Federico Chiesa

Andresito

Staff member
It's the fact that Juve of all teams want him out that worries me. He's not being bought thanks to good performances, it's all hopes and prayers that he does well.

Comparing him to Ferran is a low bar. Ferran isn't going to be a starter so being better than him means little, unless we sell Ferran and Chiesa takes his role as a pure backup.

10+5m would be an alright gamble I guess, he's free in a year anyway. He'll probably end up being loaned out to Roma in 2026 with an obligation to buy for 5m.

Loki

Does that contradict what I wrote or what?
Your full sentence gave the impression he shouldn't be compared to Ferran because Ferran isn't a starter, unless Chiesa takes his role and I underlined that it's very likely Chiesa is planned for Ferran's backup role, because I don't see how he could bench Rapha.

But Chiesa wouldn't be a pure backup most likely, because his profile is more similar to Felix than to Rapha/Ferran. He is more technical gifted and can win 1v1 against deep defensive lines, which gives Flick options to start him before Rapha in games this profile is more needed. All will depend on how well he will assimilate here of course and first of all, he needs to sign of course.

TheStig

Why don't more teams want him if Juve is selling him for peanuts and he's willing to play for a small wage? Why Juve doesn't want a great Italian winger who just enters his prime?

Those questions answer everything.

Loki

Why don't more teams want him if Juve is selling him for peanuts and he's willing to play for a small wage? Why Juve doesn't want a great Italian winger who just enters his prime?

I think no one is under the illusion he's a great player that will help us win trophies. But we still need a bridge to Nico or another LW next season, because Ferran is terrible and Fati is more in the hospital than on the field. And that bridge should be cheap enough for LaLiga allowing to register him and at the same time not being completely useless.
I'm excited to see the list of players that suit this description.

Porque

Motta wants more new players like Nico Gonzalez of Fiorentina and a team in his image.

TheStig

Ferran is terrible and Fati is more in the hospital than on the field
The irony that an alternative to this is Chiesa...

I would be ok with this if it would be a straight loan for a year on a reasonable salary but we're not talking about a loan. We'll give him a 4-5 year deal with a big salary which is bigger every season and in the summer 2025 we'll try to force him out of the club.

Loki

We'll give him a 4-5 year deal with a big salary which is bigger every season and in the summer 2025 we'll try to force him out of the club.
How about we wait for the transfer even to happen first and then official numbers before we start nagging again. Sometimes it feels like people use Barca as an outlet to relieve frustration. If nothing is there, let's pretend something will happen so we can continue to nag.

Home of Barca Fans