Erling Haaland

serghei

:lol:

Who the hell is this Fjortoft guy? Haaland's personal mouth-piece journo right? We don't need to be linked with Haaland to protect our status, who the hell is Haaland anyways? 5 years ago, nobody knew who he was, 20 years from now, people will probably mention his name as one of the better players that played, that's it.

Let him go to Madrid or City or wherever.

:lol: Madrid?

Read my words: oil club or glazer club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No he isnt Haaland mouth piece and no one is claiming Barca are fucked if dont sign him either.

Whatever, media is giving that Fortjord guy too much attention. Nobody would give him any attention or know how to spell his name after Haaland announces his decision, until he and Raiola throw a fit during contract renewal again, probably.

Rassvet

Barto is no longer the president. Money has to be accounted for this time.

I was talking more in general about the cost of the deal rather than whether it makes sense for Barca specifically to do it.

At least before these hints of Haaland being injury prone started coming up, 300m for five years of a player with his ability and age looked cheap if anything in the current market.

JamDav1982

Whatever, media is giving that Fortjord guy too much attention. Nobody would give him any attention or know how to spell his name after Haaland announces his decision, until he and Raiola throw a fit during contract renewal again, probably.

Nah he will still be in media.

Be onto Bellingham and Reyna speculation then.

Last year he was on Sancho.

fergus90

Fjortoft used to play for Middlesbrough back in the 90s. I doubt he has any inside info whatsoever, just ESPN lobbying him as a member of Haaland's entourage because he's Norwegian and used to play alongside Haaland snr.

The mans just using it to boost his own profile as a journo too and you can't blame him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
:lol: Madrid?

Read my words: oil club or glazer club.

It is pretty much between Madrid and City, right?

If he does go to Madrid, we will suffer on the pitch but the inner psychological triumph guy tells me that we will benefit too, La Liga will have two star players. ;)

JamDav1982

Fjortoft used to play for Middlesbrough back in the 90s. I doubt he has any inside info whatsoever, just ESPN lobbying him as a member of Haaland's entourage because he's Norwegian and used to play alongside Haaland snr.

Fjortoft been around as a journalist/claiming to have inside knowledge before Haaland and will be after.

Played in Germany as well and that is more of his focus.

serghei

It is pretty much between Madrid and City, right?

If he does go to Madrid, we will suffer on the pitch but the inner psychological triumph guy tells me that we will benefit too, La Liga will have two star players. ;)

I don't think Madrid gets him. They have the perfect chance to take a clean hit with Mbappe without any worries. Take it and run. Why complicate that with this guy, who's not even as good and could potentially clash with Mbappe...

Mbappe - Benzema - Vinicius. That's it. Wouldn't be surprised if they make Mbappe their main goalscorer a la Ronaldo after Benz is gone in 1-2 years, with the freedom to invade the no9 spot and sign in a wingman instead of a pure 9 next.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Do you even watch football? The reason halaand is rated is because of how clinical he is in front of goal as well as his movement, pace and power. You can't genuinely look at his performances and think yeah he's crap and no where near Mbappe who has only lifted his level this year.

Mbappe has been a flop at PSG same as Neymar, neymar was psgs best player by far for the majority of time they were both there with Mbappe only recently putting in better performances.

What's more absurd is thinking that Mbappe is a sure bet, no transfer is. Injuries alone can derail the best of players and make any transfer a flop.

But this forum is reactionary and revisionist so the takes are expected.

JamDav1982

I don't think Madrid get him. They have the perfect chance to take a clean hit with Mbapp without any worries. Take it and run. Why complicate that with this guy, who's not even as good and could potentially clash with Mbappe...

Mbappe - Benzema - Vinicius. That's it.

Madrid will go all in for him and claim they didnt if he goes to City.

Worst case scenario they sell him. Best case could be all time front line.

serghei

Do you even watch football? The reason halaand is rated is because of how clinical he is in front of goal as well as his movement, pace and power. You can't genuinely look at his performances and think yeah he's crap and no where near Mbappe who has only lifted his level this year.

Mbappe has been a flop at PSG same as Neymar, neymar was psgs best player by far for the majority of time they were both there with Mbappe only recently putting in better performances.

What's more absurd is thinking that Mbappe is a sure bet, no transfer is. Injuries alone can derail the best of players and make any transfer a flop.

But this forum is reactionary and revisionist so the takes are expected.

You voted for Dembele vs Mbappe in that poll... come on.. be open about it :lol:.

fergus90

Fjortoft been around as a journalist/claiming to have inside knowledge before Haaland and will be after.

Played in Germany as well and that is more of his focus.

He did indeed. He had a pretty decent career internationally too.

I actually remember watching him against us for Barnsley, him and Ashley Ward were class that day and they beat us 1-0. Seeing former players as middle aged journo's is always a stark remember of how fast time goes :lol:

JamDav1982

He did indeed. He had a pretty decent career internationally too.

I actually remember watching him against us for Barnsley, him and Ashley Ward were class that day and they beat us 1-0. Seeing former players as middle aged journo's is always a stark remember of how fast time goes :lol:

Can remember Roy Keane punching him.

Must have a thing for Norwegians.

serghei

:lol: that poll is a gift that keeps on giving. One of the better ones in Barcaforum history.

Don't worry. Whoever feels bad about it can search Redcafe's "would you swap Martial for Messi" thread years back. That will for sure make everyone here feel better.

Messi won 2 Ballon d'Ors since then. :coffee:

Martial won... tadaaa... a loan to Sevilla.

Home of Barca Fans