Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

Come on have some patience before making such conclusions. We don't even know if Rabiot will end up in Barca.

That would be the most irational thing to do in the history of club football. :D Coutinho was easily our second best player last season when he joined and I have no doubt he will excel once again very soon.

Idk man, I'm falling out of favor with coutinho. He is undoubtedly world class in his abilities, but he needs too many parameters in his favor to showcase that (from what I've seen thus far). If Arthur keeps developing and FDJ can thrive in a DM role then coutinho could be kept. but with overplayed and aged rakitic and busquets? no way

FCBfan22

Because you then have to pay through the nose for the same players one year later. That's what good scouters are being paid a butt load for. To spot this kind of players on the verge of blowing off, before everyone and their mothers comes in starts throwing this kind of money for them. I mean Callum Hudson Odoi is reported to go for between 33 and 40m euros at Bayern and the guy is even more unproven. Martial went for an initial fee of 45m euros rising to 70m when he had half a year of Ligue 1 games under his belt.

I mean, 40m for De Jong last summer seems like a good deal now right? The lack of foresight is the one thing that is crippling us, not other teams throwing money around.

Anyway, like I said, I wouldn't even be bothered with this situation if we had someone like N'Dombele lined up but I'm willing to bet my house on us singing Rabiot and calling it a day while still playing Busi and Raki 60 games/year.

Exactly.

With state-backed clubs in the game, we need top notch scouting.

Meanwhile, our chief scout :braida: is still looking for Pogba in Turin.

Sorin

Yeah because we didn't win anything for years. :lol:

Can you please point to me where in the hell have I said that we haven't won anything for years? :rolleyes:

Do you not see "the future" in there? I'm not talking about this era, I'm talking about what's coming in the next years. You risk the situation where Raki and Busquets will still start matches in the next 3 years because we made "good deals" through free transfers. Way to misinterpret everything.

Last edited:

Riordon

I know it has been said a million times but we really need to act smarter (and faster in the market).

Last year we became interested in Rodri after a game he played against us, but by that time Atletico had already brought him. 20m for an elite DM.

Ceballos is fantastic too. 16m. Again by the time we became interested, it was too late.

Two quality midfielders we missed out on because we acted to late.

Our transfers strategy is not substainably in the long run.

Raketa10

I know it has been said a million times but we really need to act smarter (and faster in the market).

Last year we became interested in Rodri after a game he played against us, but by that time Atletico had already brought him. 20m for an elite DM.

Ceballos is fantastic too. 16m. Again by the time we became interested, it was too late.

Two quality midfielders we missed out on because we acted to late.

Our transfers strategy is not substainably in the long run.

I agree with that but in case of FDJ and De Ligt that was impossible. De Ligt has 19 years and FDJ couldnt be bought before. To be fair we bought Arthur on time and for a good price.

Givenchy

the Barto masterstroke here would be get Rabiot on a free, sell Rakitic to PSG to be with his pal Neymar and then buy Frankie.

what will end up happening though: PSG sign Frankie and De ligt, everyone is scratching their heads wondering how its possible with FFP. we end up with Rabiot while cules drool over Frankie 'he would of been perfect for us!' while Rabiot fans tell us 'Ligue 1 is weak lets see him do it in a more physical league'

Riordon

I agree with that but in case of FDJ and De Ligt that was impossible. De Ligt has 19 years and FDJ couldnt be bought before. To be fair we bought Arthur on time and for a good price.

Yes, I agree with FDJ and De Ligt. My point was that there are young quality midfielders out there that dont cost 75m.

Raketa10

the Barto masterstroke here would be get Rabiot on a free, sell Rakitic to PSG to be with his pal Neymar and then buy Frankie.

what will end up happening though: PSG sign Frankie and De ligt, everyone is scratching their heads wondering how its possible with FFP. we end up with Rabiot while cules drool over Frankie 'he would of been perfect for us!' while Rabiot fans tell us 'Ligue 1 is weak lets see him do it in a more physical league'

PSG won't sign both of them for sure and they don't need De Ligt at all.

Givenchy

PSG won't sign both of them for sure and they don't need De Ligt at all.

dude we said the same about Neymar and Mbappe.. and they did it. if Ajax really do pimp them out to the highest bidder its possible. also it would be a huge statement from PSG that the project isn't a quick cash pump for a CL, signing arguably the best young forward (Mbappe), arguably the best young midfielder (Frankie) and best young CB (De Ligt) shows their intent for the future

Lutece FC

yeah i don't understand the Interest of Paris for De Ligt. De Ligt isn't the best CB in the future IMO. Not impressed personally.

Maybe Marquinhos will be on the the makret next summer to make cash.

We will see. Paris doesn't have free hands on the market, FFP doesn't allow the club to do everything and they have to sell first, before doing everything.

Ndombele is a better option for Paris IMO, and De Jong a better option for Barca.

Leo_Messi

If those rumors are remotely true, Abidal is disappointing me greatly. De Jong is the perfect fit. Hyped or not. Ticks every box. It would be a great shame to miss out on him. Of course it won't be the end of the world but we have seen this story repeat itself far too many times of late. The amount of world class players that the club has missed on (despite them almost openly prostituting themselves to us) is mind-blowing. Another example (out of 100's) of the incompetence of this useless board.

It would be a massive joke if the board ends up going all in for the likes of Rabiot and fucking Tobido of all people and nobody else. Is that their version of "rejuvenation" of the core of the team? Fuck me, man.

khaled_a_d

The club have done absolutely nothing to get him. Every reasonable evidence from a source close to Ajax points to them not even making an offer to either player or Ajax.

And we should trust them for some reason? We have made offers past summer, right now we don't really need to make an offer if we know it is way below what PSG is offering.
You are overreacting here

My man, LB is not a priority for us it seems

So now Catalan media are reliable?

we're going to sign a no-name kid no one knew about until last week that's played 10 professional football matches in his career.

A no name kid who has as many clubs trying to sign him as FDJ. And there is no evidence he is the only one we are trying to get

It really doesn't matter how many offers we made. If the starting price is 75m, then it doesn't matter if bid 25, 30, 50, 60. We can't complete with state-run clubs.

QFTT

I mean, 40m for De Jong last summer seems like a good deal now right?

No, not to Ajax. And that is the reason they were never selling him last summer.
People act like Ajax management are fools or something, they know what you know about the market and a lot more. They are financially stable and can afford a little risk of refusing decent offers for hope of huge offers in the future.
They are tough negotiators, and have not won anything for 4 years which is a disaster.
Why would Overmars accept an offer of 40M that will look bad in a year and would decrease his chances on winning league? Do you think he wants to get fired or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans