Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Givenchy

So essentially what you are saying is that we have no money left whatsoever to compete with any of the elite clubs and we'd better settle with our fate of signing second and third tier players from now on? OK, perhaps we will soon have to face the new reality that we are EL bound. And when Messi leaves the whole thing will collapse.

i doubt it. every summer we hear the same thing 'Barca cant afford x player they don't have the money' which target did we miss out on due to money alone?

if anything were more at risk of Barto spunking the load on a big name player like Pogba whilst ignoring positions in need

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
i doubt it. every summer we hear the same thing 'Barca cant afford x player they don't have the money' which target did we miss out on due to money alone?

if anything were more at risk of Barto spunking the load on a big name player like Pogba whilst ignoring positions in need

Well, De Jong and De Ligt will soon set the precedent and start the streak, I guess.

FCBfan22

I want FDJ but we can’t get in a bidding war over him. If PSG offer stupid money then it’s onto the next one.

We can't win a bidding war, but if he decides to come here, there will be no more bidding war. So, unless he is a cunt, who is saying one thing and doing another, this indicates that we haven't even made an offer for him.

Pathetic.

FCBfan22

[tw]1081156666962444289[/tw]

Says De Jong is practically in agreement with PSG for a move this summer

How can P$G afford all those players is beyond me. 250 for Divemar, 180+bonuses+loan fee for Mbappe, 150+bonuses for De Jong and De Ligt, X for Moussa Dembele... With practically 0 sales.

This is laughable.

Sorin

Like we can't get rid of some declining players and put those money towards his transfer. But no, we'll keep thinking Rakitic is the cat's tits and we'll have a 50 year old Rakitic still playing 50 games/year in the future.

Andresito

Staff member
How can P$G afford all those players is beyond me. 250 for Divemar, 180+bonuses+loan fee for Mbappe, 150+bonuses for De Jong and De Ligt, X for Moussa Dembele... With practically 0 sales.

This is laughable.

They've actually sold players worth 200M these last two seasons.

But they've spent 415M during the same period, bonuses excluded.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We can't win a bidding war, but if he decides to come here, there will be no more bidding war. So, unless he is a cunt, who is saying one thing and doing another, this indicates that we haven't even made an offer for him.

Pathetic.

I think we fans have to come to gripes with the reality that it is just business for most players today and there is so such thing as perceived preference and loyalty when money is what really matters. Everything pales in front of money.

And let's face it, regardless of what we say about PSG, they are an ascending club backed by endless money and they will only spend more money down the road snatching stars and good players to their roster, they will only get better from here. If they keep this up sooner or later they will be joining the ranks of elite clubs, if not one of the best. It is not hard for players like the Dutch boys to see that. So choosing PSG is not a bad choice career-wise either.

We can no longer expect players to come to join us as soon as we show interest in them, even those who were supposedly growing up as Barca fans. We will have to entice players with money (and we have done that, paying the highest salaries in the whole wide world of sports) to get them to come here. Sad but it is the reality.

FCBfan22

I think we fans have to come to gripes with the reality that it is just business for most players today and there is so such thing as perceived preference and loyalty when money is what really matters. Everything pales in front of money.

And let's face it, regardless of what we say about PSG, they are an ascending club backed by endless money and they will only spend more money down the road snatching stars and good players to their roster, they will only get better from here. If they keep this up sooner or later they will be joining the ranks of elite clubs, if not one of the best. It is not hard for players like the Dutch boys to see that. So choosing PSG is not a bad choice career-wise either.

We can no longer expect players to come to join us as soon as we show interest in them, even those who were supposedly growing up as Barca fans. We will have to entice players with money (and we have done that, paying the highest salaries in the whole wide world of sports) to get them to come here. Sad but it is the reality.

I think money is not the case here. It's simply the fact that we are slow as fuck. Apparently we agreed personal terms with De Jong, but haven't spoken with Overmars... P$G did both things in 2 days after New Years eve.

Jair Ventura

It really doesn't matter how many offers we made. If the starting price is 75m, then it doesn't matter if bid 25, 30, 50, 60. We can't complete with state-run clubs.

I'm probably the biggest Frenkie fan on here but I won't blame the board for this. I blame UEFA and FIFA for not following the rules and sanction PSG.

So PSG should never be allowed to sign good players because you don't like it?

Some of you need to get over yourselves.

Riordon

So PSG should never be allowed to sign good players because you don't like it?

Some of you need to get over yourselves.

Read properly. I dont care about who PSG buy as long as they follow the rules. They haven't moved according to FFP rules several times and need to be sanctioned.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think money is not the case here. It's simply the fact that we are slow as fuck. Apparently we agreed personal terms with De Jong, but haven't spoken with Overmars... P$G did both things in 2 days after New Years eve.

I seriously doubt that we had a personal deal with De Jong, only Catalan press had reported it. If we had done that De Jong probably would have asked Ajax to negotiate with us.

Sure we have been notoriously slow but I think we conceded defeat a while ago as we did not want to pay the 70m+ asking price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans