FC Barcelona Finances

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If they get this deal done and approved by La Liga within the next couple of days I wonder if they will try to do something crazy......like going for Leao :lol:

Unlikely and hope not tbh.

JamDav1982

If they get this deal done and approved by La Liga within the next couple of days I wonder if they will try to do something crazy......like going for Leao :lol:

Unlikely and hope not tbh.

Maybe Flick was not whispering sweet nothings into Nicos ear for just congratulations on the Euros.

Best even if can afford Nico and he says no.. hold to Jan and try again.

Maybe the allure of Bilbao and Europe has worn off and he realises even more how much he wants the move.

jamrock

In business most of these deals, include a sign on bonus of sorts, just like players get it, when mergers happen, so in so further, NFL gets it when they sign their shirt deal, etc.

I Suspect it's being specifically mentioned here because everyone knows our current situation.

Either way, TIME VALUE OF MONEY.

JamDav1982

In business most of these deals, include a sign on bonus of sorts, just like players get it, when mergers happen, so in so further, NFL gets it when they sign their shirt deal, etc.

I Suspect it's being specifically mentioned here because everyone knows our current situation.

No that is not the case.

If Barca were to ask for say 50% upfront now and rest over 10 years it would not be correct way to do business for future of the club.

There is a reason clubs dont do it.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

No it isnt at all.

Of course it is. Nike are not paying up 150m millions early, unless there is a significant incentive for them. And that incentive will be that the 150m is a smaller fee than would have been if spread over numerous years.

Do you know how much money on interest alone you can make on 150m euros? :lol:

JamDav1982

This applies to Nike also.. hence if want more up front you will get less.

Not the only reason clubs dont seek money upfront.

JamDav1982

Of course it is. Nike are not paying up 150m millions early, unless there is a significant incentive for them. And that incentive will be that the 150m is a smaller fee than would have been if spread over numerous years.

Do you know how much money on interest alone you can make on 150m euros? :lol:
Nike absolutely are paying money early and most likely paying less because of it.

Aye Nike are just daft and dont factor in 'interest' from their side.

Home of Barca Fans