Ernesto Valverde - V1

henias

the old guard hold the team back. bottled in this year and against Roma, and before that were getting trashed by Juventus, and bottled against Atletico. they are also slow which prevents barca from playing with their normal style. in order to play possession and high line, you need guys that can run, press, catch up to attackers and be comfortable with the ball. I hope de jong and de ligt can help in this area as well as Arthur and dembele developing.

so yes, valverde is to blame for his poor team selection, but these guys have been fucking up since 2015, even under lucho in later stages of cl. a new coach would be let down by them.

I have said before this game that barca needed a new direction this summer, even if they won the cl. a coach with a vision who can develop youth.

Lol EV is still doing nothing to motivate the old guards and let them have a free pass no matter how well they do.

That is why we need a coach to bring out the old, and give more young bloods a chance, not someone who literally relies on them for dear life.

Lucho didnt have the luxury of such a huge quality squad and even had a makeshift RB. Valverde is copying Lucho's exact set of players that caused us problems. Only replaced those who left Barcelona.

Probably the old guards will be out soon if they can find someone to shake up and give the team an overhaul. No more relying on these set of players.

Drab football needs to go too. New talents don't come to Barca to learn Atletico defending.

serghei

There is no fucking way on the planet that a sane competent manager sets up a Barca team vs Liverpool like Huddersfield.

Neymessi

Did I feel like I an annoying cunt who just could not help but criticize EV match after match even when we won?

Did I come across a pretentious little shit with his signature that sounded way too intellectual? Well, tough titties but looks like I was always right and I don't even care if you feel I am being that annoying "I told you" guy.
[MENTION=12215]Ursegor[/MENTION] [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] [MENTION=2258]Hamzah[/MENTION]

I ask you all to stand trial in this EV thread and now tell us again how exactly EV is a fine manager. I have spent a lot of time arguing here on this topic and I really want to hear your shitty illogical views again. I am someone who considers us pretty shit for a top team and consider EV pretty clueless also but even I did not expect us to lose to them who were lacking their 2 best players

We are a joke guys, and very deservedly so. We laughed on PSG for 6-1? I honestly think we are the bigger laughing stock than them. A league double means fuck all to me right now.

I am not going to point out EV flaws now. But seriously, if anyone here ever comes up with the "oh come on man you are just spoilt" bullshit or "look we are top of the league", I will not hold back and will tear them to pieces. Oh, by the way, I did not say this before, because many intellectuals here would have tried educating me, but winning the La Liga wasn't a big deal this year at all. Who exactly would have stopped us? Rm, Atletico...pphhh Don't make the EV has won La Liga excuse again

I will sign off by saying that I am disappointed that my signature is still relevant today, and unfortunately, EV will not be sacked, and even more unfortunately, next year at this time everyone will be defending EV, just like a lot of people were defending him before Liverpool EVEN AFTER ROMA HAPPENED LAST YEAR so look at this thread right now and remember that this time, and the time Roma happened, was the only time people actually felt the truth about EV unanimously. From here on, month after month, people will start to consider EV good slowly

I hope Bbz, Ursegor, Hamzah, Jamdav etc had a good hard look at themselves and introspect that they were wrong after all and made this place pretty toxic with their pseudo-intellectual arguments. Really feel for Henias, George Constanza etc who like me got tired trying to make others understand how wrong things were under him. It was the same thing last year also before Roma when me Henias and serghei were taking the charge. Actually seeing so many people bash Ev ONLY NOW is something I am not happy looking at it as they wake up so late. I hope next time people aren't following this fraud of a coach. I have died a little inside being the joke of the season 2 times in a row.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Lol EV is still doing nothing to motivate the old guards and let them have a free pass no matter how well they do.

That is why we need a coach to bring out the old, and give more young bloods a chance, not someone who literally relies on them for dear life.

Lucho didnt have the luxury of such a huge quality squad and even had a makeshift RB. Valverde is copying Lucho's exact set of players that caused us problems. Only replaced those who left Barcelona.

Probably the old guards will be out soon if they can find someone to shake up and give the team an overhaul. No more relying on these set of players.

fully agree with that

shadows

I wish we got rid of the board as well along with Valverde.. The bad buys stem from them too.. from their epic buys of Gomes Paulinho etc from the Lucho era to the current era of Valverde and tying up our lazy seniors who have been shit for a while to lucrative long contracts.... this is not what you surround a generational talent like Messi with..neither is the coach worthy either!!

FCBfan22

Does nobody mention the genious decision to play Dembele in a meaningless game vs Celta on the weekend, just for him to get injured...

:pep:

Zidane82

It doesn’t matter fuk all what the users in this forum say. The problem is Bartomeu, socios, and camp nou season ticket holders. They are completely fine with a cuck like EV. I hope this loss changes that. The people of Barcelona can’t accept this mediocrity.

I keep being told the football doesn’t matter as long as we win ...
Sorry but I will never accept mediocrity

Eddy_JukeZ

Not a Barcelona fan, but I like watching Messi play.

Valverde is a terrible manager for you guys and deserves to be sacked.

However, if the next manager persists with Suarez and Messi, a lot of the same problems will occur. You can't carry 2 players in the team who don't press and don't put a shift in during defensive transitions. Suarez has to be replaced ASAP along with a few other players.

GoodKid

His subs were so bad tonight. He really made us play more defensive after Liverpool scored the 3-0 by subbing out our second most creative player for a right back. Then he subbed out our only midfielders who are a goal threat in Rakitic and Vidal and subbed in side-pass Arthur when Liverpool began to sit back. Not to mention that our overall approach was way too defensive. Roma all over again.

xXKonan

Didn't matter if Dembele scored that 4th goal.

We would have probably seen the same shitshow out of Valverde and the players today. There's no excuse for a team like ours to lose a 3-0 Lead none at all.

MTL_Barca

He won't resign

:valverde2:

Barto will have to do it....and pay him millions for nothing. Man that contract extension was a brilliant idea wasn't it.

Tekkers

really dont understand this tactic of his of just sitting back and allowing another team to just attack you.

when has anyone ever won a fight by just putting their hands above their face and allowing someone to punch them while throwing nothing back?

the way barca played in the last ten minutes, is the same way the played in last ten minutes against roma when they went full fledged attack mode, and it just highlights how inept this clown is

he shouldve been screaming on the sideline for his team to play with more urgency and intent after the first

Home of Barca Fans