon as we started playing good again under Xavi.

He'll be back to his ways once we hit a stumbling block again.

Home of Barca Fans