Erling Haaland

serghei

Yeah, sure. Depends on where you draw the line.

And while the Real 2000's galactico approach is proven to be shit there are more ways to do it (as JamDav mentioned). For us the whole team looks decent and hard to improve with 40m transfers. A 'Van Dijk' or a top class forward would immediately make us CL contenders. Personally I am just not sold on Haaland though. But that's more down to Haaland than galactico signings.

The thing is that nobody but Mbappe demands that sort of money. Hence only Mbappe is a certified galactico signing that is guaranteed success for me. The rest of the options are wannabe galacticos until proven otherwise, much like the road we've been with Dembele and Coutinho, and partly Griezmann.

JamDav1982

Has gone from 'Galacticos time is over' to it 'works if get the right ones'.

Mbappe was unproven 'Galactico' when signed for PSG. No one should have touched him as unproven.

serghei

Has gone from 'Galacticos time is over' to it 'works if get the right ones'.

Mbappe was unproven 'Galactico' when signed for PSG. No one should have touched him as unproven.

PSG got lucky. He signed with them before World Cup IIRC. Even then, Mbappe ruined City and carried Monaco to a CL semifinal + a Ligue One title, which is way more than anything Haaland did.

Mbappe is their Neymar, a great bet. Except we got 222m and a treble and they get 0 and European Embarrassments title.

Besides, as I told you, PSG don't have the pressure of money. We do.

JamDav1982

:lol:

Hundreds of millions of investments to lose the title to Lille, get knocked out by United kids, become Benzema's condom, and lose him for free.

They got Mbappe transfer right.

Try harder than that.

Their biggest issue is being in France and culture at their club where cant leave.

The money on Mbappe? Bargain.

serghei

They got Mbappe transfer right.

Try harder than that.

Their biggest issue is being in France and culture at their club where cant leave.

The money on Mbappe? Bargain.

I know man, I'm just kidding. :lol:

Have to take every single chance to make fun of the PSG Qataris.

Rassvet

Cba to read all the last pages but a 300m operation for five years of Haaland is actually quite reasonable. At least before the recent injuries he has suffered, I would probably consider that a bargain.

Neymar was like a 600m operation while the likes of Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele, and Hazard were all probably around 300m operations as well. Haaland is better than all of those were bar Neymar and comfortably younger than all of them bar Dembele.

Chelsea were reportedly interested in paying 150m+ for Haaland last summer as well so I don't think the cost of the deal is over the top but just looks that way because the fee is lower so there are all these different bonuses and commissions adding up.

serghei

Bale may be defined by his performances in finals, but he did have some good/great overall seasons as well.

Besides, he did launch the best line in World Football. Wales, Golf, Madrid, in that order.

That alone is worth the price of admission. :lol:

JamDav1982

I know man, I'm just kidding. :lol:

Have to take every single chance to make fun of the PSG Qataris.

Cant argue there.

Was chuffed Real scudded them out the CL.

They are the worst mix. Huge money and players that dont want to even be there after a while.

They are probably the ones that need some hybrid Bayern/Liverpool approach and try to snaffle best talents from French league to grow into something with a coach that has complete power.

Never happen though. They will throw money at it again this summer.

serghei

Cba to read all the last pages but a 300m operation for five years of Haaland is actually quite reasonable. At least before the recent injuries he has suffered, I would probably consider that a bargain.

Neymar was like a 600m operation while the likes of Griezmann, Coutinho, Dembele, and Hazard were all probably around 300m operations as well. Haaland is better than all of those were bar Neymar and comfortably younger than all of them bar Dembele.

Chelsea were reportedly interested in paying 150m+ for Haaland last summer as well so I don't think the cost of the deal is over the top but just looks that way because the fee is lower so there are all these different bonuses and commissions adding up.

Barto is no longer the president. Money has to be accounted for this time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
JanAageFjortoft (Very close to Haaland's camp): "Barcelona love to say that they are linked with the best players in the world to protect their status but after they get rejected by the players, they say ?yes, we rejected them because we have to take care of our finances?."

Who the hell is this Fjortoft guy? Haaland's personal mouth-piece journo right? We don't need to be linked with Haaland to protect our status, who the hell is Haaland anyways? 5 years ago, nobody knew who he was, 20 years from now, people will probably mention his name as one of the better players that played, that's it.

Let him go to Madrid or City or wherever.

JamDav1982

Who the hell is this Fjortoft guy? Haaland's personal mouth-piece journo right? We don't need to be linked with Haaland to protect our status, who the hell is Haaland anyways? 5 years ago, nobody knew who he was, 20 years from now, people will probably mention his name as one of the better players that played, that's it.

Let him go to Madrid or City or wherever.

No he isnt Haaland mouth piece and no one is claiming Barca are fucked if dont sign him either.

Home of Barca Fans