FC Barcelona B (Barça Atlètic)

JamDav1982

Doh, he was the manager so who else would they be playing under when they developed, and by they we mean two.

But I didn't see anything to suggest eusebio had much to do with it, unless he just took those two a side and gave them some special training while leaving everyone else to learn by them self.

How long have you been watching barca b.

Who else in the team did you expect to develop towards the first team this season?

Show me the years that 4/5 players have done that.

You think the failures of players to develop is down to the manager but the success stories have nothing to do with him.

Strange logic and very selective.

jamrock

Who else in the team did you expect to develop towards the first team this season?

You think the failures of players to develop is down to the manager but the success stories have nothing to do with him.

I'm not talking about players developing for the first team just developing.

And you are saying the players who develop is because of him and those who haven't its because they are good enough or what.

MessiDinho10

2011/2012, Muniesa, Tello, Cuenca, Thiago, Montoya.

JamDav1982

I'm not talking about players developing for the first team just developing.

Who did not develop that you expected would?

Deulofoeu, Rafinha, Grimaldo, Alberto for me all did.

Roberto not really.

None of the rest look anywhere near the standard for breaking into the Barcelona first team.

You may want to see players developing but give me a select few developing to the point of the first team any day than a team full of average players going on to have careers elswhere.

MessiDinho10

Muniesa? He has never been promoted to the first team squad.

Tello was still in b team that season as was Cuenca and Montoya.

Only Thiago was promoted that summer I think.

It was about developing to the first team, not to be actually in the first team.
And actually, Muniesa would have been promoted, but then he got serious injury.

jamrock

It was about developing to the first team, not to be actually in the first team.
And actually, Muniesa would have been promoted, but then he got serious injury.

Was going to reply to him until I saw that, doesn't really get where we are coming from.
Wasn't watching barca b under Luis too I'm sure.

JamDav1982

Was going to reply to him until I saw that, doesn't really get where we are coming from.
Wasn't watching barca b under Luis too I'm sure.

Haha the old 'I have watched Barca longer' card.

Pathetic.

The fact remains that those 5 players did not get promoted all at once.

Galning

The fact also remains that the B team's level has dropped significantly. And so has the development of the players.
Did some players get better like Deulofeu? Yes. Is that because of Eusebio? Probably not. Would they have had better results & better development with another manager? Probably.

I really can't understand that somebody can claim Eusebio is doing a great job with the B team. I honestly can't. Unless as Jamrock said you haven't watched them enough in recent years.

JamDav1982

The fact also remains that the B team's level has dropped significantly. And so has the development of the players.
Did some players get better like Deulofeu? Yes. Is that because of Eusebio? Probably not. Would they have had better results & better development with another manager? Probably.

I really can't understand that somebody can claim Eusebio is doing a great job with the B team. I honestly can't. Unless as Jamrock said you haven't watched them enough in recent years.

I am not saying he is doing a great job I am saying that players are still arriving at the first team squad and that is what it is all about.

They scored more than last season and are in roughly the same league position.

Are they as strong and as good an overall side as a couple of years ago? No, but that was a far more balanced and complete team with the players handed to the b team manager than this season.

More important than the football being played players are still progressing ans for that reason he in my opinion has not done a bad job.

Your point was to develop players TOWARDS the first team. This means that they don't have to actually be promoted to the first team, which shows that your little fact doesn't support your point.

No I am arguing it is based on players getting promoted to the first team. Not about improving every player in the squad.

Hope that helps.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Who did not develop that you expected would?

Deulofoeu, Rafinha, Grimaldo, Alberto for me all did.

Roberto not really.

None of the rest look anywhere near the standard for breaking into the Barcelona first team.

You may want to see players developing but give me a select few developing to the point of the first team any day than a team full of average players going on to have careers elswhere.

Eusebio did nothing to get credit for Deulofeu's development. Everything Deulofeu improved on was individual and that's pretty obvious considering that he still doesn't connect with the rest of the team very well. Eusebio did nothing to make Deulofeu a more team oriented player and definitely had nothing to do with his growth.

Grimaldo was poor defensively but good in attack, once again learned nothing from Eusebio.

Rafinha improved in a sense that he became mature and took a sense of responsibility within the team, something I doubt Eusebio taught.

Alberto was obviously not a Eusebio product either.

My point being, Eusebio did not develop any of these players. His system didn't teach them how to play within a team, their development was individual in spite of Eusebio, not because he helped.

Home of Barca Fans