Erling Haaland

Temptation

Got a sneaky feeling that he won't suit City that much.

I think he's better for a side like Paris or Real.

But can't deny his amazing goalscoring ability. Hope he can knock off the injuries. He's way too young to be dealing with this.

ajnotkeith

Benzema can play the 10/support Haaland and Mbappe can play on the wing so it isn't impossible to fit them into one 11, but doubt Benzema will be happy with taking a supporting role again especially after such a great season he's having. Madrid isn't realistic, maybe they'll sell Benzema?

fergus90

Wouldn't bet on it if they got Mbappe.

That's true. But I meant more because Mbappe seems ponderous that if the opportunity arose to go to Madrid, he wouldn't need a 25 million salary to be convinced.

Doesn't want to accept City's offer yet in case there is a chance Mbappe stays in Paris.

Temptation

Benzema can play the 10/support Haaland and Mbappe can play on the wing so it isn't impossible to fit them into one 11, but doubt Benzema will be happy with taking a supporting role again especially after such a great season he's having. Madrid isn't realistic, maybe they'll sell Benzema?

Benzema will be sold if Haaland comes. United will buy him.

fergus90

Haaland would suit Madrid much more than City. The perfect striker for Pep's City is Harry Kane in my opinion.

Temptation

Haaland would suit Madrid much more than City. The perfect striker for Pep's City is Harry Kane in my opinion.

Disagree with the Kane point. I think City is too robotic and strictly choreographed for him. Kane needs more freedom to express himself and drop deep and work his magic as he wishes. Pep's City is way too mechanical. This is why Kane worked so well under Mourinho. Kane also isn't that good in tight spaces and one touch play. He's rather sluggish on the ball and prefers more time to ping those beautiful balls. Look at Grealish. Same thing happened to him. Some players need freedom to express themselves to full avail.

Totally agree with your Haaland point.

Raketa10

That's roughly 355m package + bonuses (roughly 280m in wages and 75m clause) for 5 years.

A lot of money for a potentially injury prone player.

That's absurd amount of money for ANY player. The more I think the more I actually don't care if he joins Barca or not. One player alone can't make a difference regardless of how good he is. I would much rather have a well balanced squad full of good players with 3 or 4 world class players than one "mega star" player with 10 players acting as his servants. We already tried that and we couldn't do shit in Europe for the last 6 years. If his demands are absurd we should just strengthen the team in every possible way we can and than wait for some other world class attacker to emerge during the next few seasons. It's not like Haaland would be a guarantee for wining a CL.

Last edited:

MagIX

That's roughly 355m package + bonuses (roughly 280m in wages and 75m clause) for 5 years.

A lot of money for a potentially injury prone player.

I like him, but under these conditions he can go fuck himself. Absurd prices for any player.

Honestly, given the way the system is going and how I feel about it, I should stop watching football because I'm sick and tired of feeding this sick system.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Should come back down to earth a bit with those demands because he hasn't proven anything major yet. Who except City and PSG will pay that kind of money anyways? I doubt even Flo is seriously considering Haaland.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I like him, but under these conditions he can go fuck himself. Absurd prices for any player.

Honestly, given the way the system is going and how I feel about it, I should stop watching football because I'm sick and tired of feeding this sick system.

Use the high seas and you'll get the best of both worlds.

Andresito

Staff member
J?rgen Klopp on Erling Haaland deal for Liverpool:
“No chance! We won’t be going there. The numbers involved are just crazy – we’ll be having nothing to do with it”, reports Reuters via Bild. #LFC “To be honest, I don’t want anything to do with it. It’s not fun”.

Temptation

J?rgen Klopp on Erling Haaland deal for Liverpool:
?No chance! We won?t be going there. The numbers involved are just crazy ? we?ll be having nothing to do with it?, reports Reuters via Bild. #LFC ?To be honest, I don?t want anything to do with it. It?s not fun?.
My manager. I dont want Haaland anywhere near our club. Not for financial but for Footballing reasons. Yup.

Home of Barca Fans