Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raketa10

When you account in that one is a quiet worker and has followed and admired Barca for years and the other managed to fall out with his NT coach and his club in the last 2 years... Adding to that his greedy mother who will demand 10-20 million in signing bonuses for herself... +Around 30 for the player... Yeah, it's more than close

No it's not. And a quiet worker doesn't demand 8 mil per year at 21 years of age, don't be naive.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Can we at least sign Ndombele or Aouar now and a great CB instead of this 18 year dude that's played 10 professional games in his career?

Riordon

There is nothing we can do at this point. The club has tried everything to get him but we can’t complete with state-backed clubs.

Something needs to be done against PSG, this can’t go on.

Respect to Segura and Abidal for finding cheaper alternatives.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The sour grape in me says it is better the Dutch boys go to PSG than end up at our main competitors such as Real Madrid, Bayern, city and Juventus etc.

Raketa10

There is nothing we can do at this point. The club has tried everything to get him but we can’t complete with state-backed clubs.

Most resonable post today.

FCBfan22

No it's not. And a quiet worker doesn't demand 8 mil per year at 21 years of age don't be naive.

Yeah... And we can sign a player who can demand a 10 million per year and a guaranteed starting spot while being a constant threat of falling out with the manager.

Rabiot transfer will still cost us 30-40 million in signing bonuses.

Anyways, we need to go for Ndombele and Aouar now, before it's too late.

DonAK

The club have done absolutely nothing to get him. Every reasonable evidence from a source close to Ajax points to them not even making an offer to either player or Ajax.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Tried everything? Like what? Lowballing? Not submitting any offers and direct Catalan jokes such as MD and Sporrt to tell the fans that they were close?

Cheaper alternatives? Like Rabiot? There are even cheaper and worse players that this glorious board and Abidal can sign. I am sure we will be an EL title contender.

Sorin

Most resonable post today.

Well aren't you the holder of the highest truth.

Numerous credible reports saying we haven't even made a move for him and yet we have done everything and can't do anything more. That's the most reasonable post in your opinion? :rolleyes:

Raketa10

Some of you forgot that we already tried to sign De Jong last summer. We also spent a huge amount of money on Coutinho and Dembele. We can't keep spending like crazy forever. Sorry to be a pary braker but Rabiot for free or De Jong for 75 mil with similar salaries is no brainer at all. To be fair I would like to have both of them and De Ligt but paying 150 mil for 19y old De Ligt and 21 old De Jong is probably impossible for us at the moment.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

The club have done absolutely nothing to get him. Every reasonable evidence from a source close to Ajax points to them not even making an offer to either player or Ajax.

Exactly. MD always says "Oh we are planning to offer so and so soon..." and it never happens. Meanwhile other clubs wrap up transfers with our targets and we are fucked.

FCBfan22

Some of you forgot that we already tried to sign De Jong last summer. We also spent a huge amount of money on Coutinho and Dembele. We can't keep spending like crazy forever. Sorry to be a pary braker but Rabiot for free or De Jong for 75 mil with similar salaries is no brainer at all.

Yeah with a joke fee of 25 million. If we offered 40-50, De Jong would've been here already.

We are pathetic at doing business.

Sorin

Some of you forgot that we already tried to sign De Jong last summer. We also spent a huge amount of money on Coutinho and Dembele. We can't keep spending like crazy forever. Sorry to be a pary braker but Rabiot for free or De Jong for 75 mil with similar salaries is no brainer at all.

For 25 fucking million. That's not trying, that's spitting on Ajax. Are you for real?

Devils

I wouldn't pay that much for him either.

The club needs to sign a striker, left-back and a center back over another midfield signing.

If it comes to breaking the bank for this kid or using our resources more wisely so we can address the other areas in need, give me the later any day.

DonAK

I wouldn't pay that much for him either.

The club needs to sign a striker, left-back and a center back over another midfield signing.

My man, LB is not a priority for us it seems and we're going to sign a no-name kid no one knew about until last week that's played 10 professional football matches in his career. We need a borderline starter at CB or at least someone that can push to become one from his first season.

Not another Yerry Mina.

You know as well as I that Barca are going to blow their money on rubbish anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans