Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raketa10

For 25 fucking million. That's not trying, that's spitting on Ajax. Are you for real?

And why should we offered more than that last summer??? He was practically nobody until this season. How much would you offer for a guy who had zero NT appearances at the time and has played ONE season in a Dutch league?

Riordon

It really doesn't matter how many offers we made. If the starting price is 75m, then it doesn't matter if bid 25, 30, 50, 60. We can't complete with state-run clubs.

I'm probably the biggest Frenkie fan on here but I won't blame the board for this. I blame UEFA and FIFA for not following the rules and sanction PSG.

Raketa10

I am also a big fan of FDJ but I wouldn't pay 75 + 8 mil per year for him right now. If we need to match an offer from PSG than I wouldn't bother. If he is willing to come for less than we should try to talk with him and Ajax.

Sorin

My man, LB is not a priority for us it seems and we're going to sign a no-name kid no one knew about until last week that's played 10 professional football matches in his career. We need a borderline starter at CB or at least someone that can push to become one from his first season.

Not another Yerry Mina.

Hey man, don't forget the business side of things. Who cares about building a great side for the future when you can sell a player for a profit in case it doesn't work? Fuck out of here with that winning trophies non-sense. It's all about doing great deals so we can resell. That's where the prestige is.

Raketa10

Hey man, don't forget the business side of things. Who cares about building a great side for the future when you can sell a player for a profit in case it doesn't work? Fuck out of here with that winning trophies non-sense. It's all about doing great deals so we can resell. That's where the prestige is.

Yeah because we didn't win anything for years. :lol:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pep's quote while ironic about van Dijk was actually good. He cost a lot of money, but he was worth it, every penny so that was a great deal. If you cheapen out to sign a player for 20m less and he turns out to be average then that's a shit deal.

That's basically Barca the last few years. Spent more money than every club except for Man City. We play boring football. We have an aging core where almost all of our important players are 30+.

Yet people want to be cheap and sign half measures again :shrug: and defend Valverde like he's the best Barca can get.

I guess we'll be in the market for a CB and a midfielder again in two years.

Raketa10

Why are you all so sure we gave up on him? I am sure will send an offer you'll see. This is not a sprint but a marathon and I am stil confident we can land him for less than rumored amount. :)

As I said before we are probably planing to sell Rakitic in the summer and if that happens both Rabiot and FDJ could be signed.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Why are you all so sure we gave up on him? I am sure will send an offer you'll see. :)

We can let PSG have him as long as we sign an exceptionally talented midfielder like him in the mould of Ndombele or Aouar. I'll be happy with one of de Jong, Ndombele or Aouar, although two of them thus dropping Rabiot would be amazing too.

Abidal should stop being so fucking useless and use his Lyon contacts instead of dickriding Rabiot and giving in to all of his mother's demands.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Some of you forgot that we already tried to sign De Jong last summer. We also spent a huge amount of money on Coutinho and Dembele. We can't keep spending like crazy forever. Sorry to be a pary braker but Rabiot for free or De Jong for 75 mil with similar salaries is no brainer at all. To be fair I would like to have both of them and De Ligt but paying 150 mil for 19y old De Ligt and 21 old De Jong is probably impossible for us at the moment.

What exactly did we do last summer? Trying to see if Ajax would sell him. We were told no they would not sell him then and they would sell him this summer. So what did we do? Not submitting any offer and thinking players would just blindly flock to us. If the club really rates De Jong and thinks he is one of the cornerstones of the club in the next 10 years then they should throw money to get him instead of going after Rabiot whose only positive attribute is supposedly “free”.

Dembele and coutinho money came from Neymar proceeds. Last summer we had zero net spend, if I am not mistaken. We have no reason whatsoever going cheap this summer. Unless of course we are broke. It is actually not far fetched to suspect the club has some serious financial strains.

Riordon

Pep's quote while ironic about van Dijk was actually good. He cost a lot of money, but he was worth it, every penny so that was a great deal. If you cheapen out to sign a player for 20m less and he turns out to be average then that's a shit deal.

That's basically Barca the last few years. Spent more money than every club except for Man City. We play boring football. We have an aging core where almost all of our important players are 30+.

Yet people want to be cheap and sign half measures again :shrug: and defend Valverde like he's the best Barca can get.

I guess we'll be in the market for a CB and a midfielder again in two years.

My man, nobody want to be cheap. We would love to have unlimited funds like PSG and other state-run clubs. But we dont have that. I doubt we have more than 150m for transfers. Spending 75m on De Jong would be too much. Even if we bid 75m, PSG will probably raise theirs to 100m. Nobody can stop them.

We all want the best players.

KingLeo10

if needed we should offload coutinho to secure the dutch duo's services. of course we'd be offloading coutinho at a loss but he simply doesn't work in our system. doesn't have the workrate to be an elite midfielder and doesn't have the pace and playmaking of an elite winger.

we could play like in a free roaming hybrid of those 2 but we already have a free roaming player in messi.

Raketa10

We can let PSG have him as long as we sign an exceptionally talented midfielder like him in the mould of Ndombele or Aouar. I'll be happy with one of de Jong, Ndombele or Aouar, although two of them thus dropping Rabiot would be amazing too.

Abidal should stop being so fucking useless and use his Lyon contacts instead of dickriding Rabiot and giving in to all of his mother's demands.

Come on have some patience before making such conclusions. We don't even know if Rabiot will end up in Barca.

if needed we should offload coutinho to secure the dutch duo's services. of course we'd be offloading coutinho at a loss but he simply doesn't work in our system. doesn't have the workrate to be an elite midfielder and doesn't have the pace and playmaking of an elite winger.

we could play like in a free roaming hybrid of those 2 but we already have a free roaming player in messi.

That would be the most irational thing to do in the history of club football. :D Coutinho was easily our second best player last season when he joined and I have no doubt he will excel once again very soon.

Last edited:

Sorin

And why should we offered more than that last summer??? He was practically nobody until this season. How much would you offer for a guy who had zero NT appearances at the time and has played ONE season in a Dutch league?

Because you then have to pay through the nose for the same players one year later. That's what good scouters are being paid a butt load for. To spot this kind of players on the verge of blowing off, before everyone and their mothers comes in starts throwing this kind of money for them. I mean Callum Hudson Odoi is reported to go for between 33 and 40m euros at Bayern and the guy is even more unproven. Martial went for an initial fee of 45m euros rising to 70m when he had half a year of Ligue 1 games under his belt.

I mean, 40m for De Jong last summer seems like a good deal now right? The lack of foresight is the one thing that is crippling us, not other teams throwing money around.

Anyway, like I said, I wouldn't even be bothered with this situation if we had someone like N'Dombele lined up but I'm willing to bet my house on us singing Rabiot and calling it a day while still playing Busi and Raki 60 games/year.

Riordon

Because you then have to pay through the nose for the same players one year later. That's what good scouters are being paid a butt load for. To spot this kind of players on the verge of blowing off, before everyone and their mothers comes in starts throwing this kind of money for them. I mean Callum Hudson Odoi is reported to go for between 33 and 40m euros at Bayern and the guy is even more unproven. Martial went for an initial fee of 45m euros rising to 70m when he had half a year of Ligue 1 games under his belt.

I mean, 40m for De Jong last summer seems like a good deal now right? The lack of foresight is the one thing that is crippling us, not other teams throwing money around.

Anyway, like I said, I wouldn't even be bothered with this situation if we had someone like N'Dombele lined up but I'm willing to bet my house on us singing Rabiot and calling it a day while still playing Busi and Raki 60 games/year.

Ajax rejected 50m for him last summer from another team. Ajax would never sell last summer due to CL and not having won the league 4 seasons in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans