Ernesto Valverde - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A Marcelo Bielsa desiple like Quique Setien would improve this Barca considerably. Roberto Martinez is another name I can suggest who can be available.

Roberto Martinez is overrated. Guy has never managed to set up a defence in his career.

Quique Setien I'm not sure about. Let's see how he does with Betis this season.

DonAK

Not very positive about VAR being used in La Liga. Valverde certainly isn't a fan of any innovation lol.

Gnidrologist

I didn't get the part about the so-called EPL dorks and La Liga.
I mean english fans pretending that they don't care about Cl and how PL is more prestigious trophy anyway only because they mostly fail at CL time and time again for past decade. Last year's Liverpool final was their best achievement there in a decade. Not to mention that for Barca winning La liga is lesser milestone than for any of current EPL teams winning their league. It has already become a routine and there aren't really much challenge to do so with such a superior squad compared to likes of Sevilla, Villareal, Atletico and Real sucking at it since forever.

Trickykid

I mean english fans pretending that they don't care about Cl and how PL is more prestigious trophy anyway only because they mostly fail at CL time and time again for past decade. Last year's Liverpool final was their best achievement there in a decade. Not to mention that for Barca winning La liga is lesser milestone than for any of current EPL teams winning their league. It has already become a routine and there aren't really much challenge to do so with such a superior squad compared to likes of Sevilla, Villareal, Atletico and Real sucking at it since forever.

I see.

I think it's another matter for fans and players of La Liga - traditionally at least. I remember reading and/or seeing more than a few interviews about how prestigious La Liga is and how much passion is involved, likely due to the huge rivalry between us and Real and the subsequent nationalism, pride and ill feelings towards one another.

The ever-growing media frenzy surrounding the ChL is obviously part of the fact that many now see the ChL as the pinnacle of football, though, and with constant talks of the creation of a euro superleague, the national leagues - including La Liga - will eventually fall even more in prestige. Sadly.

Gnidrologist

Tbh, i considered CL even more prestigious in the 90s, when there were still 16 teams. Maybe because i also had less knowledge about any local leagues. Only some highlights from Eurogoals and such. It was also creme de la creme of clubs, not like now, when only last stages of playoffs gets interesting. Never really gave a shit about media hype. I still think that top satisfaction in football is to win against team from different country, with different style and establish not only superiority of a club, but country overall. For full blooded catalans it might be different although i don't see why having Catalonia chamaps of the world (which CL winner effectively is) would seem on the same scale as one-upping los blancos for an umpteenth time.

Barcilliant

The only person who fits these criteria is Allegri.

I second Allegri. At least he knows what he's doing. I doubt Allegri will have us playing sparkling football but it can't be any worse than Valverde's.

Valverde lacks intensity and inspiration. Whenever I see a training session it looks like the players are going through the motions.

Our football is SLOOOIW. Whether we play attacking or deeper the movement and transition are slow or non existant.

This guy has no template. He seems clueless. He has no settled first eleven.

He is timid. He is afraid of his own fart. Hasn't attempted to develop any youngsters and defers to the senior players.

He's a mid table manager who can keep an average team afloat. He's like that steady accountant type who brings home a decent salary but is fucking boring and his wife just tolerates him.

I could go on and on but I can't remember disliking any Barca manager as much as this guy.

Good news. Hope he stays for a few more years.

Please NO!!!!!!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
They are just fabricating, guessing to write something. But it also could be a test balloon to see what the public thinks. Companies and governments do it all the time.

BusiTheKing

This season, let's do a count of how many performances that truly does justice to the talent in our squad. I'm not talking aesthetics here. The criteria is full 90 minutes of us looking like the best team in the world (or second best, if you think City's squad beats our in terms of raw talent).

Currently, we're 0 for 1.

vlad

This season, let's do a count of how many performances that truly does justice to the talent in our squad. I'm not talking aesthetics here. The criteria is full 90 minutes of us looking like the best team in the world (or second best, if you think City's squad beats our in terms of raw talent).

Currently, we're 0 for 1.

pique is far from the best CB, semedo isnt WC RB, alba is solid LB, then midfield, busi is far from his best form, arthur is still just a talent from brasil, coutinho is world class, its question how vidal will adapt and consider he had knee operation, about rakitic you know what to expect, then attack, out of form suarez, dembele who still is just a talent, malcom wasnt really outstanding in france

so i think you are overrating this squad

xXKonan

pique is far from the best CB, semedo isnt WC RB, alba is solid LB, then midfield, busi is far from his best form, arthur is still just a talent from brasil, coutinho is world class, its question how vidal will adapt and consider he had knee operation, about rakitic you know what to expect, then attack, out of form suarez, dembele who still is just a talent, malcom wasnt really outstanding in france

You're underselling the squad by quite a bit.

This is the best squad he has ever had to work with. None of the guys he had at Bilbao remotely compare to the likes of what we have even if the likes of Busi and Pique, Suarez aren't doing as well these days. At Bilbao despite his limitations in the market he still had them play pretty good football most of the time.

If Valverde cannot get this team to play good football at least on a consistent basis then that's more of an issue with him than the squad is. Bet Lucho would kill to have the options we currently have now on the bench when he was here.

DonAK

Lesser teams are able to play entertaining football without going full on Rayo Vallecano suicidal football.

Trying to play a more creative, inventive, entertaining style of football won't make this team lose points all of a sudden or lose the league.

You can play good football and win major trophies. Especially La Liga.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Him staying a few more years will turn us unrecognizable.

I got my sign in today, will take it to Camp Nou in October.

IMG_7566.jpg

Home of Barca Fans