FC Barcelona Finances

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Madrid had more leverage than us, when negotiating.

Everyone knows we are kinda in need of cash.

Even more reason to hope for a renegotiation clause or an exit clause, because this deal might look terrible in five or seven years time.

No doubt it is definitely needed right now though. Tough situation to be in with little leverage.

jamrock

Even more reason to hope for a renegotiation clause or an exit clause, because this deal might look terrible in five or seven years time.

No doubt it is definitely needed right now though. Tough situation to be in with little leverage.

Yea I'm hoping for 7, but in all likelihood it will be 10, that seems to be the standard based off Man Utd and Madrid.

I think it will be a deal around the billion euro mark, including the cash we get up front and any performance bonus.

The only option to get an eye watering deal would have been puma, but the club doesn't want to wait 3-4 years for that, so kinda between a rock and hard place.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
We've been chasing our own tail economically ever since Barto, Covid and Messi's last season and saga. When will this end?

jamrock

Now we won't present the framework of the Nike deal to la Liga. Lol

It was always BS, these guys just make things up constantly, imagine nike and the club saying hey let's hurry this along, so we can get it in before Friday.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Now we won't present the framework of the Nike deal to la Liga. Lol

It was always BS, these guys just make things up constantly, imagine nike and the club saying hey let's hurry this along, so we can get it in before Friday.

True.
Nike also sits with all the leverage. From their own perspective why would they hurry?

jamrock

True.
Nike also sits with all the leverage. From their own perspective why would they hurry?
Exactly, in away it's to there benefit for Barcelona to have the best team possible.

But negotiations at this level doesn't work like that, they are worried about 7 years, not one window.

JamDav1982

Most likely fed shite from the club going by what comes directly from them.

What was Laporta alluding to being back to 1:1? Him not understanding how long the Nike deal would take?

Also the 'we will see you in court' argument went well... they have tried that too many times now and look foolish every time.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I was skeptical about the Nike deal getting complete this mercato. Things are far too complicated and on top this is Barca everything works slowly regarding us.

jamrock

List of teams that have spent the most to build their current squad.

We are 15th on the list, inter the only top team below us I think.

That includes mats and de jong.

The only team to have more success than us, in the past 3 years,(that's when we really started to spend a bit) not including this one is.

Man city
Madrid
Inter

Could be wrong, but that's probably it, not including PSG and Bayern, who are shoe ins to win their League.

Probably a view caveats missing from the list, and they should add 180m to Madrid for Mbappe.

Last edited:

jamrock

The loud and wrong crowd are silent on this one.

If it made for worst reading, they would be the first to post it,

I can hear it now.

"We have spent the 3rd most in our current squad to win what" 😂

Just goes to show, because someone said something loudly and repeatedly does make it right, facts have a way of slapping us In the face.

Loki

The loud and wrong crowd are silent on this one.

If it made for worst reading, they would be the first to post it,

I can hear it now.

"We have spent the 3rd most in our current squad to win what" 😂

Just goes to show, because someone said something loudly and repeatedly does make it right, facts have a way of slapping us In the face.
It's always like that. The masses are only loud to criticize, because they take the good things for granted.
Laporta and his board did many good things. He saved the club from bankruptcy, nearly halved the Masa Salarial, started the Nou Camp Nou project that was in planning for 14 years! and with all the LaLiga rules, he still managed to keep a competitive squad that won LaLiga 2 seasons ago and with a bit of luck could have reached the CL final.
The real fans know these facts, the morons only appear to insult him and his board.

Home of Barca Fans