Ernesto Valverde - V1

Joan

Good news. Hope he stays for a few more years.

Why?

I'm content with the work he's done so far, but to stay for a few more years needs to show more. Especially in terms of long-term planning, trusting the youth and developing for the future.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why?

I'm content with his the work he's done so far, but to stay for a few more years needs to show more. Especially in terms of long-term planning, trusting the youth and developing for the future.

Messi983 likes to troll or be a contrarian to annoy people that get hysterical. At least that's what I hope :lol:

Joan

Messi983 likes to troll or be a contrarian to annoy people that get hysterical. At least that's what I hope :lol:

Oh, I'm aware of it. Must admit that I had second thoughts about that post in particular, but sounded as something Messi983 could really think. :sherlock:

xXKonan

No reason to give Valverde a long term deal right now. Heck Valverde himself probably doesn't want one either.

Considering how annoyed he was during the summer transfer window from last year and now when it came to certain targets and him losing Paulinho and Neymar etc he probably thinks of just serving out what he has left and leaving after that.

Probably wants to go to another club that doesn't feel like things are being done behind his back without knowing and being pressures by the higher ups if has failures.

khaled_a_d

Quique Setien I'm not sure about. Let's see how he does with Betis this season.

By start of next season he will be 61 and the biggest name he coached is fathertime Joaqin. I won't take a risk with a coach like him at all at this point.

No reason to give Valverde a long term deal right now. Heck Valverde himself probably doesn't want one either.

It is probably for good relation with the coach, I think if things go south EV won't blackmail us for his salary and contract will be ended with mutual agreement. But it is always positive thing to make your coach feel supported and hence the reason for the "alleged" extension.
It also helps the coach to build something for the future rather than trying to save his position.

Not very positive about VAR being used in La Liga. Valverde certainly isn't a fan of any innovation lol.

Many are saying the same tbh, I am against it myself, so is UEFA (for now) and EPL. I think we are far from seeing the final version of it and think Liga should have waited a bit before using it.
Also don't like that the talking about using it heated up after our goal against Malaga, made it look like the move is against us

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
By start of next season he will be 61 and the biggest name he coached is fathertime Joaqin. I won't take a risk with a coach like him at all at this point.

It is probably for good relation with the coach, I think if things go south EV won't blackmail us for his salary and contract will be ended with mutual agreement. But it is always positive thing to make your coach feel supported and hence the reason for the "alleged" extension.
It also helps the coach to build something for the future rather than trying to save his position.

Many are saying the same tbh, I am against it myself, so is UEFA (for now) and EPL. I think we are far from seeing the final version of it and think Liga should have waited a bit before using it.
Also don't like that the talking about using it heated up after our goal against Malaga, made it look like the move is against us

UEFA will use it in the CL from the QF.

In the PL there's already criticism from fans and teams about not implementing it this summer. The problem have never been VAR, but incompetent referees. VAR worked really well during the World Cup with minimal breaks.

As for Valverde then he's always ambiguous in his statements, to the point it becomes annoying and inspires little confidence. Always pointing out potential dangers rather than instilling some fighting mentality or winning mentality. Something he might be doing in the dressing room, but gives a bad look to the press and reasons for them to talk trash about it and speculate.

I mean all managers say that XYZ team is dangerous, but he takes it to another level :lol:

And the same with everything else really. Always giving a comment that can be interpreted a million ways instead of being clear like some of his predecessors were.

Last edited:

serghei

UEFA will use it in the CL from the QF.

In the PL there's already criticism from fans and teams about not implementing it this summer. The problem have never been VAR, but incompetent referees. VAR worked really well during the World Cup with minimal breaks.

As for Valverde then he's always ambiguous in his statements, to the point it becomes annoying and inspires little confidence. Always pointing out potential dangers rather than instilling some fighting mentality or winning mentality. Something he might be doing in the dressing room, but gives a bad look to the press and reasons for them to talk trash about it and speculate.

I mean all managers say that XYZ team is dangerous, but he takes it to another level :lol:

And the same with everything else really. Always giving a comment that can be interpreted a million ways instead of being clear like some of his predecessors were.

Agreed. Smells of poor mentality. You are managing probably the most expensive squad in the world and you spend more time talking about how dangerous the other smaller teams are instead of making sure you play like a champion out there.

But the worst thing by far is that he actually sets up our team as if he actually fears those smaller teams. He actually is a play it safe coward manager, it's not just the talk or him being polite about our opponents.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Words can't express how much disgust I have for this guy. Beyond words.

Thinking about the potential we lost under this coward makes me so mad. We could have been so much better under just any other manager. Bring Luis Enrique back. Bring Tata Martino back. We could have been much better.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Everyone calls Zidane the lucky black magic guy but EV is WAYYY more lucky. Dude gets so many ridiculously lucky undeserved wins and draws relying on individual brilliance (Messi, Dembele, Coutinho) or own goals.

Valverde loves defensive subs more than Ronaldo loves penalties. Pathetic.

Home of Barca Fans