Fernando Torres

XaviMessiGirl

Roy Hodgson says he has done all he can to keep Fernando Torres at Liverpool, admitting the Spaniard is in dispute with the club.

Torres is a £50 million target for Premier League champions Chelsea, and is believed to be unhappy with broken promises about transfer spending by Liverpool.

Hodgson replaced Rafa Benitez as Anfield manager last month, and believes if Torres leaves the damage will have been done before he arrived.

"Unfortunately, I cannot do much more," Hodgson said. "His beef is with the club and not me.

"Fernando's situation has nothing to do with me, he made that perfectly clear over the phone during the World Cup and when I met him face-to-face.

"He knows what I would like to do with the club. He knows how much I value him.

"But his issues are with what has gone on in the past rather than the future.

"If he has problems with the club for things in the past, it is difficult for me to dismiss that."

Torres was part of Spain's victorious World Cup squad, although he failed to score in South Africa and was dropped from the team.

He has scored 72 goals in 116 games over three injury-hit seasons for Liverpool.

Something's going on...

1) Torres never lets go of that Liverpool scarf during the entire celebration after Spain won the WC, and yet he has a beef with the team
2) Hodgson tells LFC.tv that he talked to Torres and sounded positive he will remain at Liverpool, but then tells Sky Sports News that no conversations were held and only Purslow spoke to Torres, and now Eurosport makes it seem like Hodgson is worried he may leave
3) Even after Ancelotti said no bid has been made by Chelsea for Torres, the rumor that he will move there still persists

A real roller coaster... I really hope he decides to give Liverpool another chance now that Hodgson is in charge, although I think most of it is out of Hodgson's control, i.e. Hicks and Gillett ruining the transfer budget. :angry:

I still think he'll stay though, time is running out for a transfer anyway, unless there is something going on behind the scenes.

Caramel

If Torres goes to Chelsea , i will hate him forever.
It's understandable that he wants to win trophies. But NOT chelsea , pleeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaase :'(

XaviMessiGirl

I hope that if he goes, the reason he goes is NOT because of money or trophies. It's more understandable if we can just attribute it to another H+G screw-up, because if that article is to be believed, Torres has an issue with something internal related to the club.

I will never hate him for anything but it will be tough being a fan of his if he's on a team I don't like. Like I would want him to do well but at the same time I wouldn't want him to get any trophies because I could never cheer for Chelsea. At least if it was Man City or something it wouldn't be so bad since I'm neutral toward them, and as long as Liverpool aren't challenging for trophies themselves I could wish him well there in the meantime. But no, it has to be Chelsea, the only thing worse would be Man Utd (or Real Madrid, but I'm almost positive he would never go there because of his affinity for Atletico).

Caramel

Agree, actually. the Mancs are just as bad.
But just imagining him playing alongside Drogba and Terry is ... Bleeeh.
Hicks and Gillett have fucked up the club. He could wait one more season, I'm sure the club will be sold later this year and there will be investments.
But the thing is the lad has always expressed his love for the club and everything , but what the fuck has he been talking about for TWO days with Purslow on the phone ?

XaviMessiGirl

I can't see him gelling well with Drogba at all. Drogba is not the type of person to move over for someone else. And Terry is a terrible replacement for Gerrard.

In my avatar he is wearing a Liverpool scarf posing with the WC trophy ffs! And the entire time on the pitch after the final, on the bus, on the stage during the celebrations, he never took it off. If he had issue with the club why did he do that? To fuck with us? I really think there's something going on that we don't know... something that will end up with him staying and all this drama for nothing :p

I really hope someone buys the club this year too, I think after that and after the budget gets sorted out, Liverpool can start climbing back up. Getting Cole is a start, and if Torres stays and is fit for the majority of the season I can see them getting 6th or 7th again but to challenge for top 4, a lot more needs to be done.

Barcafan 2304

I made a bit of a rash prediction earlier in saying that he wont play for another EPL club. If we dont go for him, and i dont think we will, his options are somewhat limited.

JAMAIN

Wenger should be smart and sell Cesc whilst the going is good and buy Torres for Arsenal. He could do Herny in the early 2000's type things playing in his system. However, Wenger is an idiot...

I won't be suprised if Torres ends up at Man United. Fergie will see the value, has the money and most importantly the balls to act!

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Wenger should be smart and sell Cesc whilst the going is good and buy Torres for Arsenal. He could do Herny in the early 2000's type things playing in that system.

the bold words do not belong togethe

wenger is so obessed with cesc he has forgotten about other key issues

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Wenger should be smart and sell Cesc whilst the going is good and buy Torres for Arsenal. He could do Herny in the early 2000's type things playing in that system.

like he hasn't got enough to worry about with an injury-prone striker already on board!!

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
man torres should go to AC milan forreal he would look good in that kit, and he could bring them back from the zombie state (yes yes ik they dont have the money) well bloody sell someone

JAMAIN

the bold words do not belong togethe

wenger is so obessed with cesc he has forgotten about other key issues

I agree mate, the problem is Wenger's whole rebuilding project since they sold Viera and Henry (gone trophy-less since) is still validated by Cesc's presence. If they sell him, it's like admitting failure and going back to square one. As long as Cesc is at Arsenal they will finish in the top four and Wenger will always be precieved to be one or two players away from winning the title. Finding Cesc, building him up gives Gunners fans hope and thats enough for now because since they moved out of Highbury Arsenal have been broke!

man torres should go to AC milan forreal he would look good in that kit, and he could bring them back from the zombie state (yes yes ik they dont have the money) well bloody sell someone

Torres would suck in Seria A. The lines are too tight and defenders to aware for him there.
EPL is perfect because he gets the space he needs. Once he goes to a Nike team and they can push him more, he will become the poster boy of the league.
If I was his agent I would be pushing hard for Arsenal or Man United. Liverpool is a dead dog this year.

Trequartista

The good
He will stay at Liverpool,Chelsea dont want to spend big money on transfers,A Partnership of Drogba and Torres would be the worst across Europe and Anchelotti knows that,Man UTD would be gerat for him but I don think they will affaord him,I agree that he would suck at Serie A,I dont want to see hi at City,The best for him is to stay at Liverpool.

Home of Barca Fans