FC Barcelona Finances

Porque

The elite Spanish clubs have heritage pull for a certain demigraph of talent (south American). Sure.

But even that can fade with money and drop of prestige with prolonged mismanagement. Just look at how the pull dropped for teams in Serie A like Milan (especially) who also had that heritage pull for the BeNe talents.

In a way, Man UTD have felt that same drop in pull thanks to their clusterfuck of haphazard projects.

serghei

The elite Spanish clubs have heritage pull for a certain demigraph of talent (south American). Sure.

But even that can fade with money and drop of prestige with prolonged mismanagement. Just look at how the pull dropped for teams in Serie A like Milan (especially) who also had that heritage pull for the BeNe talents.

In a way, Man UTD have felt that same drop in pull thanks to their clusterfuck of haphazard projects.

Milan had major financial problems. Of course superstars won't come to play for pocket change.

That is different discussion.

Also, Milan was heavily based on a strong Italian core. And Italians as a football nation have declined a lot since early and mid 00s.

serghei

Also, not only South American. But the entire Latin area. We're talking also about Portuguese, Spanish of course. Even French.

It is a cultural connection that runs deep.

I see it even in Romania, a Latin country as well. Here they are desperate about Barca and Madrid. Like 90% of professional football players in Romania have Barca and Madrid as their idol teams.

Like Steaua played a crap version of Madrid in 2006 CL and the players made queues outside of Madrid locker-room to get the shirt of Ronaldo, Raul etc.

The pull of EPL now is the fact that is an elite league, the best one, and also, most especially, the aura of Pep and Klopp as world's best managers. But the prestige of the clubs and their history of proposing superstars... not special.

Last edited:

Tackle

Barcelona will have to activate the fourth economic lever because the club needs another 100m in order to register players [cat radio]

serghei

Activate that shit. What the hell. :lol:

Also, start testing the water for some mega-billionaire prince looking for a football club. Ask them for down payment to get on a waiting list.

After we get to 1bn tell them it's no longer valid and send them a signed shirt with the players' signatures instead. :lol:

Last edited:

malvolio

Real/Barca have pull for any player in the world. When is the last time these two lost a player to a EPL club? I mean bid submitted, same money for player, but said player refused Real/Barca offer for another team.

Porque

We should also call Unilever for shirt sleeve sponsor. Tell them that we have a lot in common. :coffee:

We should definately leverage that connection.

wear-my-hat-chai-yai.gif

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Real/Barca have pull for any player in the world. When is the last time these two lost a player to a EPL club? I mean bid submitted, same money for player, but said player refused Real/Barca offer for another team.

Haaland? Granted we don't know if City's offer was better than Madrid's, also the theory that he didn't go to Madrid only because he thought Mbappe was coming.

I am with Porque, Barca and Real can go down if not being careful. Nothing lasts forever.

malvolio

Haaland? Granted we don't know if City's offer was better than Madrid's, also the theory that he didn't go to Madrid only because he thought Mbappe was coming.

I am with Porque, Barca and Real can go down if not being careful. Nothing lasts forever.

Did Madrid bid for him? I tought the story was that they were all in for Mbappe and Haaland was persuaded to join City since Madrid didn't make a move.

Home of Barca Fans