Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kul_z

Because we need the cash and he's talented and still has a market, we can get good money for him from man utd or Chelsea.

Just good business, his performances since he's been at the club, hasn't merited us looking over the business case for selling him, imo.
Kounde, raphinha, balde should do the trick. Fdj needs to stay if we want to build something serious in a year or two, but not with xavi at helm thats for sure.

JamDav1982

The rest can sell and improve team as they have been nowhere near good enough.

With FDJ are selling best player and one that dont have profile of in midfield to replace.

The reality is Gundo, Pedri and Gavi are all more similar in where play than FDJ but club would never sell certain players in way likes of Real would.

Rodri is best mid in world... Rodri in there today doesn stop those goals either... he isnt even stopping goals going in at a far better City team at moment as defence looks shaky.

jamrock

Okay maybe not as good as Rodri but still class and the best mid in this Barca squad?
Yea I'll give you class.

I've always said he's a good player, I just expect Greatness from him and he hasn't delivered.

Yea this season he's been our best Midfielder.

JamDav1982

He has delivered more than anyone in the squad when playing this season and was best player last season also bar maybe MATS.

It would do nothing but make team worse and be left with mids who all want to be in that AM role.

He would be by far the biggest hole in midfield to lose compared to other three.

Dammie10

Yea I'll give you class.

I've always said he's a good player, I just expect Greatness from him and he hasn't delivered.

Yea this season he's been our best Midfielder.
You’re right. He develops slowly and has to become better in many aspects. In other matches this season i finally see him giving more long balls instead of that always short between the line passes. That’s a plus and development.

What i still dont like about him is his tempo on the ball. It goes so slow and then the defense can regroup again. His sense to smell danger and feel the rhythm of the attack is still weak on toplevel. Compare that with the Real midfielders. They always give the right ball and more important on the right time in order to create danger. Frenkie takes too many touches and just like to play position game without a goal. Even when they were 2-0 down he didn’t felt the urge to raise the tempo. I can’t count the times he played sideways to Gundogan instead of doing something to create. That’s irritating to see. Some say he don’t make mistakes but that’s easy when you play safe balls. Let’s hope he can make that change because his press resistance is toplevel

JamDav1982

There is a big difference getting ball in midfield with Vini and Rodrygo looking to get in behind a ludicrously high line with defence width of pitch apart.

FDJ and Gundo looked to move the ball forward when could but issue was it was a front line of Lewa, Roberto and Ferran v a deeper and narrower Real defence.

Gundo probably has more assist from balls forward this season than any Real mid couldnt find those passes either. Think he found Ferran once and that was a struggle and wide.

Barca have a front line built on old Lewa and had fucking Sergi Roberto on the left...Barca lack pace up top big time.

JamDav1982

Frenkie averages more 'through balls' than any other Barca or Real midfielder this season.

Frenkie is second only to Kroos on progressive passing distances this season.

Frenkie carries the ball forward more than any Barca or Real midfielder this season.

To make out he dallies on ball without looking to move it forward is not reality.

He is the most progressive midfielder in the league so far this season. It would be impossible to have those carrying, progressive passes and through ball stats if he sat on ball too long and let game close up.

Tonight I think it just wasnt there for Gundo or Frenkie at all really and thats what get when have Roberto, Lewa and Ferran as front line against organised defence.

They were both moving ball between lines quickly but likes of Pedri/Roberto took it and turned into trouble time and again and all looks like going nowhere.

Dammie10

There is a big difference getting ball in midfield with Vini and Rodrygo looking to get in behind a ludicrously high line with defence width of pitch apart.

FDJ and Gundo looked to move the ball forward when could but issue was it was a front line of Lewa, Roberto and Ferran v a deeper and narrower Real defence.

Gundo probably has more assist from balls forward this season than any Real mid couldnt find those passes either. Think he found Ferran once and that was a struggle and wide.

Barca have a front line built on old Lewa and had fucking Sergi Roberto on the left...Barca lack pace up top big time.
I’m talking about something he does in general. Years after years so also with fast attackers like Dembele or at the national team and even at Ajax. The play goes fast and other teammates are already running forward, then the ball comes to him and he like to step over the ball first or try to turn instead of feeding this running teammates on the right time. He like the team to play his tempo instead or going with the team tempo. Sometimes this is good when everybody hurries to much but it also has a sight effect when you kill the flowing attack. That difference is something you have to feel as a topmidfielder. Modric or Xavi knew exactly when you play slow or raise the tempo

JamDav1982

I’m talking about something he does in general. Years after years so also with fast attackers like Dembele or at the national team and even at Ajax. The play goes fast and other teammates are already running forward, then the ball comes to him and he like to step over the ball first or try to turn instead of feeding this running teammates on the right time. He like the team to play his tempo instead or going with the team tempo. Sometimes this is good when everybody hurries to much but it also has a sight effect when you kill the flowing attack. That difference is something you have to feel as a topmidfielder. Modric or Xavi knew exactly when you play slow or raise the tempo

I just posted that he has the most throughballs of any Barca or Real player in league this season... has second most progressive yds by passing and most progressive carries.

It would be almost impossible to do that if always waited for game to close up.

The difference in options for the two midfields tonight was night and day.

What your claiming is not based on the facts.. FDJ has had some unreal passes forward this season when it is on. More than anyone else in league and he has done them in CL also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans