Fernando Torres

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I agree entirely with your sentiment Lindsay.

Even if he stays it will never be the same again between us.

Yeah I'm kind of shocked he's asked to leave right now. Liverpool seem to be getting back on track, the window ends in 3 days and they've just made a very exciting signing which shows the owners are ready to invest. Odd. Hope he stays because Drogba/Torres will just destroy every defence they're up against.

Think of poor Nicola :(

V

Valon

Why 'Figo'. Liverpool and Chelsea are nothing like FCB and Real. And it's no wonder he wants to leave Liverpool ain't going nowhere atm plus money talks nowadays and he's not a Liverpool boy it's rare to find 'loyal' players nowadays.

Btw XMG if they buy David Luiz as well dw we can both be Chelsea fans :lol:

XaviMessiGirl

Yeah I'm kind of shocked he's asked to leave right now. Liverpool seem to be getting back on track, the window ends in 3 days and they've just made a very exciting signing which shows the owners are ready to invest. Odd. Hope he stays because Drogba/Torres will just destroy every defence they're up against.

I feel like Liverpool just got fucked over majorly, because even though we'll get a ton of money, realistically who are we going to sign with 3 days left to go? We'll have a basically lone Suarez for the rest of the season (I don't trust Sturridge to step up and be competent) and things won't be any different than when it was lone Torres.

W

woobie

I just ran through a mental checklist of the non-EPL clubs that could realistically bid for Torres. It's a pretty small list: Bayern, Barca, Madrid, Inter, Juve, Milan.

Bayern? Don't think they really need another striker and am not at all sure Torres would fit there.
Barca? The midget attack is doing wonders this year, why try to mess with it.
Madrid? Sure, they need a striker but I doubt Torres would go there.
Inter? A possibility, I suppose, but they did just buy Pazzini off of Samp.
Milan? Too many strikers right now as it is.
Juve? Need a striker, theirs suck. But would Torres really want to go to to lovely Turin?

Bergkamp10

I feel like Liverpool just got fucked over majorly, because even though we'll get a ton of money, realistically who are we going to sign with 3 days left to go? We'll have a basically lone Suarez for the rest of the season (I don't trust Sturridge to step up and be competent) and things won't be any different than when it was lone Torres.

The timing of it is very bad. Liverpool should probably just make Torres stay until the summer because as you said, who will you realistically get? I'm very surprised because since Kenny took over, he's looked a lot more interested and happy. But I guess he feels Chelsea have a better chance of success in the future than Liverpool. Just a shame he wants to walk out on Liverpool for a club the fans hate.

Sturridge not in the squad for Chelsea's game today...In Liverpool sorting out a transfer perhaps?

iookram

I think Chelsea are gonna let Sturridge join Liverpool on loan, to soften Liverpool up in order to buy Torres in the summer. Even if Chelsea don't manage to buy Torres, Sturridge will still get vital experience through the loan deal.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
A deal will be done today. We have players lined up.

I think Chelsea are gonna let Sturridge join Liverpool on loan, to soften Liverpool up in order to buy Torres in the summer. Even if Chelsea don't manage to buy Torres, Sturridge will still get vital experience through the loan deal.

It will not be a loan deal.

Home of Barca Fans