Erling Haaland

serghei

No you are pointing to other teams and saying Galacticos are thing of the past but now it is just Barca as dont want to go as far to say those signings make other teams worse.

Haaland would be immense signing for Barca and compliment an already very good young team and not a team that needs huge money spent on it.

City cant do that to get Haaland and the cost impacts them due to league rules as would Real.

It is big risk for them both also.

For most teams, yea Galactico policy is the way of the past or not even an option. Btw, Haaland is not really just transfer fee + wage. This is a 2020 type galactico signing where an agent plays the market, starts an auction, and bleeds you dry with commissions that add up to basically another transfer fee on its own.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

For most teams, yea Galactico policy is the way of the past or not even an option.

There is barely a team that can make those huge signings.

What are these 'most teams'?

Not City and not Real? Even though claimed Real fail with Galactico signings a short while ago.

serghei

There is barely a team that can make those huge signings.

What are these 'most teams'?

Not City and not Real? Even though claimed Real fail with Galactico signings a short while ago.

Even Madrid, the quintessential galactico team seems hesitant to pull the trigger with Haaland. I smell PSG or United :lol:. The most braindead spending clubs that are also the joke of Europe atm.

Or City if they don't win CL even this time and go all in, ditching their approach for more low-key players. Basically, 3 richest teams around, all privately owned and funded by rich states or billionaires.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Even Madrid, the quintessential galactico team seems hesitant to pull the trigger with Haaland. I smell PSG :lol:.

Madrid/City making a mistake to sign Haaland?

What would you accept Barca spending on him? Lets say all in cost of 250m over 5 years.. taking that?

jamrock

Madrid's Galatico policy failed 2/3

Ronaldo, zidane era, fail
Kaka, Ronaldo fail.

They only started to win, when they looked at us & saw that the game was won & lost in midfield, that coupled with a few lucky results turn the tide in the 3rd Galatico era, with bale & Ronaldo which really wasn't a Galatico era, Fullbacks, midfield & luck, defined that era, which is why despite winning 3 in a row, that team isn't really remember as being great, great winners but not great, they would lose against most top CL winning teams that came before them.

Which is why I'm not too bothered if they get both haaland & mbappe history shows it's more unlikely to work, than likely.

If they get one & build a proper midfield, like they did with modric & kroos, and they click like those two did, that I'm more worried about.

mc_lovin

[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]: You like to reference Liverpools model, but they also got van Dijk for close to 90m. That's a galactico defender if I have ever seen one (irrelevant that we sponsored him).

Our current team excluding replacements for certain players and transfers for depth is easiest to improve with expensive transfers. We just need to get them right :p

serghei

Madrid/City making a mistake to sign Haaland?

What would you accept Barca spending on him? Lets say all in cost of 250m over 5 years.. taking that?

Gonna be 100m over that.

Let's see, what are the numbers like. 75 for Dortmund, 75 commissions and fees, + 40m per year gross in 5 years. That's 350m probably.

Absolutely not.

JamDav1982

[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]: You like to reference Liverpools model, but they also got van Dijk for close to 90m. That's a galactico defender if I have ever seen one (irrelevant that we sponsored him).

Our current team excluding replacements for certain players and transfers for depth is easiest to improve with expensive transfers. We just need to get them right :p

There is more than one way to do it is the point.

Likes of Serghie takes Liverpool and what they are currently doing as only way. Plenty teams have tried to copy that and failed and will fail.

Makes you wonder why anyone wants Mbappe and Haaland when Liverpool dont...

There could be ten teams trying to win in way Liverpool do and nine failing yet the one succeeding gets held up as only way to go.

It doesnt mean Barca have to have Haaland or cant compete either just different ways of doing it.

serghei

I saw Van Dijk is on a very normal salary, nothing obscene. That's more like a De Jong signing. Way under what Haaland numbers indicate. I think you guys don't understand the numbers such an operation would imply.

We're not dealing with an operation that is like 75m fee, + 20 gross over 5 years, meaning 175m or anything like that. :lol: It's a flat-out auction where everyone and their dog involved in this expects a big payday.

350m is what I expect the numbers would add up to. For that, Haaland and Raiola can fuck off. :lol: We're maybe paying half that.

At 175-200m over 5 years total investment I would do it. But I'm even seeing news like Haaland would want a shorter contract. Fucking joke.

I'm telling you, get Raphinha until Liverpool sign him as Salah replacement and dominate for the next 5 years if Klopp stays on. That 25 years old strong and pacy attacker who means business and is not trying to rip us off is the ideal signing. As was Ferran.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Gonna be 100m over that.

Let's see, what are the numbers like. 75 for Dortmund, 75 commissions and fees, + 40m per year gross in 5 years. That's 350m probably.

Absolutely not.

It wont be 350m but for 250m would you be happy with club signing him?

What do you value him at to be worthwhile signing?

Temptation

I saw Van Dijk is on a very normal salary, nothing obscene. That's more like a De Jong signing. Way under what Haaland numbers indicate. I think you guys don't understand the numbers such an operation would imply.

We're not dealing with an operation that is like 75m fee, + 20 gross over 5 years, meaning 175m or anything like that. :lol: It's a flat-out auction where everyone and their dog involved in this expects a big payday.

350m is what I expect the numbers would add up to. For that, Haaland and Raiola can fuck off. :lol: We're maybe paying half that.

At 175-200m over 5 years total investment I would do it. But I'm even seeing news like Haaland would want a shorter contract. Fucking joke.

I'm telling you, get Raphinha until Liverpool sign him as Salah replacement and dominate for the next 5 years if Klopp stays on.

Yes, VVD is our highest earner but earns 220k a week. A part of me can't help but admire FSG for being penny pinching cunts of the highest order.

And yes, we were definitely looking at Raphinha. Imagine him under Klopp. Damn you Barca!!

mc_lovin

Yeah, sure. Depends on where you draw the line.

And while the Real 2000's galactico approach is proven to be shit there are more ways to do it (as JamDav mentioned). For us the whole team looks decent and hard to improve with 40m transfers. A 'Van Dijk' or a top class forward would immediately make us CL contenders. Personally I am just not sold on Haaland though. But that's more down to Haaland than galactico signings.

serghei

It wont be 350m but for 250m would you be happy with club signing him?

What do you value him at to be worthwhile signing?

10m net a year + 75m transfer fee. Maybe 20m. tops in commissions. That's 20m gross salary for 5 years = 100m + 75m for Dortmund + 20m commission. Around 200m I'd do it. 40m / year total investment.

Oh, and 5-year contract or astronomical 250m. buyout after the first 3.

JamDav1982

10m net a year + 75m transfer fee. Maybe 20m. tops in commissions. That's 20m gross salary for 5 years = 100m + 75m for Dortmund + 20m commission. Around 200m I'd do it. 40m / year total investment.

Any club paying over that is making a mistake and not value then.

Lets see.

Home of Barca Fans