FC Barcelona Finances

Andresito

Staff member
Sounds too good to be true tbh. We must've given up some other important stuff to get a boost short term.

Still, Nike have a lot to gain from Barca being a strong product. Don't think they'd invest like this in any other of their teams.

Porque

Depends if the break clause can be legitimately activated.

If yes, we are a huge opportunity for a brand like Puma to acquire- and they would pay a sign on fee to get it over the line.

So this Nike fee would be their counter to try and retain a top 3 merch sales club.

Still, I suspect these figures are inflated just as Laporta inflated the Spotify numbers which after agreement kept coming down and down...

Messi983

FC Barcelona is close to closing a commercial agreement that could be used as leverage. Parallel to the negotiations that the Barça entity is carrying out with Nike for the renewal of the shirt agreement and with another company for Barça Vision, as MD has learned, the Barça club is in advanced talks with an American company for the transfer of catering from Spotify Camp Nou in exchange for 30 million euros.

Messi983

Club will get 3m for our players playing in Euros.

668db2f92c65c.jpeg

vinni

Anyone know if we are back to the 1:1 rule? Do we got money to spend or do we need to sell?

Im struggeling to find news. Seems sport(english) is not updated any more and Marca write little about FCB these days.

Porque

Anyone know if we are back to the 1:1 rule? Do we got money to spend or do we need to sell?

Im struggeling to find news. Seems sport(english) is not updated any more and Marca write little about FCB these days.

It's unclear but I'm guessing finances are not peachy and awaiting Tebas to finish his shit and tell us where we stand.

But every little counts. Mallorca rejected 300k for their 18 year old striker Domenech (Guiu replacement) who had a 1m buyout clause. He has now renewed and the buyout clause has increased to 3m, and will be doing pre season with their first team.

So effectively we couldn't afford to replace a 6m sale with a 1m purchase.

And then there is Pau who we let the 3m buy option run out on last month.

khaled_a_d

FWIW, we have registered Lamine and Cubarsi as first team players, same with the full contracts of Gavi, Balde & Araujo.
I think, and please double check me, only Roque, Fermin & Inigo are remaining for registration from current squad.
Also, Torre, J.Araujo if we decide to keep them.

Messi983

FWIW, we have registered Lamine and Cubarsi as first team players, same with the full contracts of Gavi, Balde & Araujo.
I think, and please double check me, only Roque, Fermin & Inigo are remaining for registration from current squad.
Also, Torre, J.Araujo if we decide to keep them.

Inigo has an opt-out of his contract expiring today (he won't use it) so he's not registered yet. Don't think there should be problems registering Fermin who is a homegrown player nor Torre or J. Araujo if we keep them as their amortization costs are low. Vitor will be harder to register as his yearly cost is probably around 8m.

Porque

Meanwhile in England...

How have Chelsea been allowed to sign these players?

"There was the controversial sale of two hotels for £76.5m to a sister company that helped balance the last set of books, while Mason Mount's £55m transfer to Manchester United is believed to have been booked on the 2023-24 season accounts.

"They anticipate the banking of a sizeable windfall for participating in the inaugural summer Club World Cup next season

----

We need to learn how to palanca like the American burger munchers do.

Also CWC windfall? Xavi and Araujoe, have a word.

Porque

In the marketing department of FC Barcelona they are pulling their hair in the face of the business opportunity that is escaping them in the face of the wave of popularity that affects Lamine Yamal and that he cannot capitalize in the form of the sale of his player's shirts because of the problems that the Blaugrana entity has with its supplier Nike.

While Adidas, its main competitor is doing August in July with the sale of t-shirts of the Spanish national team with the name Lamine on the back, in the o
fficial stores of FC Barcelona they are still waiting for next season's shirts, which under normal conditions should be on the exhibitors since last May.

Home of Barca Fans