FC Barcelona Finances

serghei

They are idiots so nothing is that surprising. Tebas wants to be a star and have his name being talked about. He is a moron who is having his moment of glory and fame.

Guy didn't even take into consideration that COVID happened. Get this. We are suffering under this moron because the clubs aren't some toys in the hands of billionaires, and are instead heavily dependent on organic revenue generating systems like match attendances, tourism, merchandising etc.

After all of those took a hit because of the pandemic, these clowns are even adding to the problems expecting these teams to make up for the losses by furthering indebting the clubs. :lol: That's a great plan.

Last edited:

serghei

Tebas is such a rat he is actually exploiting the fact that La Liga clubs were heavily hit by COVID to play hardball on them and pose as some sort of idiotic defendant of rules and regulations. You moron, these clubs are mostly in trouble because of 1.5 years of shit revenues impacted by COVID measures.

Joan

From what I gather, LaLiga refused to consider capital gains contained in the first two levers as revenue. That's worth about 130m total. Selling the fourth lever will be enough to cover. Rules are vague enough so they keep clubs in the dark.

serghei

With the way things are going, I think we can expect another Superleague proposal in the near future.

Yeah, it seems like the only way to protect yourself is to slam the table and make your own rules. It's either this or sell every club to a billionaire and have them battling out to see who the richest is. That is where it's going.

Florentino is the instigator of that because he knows that while Madrid have it good now, the path is inevitable.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
La Liga did factor COVID into the calculations, there are reports on it extending the losses to several season but I don’t understand all the details. Still, the fact that we are not the only club suffering speaks to how incapacitating it’s controls are.

serghei

La Liga did factor COVID into the calculations, there are reports on it extending the losses to several season but I don’t understand all the details. Still, the fact that we are not the only club suffering speaks to how incapacitating it’s controls are.

It's probably some measure that doesn't fully give COVID the devastating impact it truly had. For Barcelona, the impact was immense. The club and the revenues could probably carry the incompetence of Bartomeu, or at least suffer much more minor losses. Remember that pre-COVID the club was soaring in terms of revenue.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rookie mistake by Barca and Real Madrid not to plant one of their own guys as La Liga President.

Birdy

From what I gather, LaLiga refused to consider capital gains contained in the first two levers as revenue. That's worth about 130m total. Selling the fourth lever will be enough to cover. Rules are vague enough so they keep clubs in the dark.

Someone needs to explain to me what are the capital gains they are refusing to acknowledge?

Did we not receive fresh cash from Sixth Street for the first two levers (TV rights)? Does that not directly enter the balance sheet of the season in our books?

Joan

Someone needs to explain to me what are the capital gains they are refusing to acknowledge?

Did we not receive fresh cash from Sixth Street for the first two levers (TV rights)? Does that not directly enter the balance sheet of the season in our books?

We received direct cash from Sixth Street but we registered higher, estimated future values for accounting purposes thus capital gains. We sold the first package for 207m and we estimated a capital gain of 60m making it 267m. LaLiga refused to acknowledge 130m of capital gains in total for 25% of the rights. At least that's what I got from it. But it's rather unclear when talking about TV rights. Especially how they estimated it. LaLiga didn't have to refuse it, it seems. Some reports saying Laporta and co. were confident they wouldn't.

Last edited:

serghei

Laporta and Co. should just assume the worst case scenarios from these clowns. Just assume they will do anything to get one over Barca.

El Gato

Villarato!
So what?s he actually done other than look at Barca and Betis books and told them to go look for actual revenue?
Specifics of why he didn?t consider certain sales as counting towards FFP?

Sounds like world smallest violin playing for Barca having to bend over backward to fix the mess of the president they elected to me lol

Home of Barca Fans