Erling Haaland

Andresito

Staff member
What's the minimum output that'll make his transfer worth it? For any club. Say over 5 years, is 1 CL and 3 leagues ok? Because I think we can reach that without him.

Temptation

What's the minimum output that'll make his transfer worth it? For any club. Say over 5 years, is 1 CL and 3 leagues ok? Because I think we can reach that without him.

2 CLs 3 leagues for me.

The sum of both should be 5 and there has to be atleast 1 UCL for that financial outlay.

You gotta average atleast 1 major trophy(league or UCL) per year if you pay for Haaland's cousin brother's wedding expenses. Period.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

1 cl in 5 years is though, look how long city is waiting or bayern after 2013 win. 1 cl in 5 years with Haaland would be already a success imo.

fergus90

Any club should be going blue in the face with the absurd figures going around regardless of their finances. There are many facets of his game that are needing major improvement before being able to justify that kind of salary.

Fantastic goalscorer, and a very likable player but if the service is not there he can't go deep to get it as his technical ability fails him, and gets dispossessed quite easily. Then is basically a non-entity all game if that doesn't change.

I'm not hating on the guy as I think he's super entertaining to watch, but his goalscoring does mask a lot of negatives that only show their face when Dortmund can't create chances or he's not afforded space.

JamDav1982

Don't know if I want him anymore. Financially seems irresponsible and possibly injury-prone?

He wont want to sign for Barca.

This is all part of the predicted 'he wanted to come and was convinced by Barcas project but finances wouldnt allow it'.

The easiest out for the club on this saga.

Leaves Barca looking frugal and also a dream destination for top players. Win win.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He wont want to sign for Barca.

This is all part of the predicted 'he wanted to come and was convinced by Barcas project but finances wouldnt allow it'.

The easiest out for the club on this saga.

Leaves Barca looking frugal and also a dream destination for top players. Win win.

Which we both are.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am more and more inclined to us not getting him, whether or not we can afford him or if he wants to come or not. It might be better for us that way.

gregorrin10

I really wanna see the Ansu - Ferran - Dembele attack at least once before this season ends. Just to see if we could make it work, and if we could, I'd honestly pass on Haaland, even if we can afford him. Much more important to bring in a world class partner for Araujo (Kounde? Xavi wants him apparently and paying that 75M for him rather than Haaland's release clause) and a quality LB to replace Alba long term, cause we can see defense is where we need real options and to improve massively, enough of this Lenglet, Mingueza, Umtiti, even Pique crap (he's 35 and playing through injuries for god's sake, he should just retire this summer and we should get Kounde/De Ligt and Christensen), and not having a real replacement for Alba.

Javi Galan could be fine as a stop gap, but if we didn't go for Haaland and went for a cheaper option in attack, we could go bigger on LB and bring in someone who could replace or at least properly challenge Alba for the starting spot, cause I honestly don't see Galan doing that, he's just too low profile, he'd would probably be another Digne situation, where he's just the back up and never even gets a real chance to challenge Alba. And he's not even that young, so unless we're actually willing to bet on Balde and get Galan as a stop gap until Balde is ready, I think we should go bigger and bring in someone with a higher profile.

We can always get someone like Nunez for that striker and 4th forward option in a swap deal with Trincao (Benfica seemingly want him) and some money, which would probably be half the Haaland release clause, not to mention all the agent fees and other crap we'd have to pay, if we got Haaland. Auba to stay as the 5th option. And we need at least 5 quality forwards, if we wanna match Liverpool, City, Bayern depth and really compete on all fronts next season.

Especially since both Fati and Dembele (if he stays) are big question marks regarding injuries. In an ideal world, we'd keep Dembele, and also get Raphinha and Nunez to really have the luxury of 2 great forwards on every attacking position, but I don't see us doing that, and we'll probably only get one of Raphinha or a striker, depending on what happens with Dembele. So that we'll have at least 4 good options, who play pretty much every game, rotating one from the bench obviously, with Auba being the 5th option and starting the occasional game, but mostly come on from the bench, while we'll fill that 6th forward spot with youngsters (Torre, Jutgla, Abde), calling them up to the first team, when necessary.

FinBarcelonafan

Haaland is a monster and will be after these injuries too, but I kind of started liking the idea of that Benfica striker. I like the way he plays, he could be bought for similar amount but salary probably three times less. That fits our core team salary too.

I think signing Haaland would upset rest of the team too, because his salary.

We just signed almost all our key players to very team friendly contracts. Let's keep it that way.

If loaded: buy Haaland
Current situation: buy someone else

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans