Erling Haaland

Temptation

before Haaland's injury most guys thought he is the better player but now Mbappe leads...we need the lead back. Mbappe has improved a lot compared to last season, actually his finishing, dribbling and passing got way better.

Mbappe's passing and creative abilities were a tad underrated until this season. He always had that in his locker.

Mbappe has 1 more goal in the CL than the much criticized Messi

Laplacian

But Mbappe is a better all-round player, creates more and assists more, Haaland is a better finisher though.

no fucking shit, Mbappe's a winger and Haaland's a pure 1.93m striker. Mbappe's got better all around play than Lewandowski as well. It's expected, he's a winger. If I want goals and just goals though, Haaland is my pick. I can leave the passing and the dribbling to the wingers on the flanks.

Haaland not being Ronaldo Nazario's incarnation is not a negative.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Mbappe's passing and creative abilities were a tad underrated until this season. He always had that in his locker.

Mbappe has 1 more goal in the CL than the much criticized Messi

I agree that his passing was underestimated, but I still didn't see his passing as well as this season. Messi was pretty good in cl (goals wise)until the Real games, he was criticized for his LaLiga performances.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's taking his sweet time to make a decision, that's for sure.

Sounds like both City and Real Madrid aren't so confident anymore as if he's keeping everyone in the dark.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As I said in Mbappe thread; these young guys should be more smart and less greedy about their choices. If I was a young player I'd pick a great city like Barcelona and play under Xavi in up and coming team ready to challenge and still with room to integrate.
Of course I may be biased.

Still plenty of time to milk oil clubs later in career for golden retirement contracts.

Andresito

Staff member
As I said in Mbappe thread; these young guys should be more smart and less greedy about their choices. If I was a young player I'd pick a great city like Barcelona and play under Xavi in up and coming team ready to challenge and still with room to integrate.
Of course I may be biased.

Still plenty of time to milk oil clubs later in career for golden retirement contracts.

Tbf Haaland already made the smart choice of going to Dortmund with a release clause instead of United for example.

He's in a great position now, and seems like he'll get almost everything he wants.

Morten

Tbf Haaland already made the smart choice of going to Dortmund with a release clause instead of United for example.

He's in a great position now, and seems like he'll get almost everything he wants.

True, United wasn't the place to be, it seems most players just ends up stagnating there these days.

Raketa10

If Mbappe ends up in Madrid, Haaland probably won't go there. Considering his huge requests there are only few options left. Chelsea is broke and I am sure Lpool won't pay that sum. Furthermore, Barca simply can't afford him if he doesn't lower his expectations and he probably won't. Let's also assume that Lewa will renew with Bayern (IMHO that's probably going to happen), City and PSG will be the only two options left on the table.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Erling Haaland rejected an offer from Manchester City worth between €27m and €28m net per season. - @Telegraph

So, he wants more or a different club? :lol: Heck no to those numbers though. That's five times what Ansu, Pedri or Araujo earn. Reportedly we offered 15m net, which should be our absolute limit.

Still have a gut feeling he will join us.

Joan

That's roughly 355m package + bonuses (roughly 280m in wages and 75m clause) for 5 years.

A lot of money for a potentially injury prone player.

fergus90

I think it's the desire to play in Spain rather than the money. Bet he'd be willing to get paid half that to play for Real Madrid.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Could well be he rejects that type of salary as City are not offering release clause for him to head to Spain in 2/3 years... or he is waiting to see what Mbappe does maybe as Real is clearly he ideal choice all things equal.

Shame as heading to Barca now he could become second to Messi on all time scorer, have a statue by time he finishes and even potentially be captaincy there for him in a few years if he proves to be the leader.

FinBarcelonafan

Erling Haaland rejected an offer from Manchester City worth between ?27m and ?28m net per season. - @Telegraph

So, he wants more or a different club? :lol: Heck no to those numbers though. That's five times what Ansu, Pedri or Araujo earn. Reportedly we offered 15m net, which should be our absolute limit.

Still have a gut feeling he will join us.

It's great offer. I doubt it's about money.

Messi983

Wouldn't bet on it if they got Mbappe.

Looks possible he'll renew with PSG.

Wouldn't put it past Florentino to sign both (it's questionable if they want to play together though especially in a team that already has Benz - yeah, he's old but still playing on a top level - and Vini) but I'm sure he'll get one of them. Mbappe still more likely imo but we'll see. Ideally we get Haaland and Mbappe stays in Paris but very unlikely.

It's understandable if they are both also waiting on each other decision. Can't really use an excuse they are focusing on current season too much. Both of their clubs are out of Europe, PSG will surely win Ligue 1 and Dortmund will likely finish 2nd in BL but have all but guaranteed a top 4 spot which is probably their main goal.

So they have enough time to study offers and think what's the best for them. It's really not an easy decision and there is pressure from all sides. Imagine if both would drag their decisions into late July/early August. Folk would go crazy. Don't expect it to happen though.

Home of Barca Fans