Fernando Torres

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Sport says that we have informed Pool that we are interested if they want to sell, But that is just Sport. I mean how serious can that be?

Well, Graham Hunter was on TalkSport a couple of months ago and he said that Torres and his agent had met Rosell in Barcelona to discuss whether a move would be possible. He said that we may bid for Torres next summer depending on what happens at Liverpool this summer. Call it tapping up if you want it happens in football these days.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I find it very hard to believe that we'd want to sign torres.

but then, I guess, a world-class striker off the bench is prettypretty good. and I doubt he'd even get that bummed about not playing a lot as he's injured all the bloody time anyway. :lol:

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Yeah, I can see him heading over to Inter aswell for some odd reason, probably because Rafa is now there. They are one of the few clubs who would be able to afford him anyway.

M

Miss Kris

Aww, nice! Hopefully just the beginning of more good things for Liverpool this season.

Rohit

Midfield sit too deep gerrard goes on walk abouts and results him isolated :(. Need to go to a 4-3-3 system so hell constantly have support when stevie goes on walkabouts. On plus side he seems to be gettin back a little closer just if only that first chance was converted.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
i would take him on barca but if only for max 30 mill...but we have other holes on the team that we should fill b4 using our limited money on another striker.

I agree with yusuf.

IMO the best way to complement our attacking trident, and especially Villa would be to play with a CF in the middle who would act as a Pivot and give free reign to Messi & Villa. The only two players whom I can see fulfilling this function are Eto & Torres. Eto is out of the question which is a shame, but Torres if available would fit in perfectly (providing he's not languishing on a stretcher)…

I think we will have to worry about getting a decent CB, LB, & CM next season. But at the some time we may have the required replacements for 2 of these positions already in our squad (Muniesa & Alcantara). So even if the money is tight I think we can make do if we only go for a CF & a LB next year.

Home of Barca Fans