Federico Chiesa

Joan

The main issue with our free agents and their inflated contracts is that they didn’t meet the expectations. Had they provided what we had hoped for, their salaries would’ve been apt considering the bonuses. More or less.

Looking at Gundogan, came here and provided value. Even if overpriced, you don’t see people crying about it. Acted like a gent and left when asked to.

Players like Ferran, Fati, Lenglet after the increase are the ones that make no sense at all. If the public numbers are even close to accurate.

Messi983

Liked Chiesa years ago at Fiorentina but after all injuries would just be too risky. Also knowing history of Italians at Barca, they just don't do well here. If we'll sign him there are big chances we'll be looking to offload in 10-11 months and only offers we'll get will be loans from Serie A teams with Barca covering at least half of his wages.

NEVER buy players who have a good pedigree in Serie A with hope you can sell them back there if things go wrong. Juve, Inter, Milan&co. are cheap ass clubs. We should know this by now with our previous experiences dealing with them.

IF you can get a player with a good history from PL then at least you can hope to sell him to another PL club if he doesn't make it here though we're even letting these players go for free now, lol. But same won't happen with Italian players and clubs.

Is it really worth to invest 20m+ (let's say 13m fee and 9m wages but will probably be more) for Chiesa in a season when we won't win anything. I just don't see him being a difference maker between winning nothing and something (and tbf I don't see any player we can realistically sign to be that kind of difference maker so that's not a knock on Chiesa) this season and not being a long term answer at LW either. Would prefer to just keep Ansu. He would count around the same against salary cap but is already registered so don't need to worry about that. And they both have injury history and are likely to miss games.

Here they are compared in last two seasons.

Chiesa (Serie A): 54 games, 11 goals, 8 assists, 3.050 minutes (goal contribution every 160 minutes)

Ansu (La Liga+EPL): 55 games, 9 goals, 4 assists,1.893 minutes (goal contribution every 145 minutes)

Keep in mind that Fati was basically a healthy scratch for most of second half of last season and I'm sure he would provide more goals if he'd play as he was actually playing well when given a chance.

Porque

We can't sell Christensen though.

Milan and Inter spend good money in the market though.

Problem is more our ability to sell, and thanks to us giving red panty contracts out, more than anything.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Liked Chiesa years ago at Fiorentina but after all injuries would just be too risky. Also knowing history of Italians at Barca, they just don't do well here. If we'll sign him there are big chances we'll be looking to offload in 10-11 months and only offers we'll get will be loans from Serie A teams with Barca covering at least half of his wages.

NEVER buy players who have a good pedigree in Serie A with hope you can sell them back there if things go wrong. Juve, Inter, Milan&co. are cheap ass clubs. We should know this by now with our previous experiences dealing with them.

IF you can get a player with a good history from PL then at least you can hope to sell him to another PL club if he doesn't make it here though we're even letting these players go for free now, lol. But same won't happen with Italian players and clubs.

Is it really worth to invest 20m+ (let's say 13m fee and 9m wages but will probably be more) for Chiesa in a season when we won't win anything. I just don't see him being a difference maker between winning nothing and something (and tbf I don't see any player we can realistically sign to be that kind of difference maker so that's not a knock on Chiesa) this season and not being a long term answer at LW either. Would prefer to just keep Ansu. He would count around the same against salary cap but is already registered so don't need to worry about that. And they both have injury history and are likely to miss games.

Here they are compared in last two seasons.

Chiesa (Serie A): 54 games, 11 goals, 8 assists, 3.050 minutes (goal contribution every 160 minutes)

Ansu (La Liga+EPL): 55 games, 9 goals, 4 assists,1.893 minutes (goal contribution every 145 minutes)

Keep in mind that Fati was basically a healthy scratch for most of second half of last season and I'm sure he would provide more goals if he'd play as he was actually playing well when given a chance.
Meh... Overall I agree about buying from Serie A, but Chiesa has done well in top clubs and in international football. Also, why would we only want to sell him back (if he comes etc) to Italy? We could as well sell him to LL or Premiere League if he plays alright and we still want Nico, no? Sure he only played in Italy so far, but if he comes to Barca he might want to continue away from Italy if he revives his career. Also, last Italians I remember playing for us were Zambrotta, Motta and Coco - only Coco was meh, rest were just fine. If we get Chiesa for under 15, let's go - I always liked him and he seems like a hard-worker who loves playing football - if we can get 90% out of him from when he was peak we got ourselves a very good player who will fit right in on LW. Sure Nico would be great, but it seemed he also didn't want to leave. So yeah, get Chiesa and push Ferran out...

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Why are we not looking for a loan?
Didn't see a single report that we are demanding that.
He's on his last year of contract, Juve want to squeeze out a couple € - but that's also one of the reason he would come for cheap'ish...

Nucky

This guy can't play for Juventus who are even worse than Barcelona, but he's good enough for Barcelona? Ferran Torres 2.0 italian version..

Home of Barca Fans