Federico Chiesa

Co0ter

The only positive would be that it forces out Torres, but knowing him he'd just stay again and say "I want to fight for my place" for the 3rd year in a row.

Catta

We can't even register Olmo yet, why the fuck are we looking at other players, before we fix the first problem.

No wonder Nico rejected us, he knew that we can't guarantee him registration without issues.

TheStig

Wouldn't surprise me if they sign Chiesa before they register Olmo and end up without registrating both, that's actually expected with these clowns.

A normal club would never bought Olmo before they knew they can register him, we would bought Olmo and Nico if Nico wasn't smart enough to say no to this mess.

Birdy

The first three examples + Garcia are free agents.

All football clubs have a practice where a free agent receives some kind of bonus. This bonus comes either as a signing bonus or as part of your salary.

For example, Alaba now receives 22 million euros in Real Madrid. Obviously, this salary is much higher than the market one, but 25% of this salary is the same bonus for loyalty.

Memphis, Kessie, Christesen, Garcia, Inigo - they all came as free agents.

---------------------------------

As for Raphinha. You are making an incorrect comparison. Yes, in Leeds he received 4 million, but how much were the teams (Arsenal, Chealsea, Bayern, etc.... we are not talking about competitors like al-Hilal, al-Nasr, etc.) that competed with us for his transfer willing to pay him?

Let's take Olise for example. If we take the status of Raphinha two years ago and now the status of Olise, they are approximately equal.

Olise received 2.8 million euros before the 2023-2024 season at Crystal Palace, in the 2023-2024 season his salary increased to 6 million euros, he moved to Bayern and now his salary is more than Raphinha’s in Barcelona. Olise's salary is 13.5 million euros.

Kounde - again your comparisons are absurd. We have to look at how much were the teams that competed with us for his transfer willing to pay him?

For example, Arsenal pays Saliba 5.5 million euros net.

We pay Kunde 6.6 million euros net.
The difference is only 1 million euros.

Eric Garcia - you are again making a fuss, talking about 400% to cause confusion among people.

750k are the numbers from Eric's first contract with Man City. At the time of signing this contract, he was a player for the Man City U18 - U23 teams.

Man City were ready to offer him a new contract. But he refused to renew it. Obviously they would have given him 10 million gross, but it would have been 3-4 million. We gave 6 million euros. That is x2. But again, he transferred for free and part of his salary of 6 million euros is a loyalty bonus.

Could not care less if that's the culture of 'free agents' these days.
Barca is big enough brand and lure to tie down the will of the player (or at least most of them), let the lesser teams try to compete by offering signing premiums and premiums of wages

There isn't a universe where Eric Garcia at the age of 20, and with what he showed at city, deserves a contract of 6m gross from his previous 750k. Even if CIty were willing to give him 3-4m (I doubt it), we shouldn't be giving more than 1-2m gross

Same with your other examples.
You pick teams that notoriously overpay like Bayern to make the general rule?

Saliba got his 5.5m after a few extentions rewarding his performances.

Kounde, despite his rise, should have never gotten more than 4m gross given his previous wages.
If he had been a success, then a pay rise could be discussed (still substantially less than his current wages)

But giving these ludicrous obscence wages as 'entry wage' at Barca is beyond ridiculous and destroys us from a sporting and financial perspective together.
Everyone, then, sits on their fat contracts that are ABOVE the market, and doesn't wanna move out of nice life in Barcelona to the detriment or our squad and sporting planning.

The first action to eradicate this cancer is to STOP handing these wages.
Tight wage structure, and only whoever proves continuously he deserves more should get a pay rise

JamDav1982

What is the claim? That Saliba is on 5.5m gross or net?

Also there is a difference trying to extend a player you have under contract for a few years and trying to sign one from elsewhere with others competing.

Birdy

BTW, reliable leaks say Chiesa will have a 4m NET base with 2m NET bonuses.
That's a 8m gROSS base (sane based on his current money), rising to 12m gross if he meets requirements
Requirements I guess have to do with how much he plays.
If he doesn't achieve the bonuses, then he is indeed getting a paycut to play for Barca

M3ls

Could not care less if that's the culture of 'free agents' these days.
Barca is big enough brand and lure to tie down the will of the player (or at least most of them), let the lesser teams try to compete by offering signing premiums and premiums of wages

There isn't a universe where Eric Garcia at the age of 20, and with what he showed at city, deserves a contract of 6m gross from his previous 750k. Even if CIty were willing to give him 3-4m (I doubt it), we shouldn't be giving more than 1-2m gross

Same with your other examples.
You pick teams that notoriously overpay like Bayern to make the general rule?

Saliba got his 5.5m after a few extentions rewarding his performances.

Kounde, despite his rise, should have never gotten more than 4m gross given his previous wages.
If he had been a success, then a pay rise could be discussed (still substantially less than his current wages)

But giving these ludicrous obscence wages as 'entry wage' at Barca is beyond ridiculous and destroys us from a sporting and financial perspective together.
Everyone, then, sits on their fat contracts that are ABOVE the market, and doesn't wanna move out of nice life in Barcelona to the detriment or our squad and sporting planning.

The first action to eradicate this cancer is to STOP handing these wages.
Tight wage structure, and only whoever proves continuously he deserves more should get a pay rise

REAL MADRID is also a global brand, but Alaba’s salary also includes a loyalty bonus. Alaba earns 22 million euros a year, on average players of his level earn 12-15 million euros, so 20-25% of his salary is a loyalty bonus.

Saliba - Arteta fucking kicked him out, he was on loan, he returned in 2022, spent one season 2022-2023 and in the summer of 2023 received a contract for 5.5 million euros net.

Name a team that doesn't "overpay" (how you said). Who? The only example you can give is Liverpool.

If I listen to you, everyone overpays, because the only example you can give is Liverpool.
Bayern's wage bill was less than 55% of turnover, what are you talking about?
From a financial planning perspective, this is one of the most successful teams.

Kounde receives 6.5 million euros net.

Militao - 8 million euros net.

Rüdiger receives 8 million euros. He received a loyalty bonus separately.

Guardiol receives 6 million euros.

Heck, every team in the world, with the exception of Liverpool, has players of Kounde's caliber getting paid as much as he does.

I didn’t say that we gave too much money to Garcia, I said that your words about 400% are stupid, because as a comparison you took the contract that he signed when he came to Man City U18. Yes, it's x2, but not 400%.

M3ls

Militao. Someone will say his first contract was for 3.5 million euros net. And Kunde has 6.5 Sorry, but Kunde had 3 years of performances in the Spanish championship behind him. He came to the team as a potential starter. Many top-level European clubs wanted to buy him. Miliato had one season behind him in the European league - the Portuguese championship. He didn't come as a starter, he was a substitute for two years.

Rassvet

Could be a good signing for Barca if the injuries haven't taken too much of a toll on him. Showed under Pirlo that he's a top class talent with a proper coach.

Flick at Bayern got the best out of their wingers like Gnabry and Perisic, so wouldn't be surprising to see him do the same with Chiesa.

companyofcules

Am I missing something or are those numbers pretty unflattering?
Very poor numbers, and I love that guy. Frankly not even his driblings are so good, but if you look at expected assists he should have more but someone failed him.
Stat wise Ferran is better, but I will still take Chiesa over Ferran vs big team unless we want to park the bus.
I would use Fati, we pay a fortune for him, I don't see why we should take Chiesa too.

Porque

The figures for the Chiesa operation according to the Italian media are as follows: Barça will pay 12 million euros for the transfer of the Italian footballer and Chiesa's salary will be around 11 million euros gross , which is the amount he earned at Juventus. The agreement with the player is for the next three seasons.

Tuttosport announces that Chiesa's signing for Barcelona is complete . He will sign for three seasons and is expected to arrive in Barcelona in the middle of the week.

Last edited:

Loki

He will sign for three seasons and is expected to arrive in Barcelona in the middle of 2025 due to salary cap limitations.
Somehow I really doubt that. Chiesa's contract ends next summer anyways, why the hell should the club pay 12m if we can get him for free next season. And Chiesa isn't that kind of player you order one year in advance. Sounds like complete bullshit story.

Porque

Somehow I really doubt that. Chiesa's contract ends next summer anyways, why the hell should the club pay 12m if we can get him for free next season. And Chiesa isn't that kind of player you order one year in advance. Sounds like complete bullshit story.

It's actually midweek.

Home of Barca Fans