Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

My sources located within the Iberian Peninsula have confirmed to me that it is likely he will sign elsewhere and not Barca.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If we can't afford 70m+ for De Jong then forget about Ndombele, he is not going to be far off from that amount.

Hello Rabiot, hello misery.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You were doom and gloom about Vidal too mate. Maybe give it a chance to see how it plays out.

With Vidal my concerns/objections were regarding his age, physical condition (knee) and his off the field issues (drinking), I never questioned his quality and professionalism and I saw that he was a good player for Bayern.

Rabiot, albeit watching him far less (about 15 or so games) than Vidal, his quality is so bad in my opinion.

If he comes and wears our badge, I will root for him to succeed but will not be surprised at all that he doesn't.

Jair Ventura

Read properly. I dont care about who PSG buy as long as they follow the rules. They haven't moved according to FFP rules several times and need to be sanctioned.

What I read reflects you whining over PSG being able to afford a €75m transfer and an €8m salary. Neither amount is extreme or beyond the finances of rival clubs.

As for FFP? Because capital investment is not only legal, but also a fundamental component of the free market, If I were you I'd hope PSG or City never decide to focus their resources on deconstructing FFP in European courts for violating anti-trust laws.

George_Costanza

If we can't afford 70m+ for De Jong then forget about Ndombele, he is not going to be far off from that amount.

Hello Rabiot, hello misery.

Judging by earlier comments, how people thought Rabiot deal was good and how we are finally going to stick it to PSG, some went as far as insulting posters who didn't like the deal, I say we deserve players like Rabiot.

PSG are getting FDJ, and we are getting Rabiot :lol:

Sorin

City biggest deals were 75M (in Euros), that is true. But other than our deals that was done by Neymar money we are paying the same amount of range in our deals.
And I am not sure how I am defending board when I actually call them for money paid in 2017?
And City pays more than us in many deals, their spending power is a fact, same for PSG who holds the 2 record signing in history of football.

Yeah but they don't pay squad players 10m net a year. That's almost De Bruyne level wages, their best player, while Aguero earns less than that. We are ready to throw the same at a player that will not have the same impact as those 2. Not even remotely close. Wages are out of control because of that and lack of money for necessary transfers also stem from our over inflated payroll. You see how they declined to give into Sanchez' wage demands? I mean, for being the best player at Arsenal and only costing them around 30m, you could say it was reasonable but they saw beyond that and refused to make a new guy earn more than their proven stars, because it would spiral out of control real quick. That's the same action we should take with Rabiot, fuck the free transfer, his wage demands don't reflect his quality.

Meanwhile we gave Pique another contract, wage increased, Rakitic the same, Busquets too, players that contribution on the pitch doesn't reflect that. Suarez is also on over 15m net a year going by the reports and it's also too much when you see his output in the CL in the last 3 years. But I'd let it slide since he still bags them in La Liga and there's not many good strikers out there.
As you can PSG and City throwing money around is not the reason we can't match them. It's gross mismanagement of resources and personnel.

And all of that doesn't change the fact that Ajax aren't stupid, and they know the market better than you and me, and the whole hypothesis that we lost on FDJ last summer because we didn't offer 40M is simply false and has zero basis.

Have we made it clear to them and FDJ that he's a priority? Are you sure we've done everything to sign him? Forget the money for a second, do you think we have kept in touch with Ajax and FDJ agents over the season? Going by the reports we haven't even contacted Overmars since last summer.

Anyway maybe you are right regarding him but I even said that I wouldn't be that bothered by it if I knew that we have alternatives. But we don't and when I hear about shortage of money while willing to pay the likes of Rabiot 10m/year + bonuses, then it becomes infuriating. That's an outlay of 110m over the next 5 years. Meanwhile FDJ would be what? 75m + 16m/year for 5 years which amounts to 155m. Is 45m over the course of 5 years that much of a difference for a club like us? It's fucking not and if you can't see that then agree to disagree. We're over.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">Cope: Rabiot devrait signer à Barcelone. De Jong au PSG.</p>— Actualité - Barça (@ActualiteBarca) <a href="https://twitter.com/ActualiteBarca/status/1081140665738772481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rabiot to Barca, FDJ to PSG

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">Cope: Rabiot devrait signer à Barcelone. De Jong au PSG.</p>— Actualité - Barça (@ActualiteBarca) <a href="https://twitter.com/ActualiteBarca/status/1081140665738772481?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rabiot to Barca, FDJ to PSG

I thought you never trusted Spanish media?

Jair Ventura

More:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">Maxwell et Marc Overmars se sont entretenus. Échanges positifs. Tout semble ok pour la venue de De Jong au PSG. <a href="https://t.co/iXC2Ts77iJ">pic.twitter.com/iXC2Ts77iJ</a></p>— Romain Collet-Gaudin (@RomainCG75) <a href="https://twitter.com/RomainCG75/status/1080945419734208513?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 3, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The player has apparently made his choice. All that's left is to find an agreement with Ajax.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

With Vidal my concerns/objections were regarding his age, physical condition (knee) and his off the field issues (drinking), I never questioned his quality and professionalism and I saw that he was a good player for Bayern.

Rabiot, albeit watching him far less (about 15 or so games) than Vidal, his quality is so bad in my opinion.

If he comes and wears our badge, I will root for him to succeed but will not be surprised at all that he doesn't.

What do you like about Ndombele then, and if you were a president and bought Ndombele, which midfield trio would you play in the next season, and whom would you use as subs?

Let me guess Arthur-Ndombele, and who is the 3rd guy?
And on which positions will Ndo and Arthur play for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans