FC Barcelona Finances

serghei

Haaland? Granted we don't know if City's offer was better than Madrid's, also the theory that he didn't go to Madrid only because he thought Mbappe was coming.

I am with Porque, Barca and Real can go down if not being careful. Nothing lasts forever.

They'd need like decades of being shit to knock them off. I'm talking 25-30 years. Do you ever see Madrid or Barca doing a Liverpool and not winning a title in Spain for that amount of time? I don't. If one of them goes 3-4 years without one it's Armageddon.

Tackle

Selling Frenkie would clear 110m and alleviate the need to sell off more club assets. 80m transfer fee + 30m gross wages = 110m. Alas, lad does not want to leave.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Did Madrid bid for him? I tought the story was that they were all in for Mbappe and Haaland was persuaded to join City since Madrid didn't make a move.

From what I read they and City were the two that actively pursued and courted him, Madrid had thought they would get both since Mbappe was supposed to be free. But I don't know what really happened.

I think this La Liga hubris is over the top. I think it was a great point to point out Serie A in the 90's, not just Milan had some great star players from all over the world and now what it has become. Of course Spain is different from Italy, La Liga is different from Serie A (for one thing few Italian clubs own the stadium where they play at, from what I have read), but La Liga will not be immune to a decline. In a way the league is further left behind by the EPL from monetary standpoint alone, hence I supported the CVC deal for most La Liga clubs.

El Gato

Villarato!
Haaland was never fully ours and collapsed the moment club made it clear Mbappe is priority on free and Benzema is staying till 2023 as on world class form

Benzema did more to stop the transfer than anything else

M3ls

Goalkeepers:

1. Pena less than 1 million euros
2. Ter Stegen 14
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------
Defenders:

1. Araujo 7
2. Kunde 11
3. Christensen 10
4. Garcia 6
5. Balde is less than 1.5 million euros
7. Dest 5
8. Roberto 5

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Midfield:

1. Pedri 12
2. Gavi 5
3. Kessie 13
4. Pablo under 1.5 million euros
5. Niko 4 million euros

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

Line of attack:

1. Dembele 12
2. Raphinha 12
3. Fati 12
4. Torres 11
5. Lewandowski 18
6. aubameyang 12

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Result: 183 million euros
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

PEDRI. There are no exact figures on Pedri's salary, but we know for sure that Fati receives 12 million euros dirty, hence Pedri's 12. I think they receive the same.

GAVI. Negotiations are underway now. We offer 5 million euros and I don't think Alemany will give more.

NIKO. There should be negotiations with him, but he will receive exactly less than the same Gavi - hence the figure at the level of 4 million euros.

PIERRE. Don't knhow much the Gabonese gets. I think the figure does not exceed 12 million euros, given the age of the player. Yes, Lewandowski is not younger, but here is a different status.

Not included in the table are Neto, Umtiti, Pjanic, Breit, Depay, De Jong, Pique, Alba, Busquets.

In total, they receive a maximum of 170 million.

183 + 170 = 353 (!!!)

I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE HELL IS OUR SALARY FUND IS EUR 512 MILLION? HOW IS IT POSSIBLE?!

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Haaland was never fully ours and collapsed the moment club made it clear Mbappe is priority on free and Benzema is staying till 2023 as on world class form

Benzema did more to stop the transfer than anything else

When exactly was that?

Everybody knew Mbappe was a priority for Madrid on free, and most people thought he was coming. Yet Madrid still pursued Haaland, didn't they? Or it was just media rumors and noise?

Also Benzema has been on this good form for a long while. It is not like all of sudden he turned this mode on, which deterred the likes of Haaland.

serghei

Why include depreciation in the salary fund?

Probably because transfers expenses have to be put somewhere.

But they should rename it player expenses instead of simply wages, as it is confusing otherwise.

That's how La Liga calculates it too probably.

Player expenses = transfer fee + wages + bonuses / duration of contract probably.

El Gato

Villarato!
When exactly was that?

Everybody knew Mbappe was a priority for Madrid on free, and most people thought he was coming. Yet Madrid still pursued Haaland, didn't they? Or it was just media rumors and noise?

Also Benzema has been on this good form for a long while. It is not like all of sudden he turned this mode on, which deterred the likes of Haaland.

Not really, was never flat out clear from Mbappe camp whether he's leaving or staying and everyone in RM including Barca fans arrogantly assumed he'd choose Madrid and is a lock. Never was.

Haaland transfer to RM was also always a preference because despite contact with City camp he didn't sign with them until Benzema resigned till 2023 after weeks of world class performances in knockouts leading to CL. And that he preferred Madrid is attested to by heavily reported clause that may let him leave in 2024 when Benzema no longer there

Edit
Should add Benzema not being there is not a given. Could play till he's 40 as long as health holds up like every other ageing WC striker who takes care of themselves does these days. But Haaland and agents been vocal about wanting to give him freedom of choice going forward unless he's already at favourite team. City was only one charitable to agree to that. Chelsea dropped out to go after Lukaku as didn't think could fight other teams and United dropped out essentially in late summer 2021 when Solskjaer still there because thought themselves too big to agree to release clauses. Then irrational CR deal basically blocked it completely.

Last edited:

Porque

Betis will remember him too. Making a push to become a big club of Spain, signing CVC and now having to leverage ticketing to get under the cap.

I get there needs to be a degree of prudence, but limiting growth on the league with wholesale rights sales isn't the way.

Home of Barca Fans