Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

They want him to renew but much like Araujo they are most likely offering around a third of what he likes of Lewandowski is earning. Much less than Gundo is earning and not much more than Inigo.

Those contracts are toxic for more than one reason and could well be a in issue when trying to renew any of the players with 2 years left... Araujo, Christensen, Pedri, Gavi, FDJ and Yamal etc.

They want him to renew or go.. which is the correct move but the way they handle these things at time is amateur hour.

In a years time these contracts could be celebrated as new signings....

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Apparently Manu think that 40M£ is the price for him, that is around 46-47M for him.

I think that is a fair deal, assuming they are the ones that take care of his deffered wages.

But it doesn't make so much sense unless we replace him with maybe another 2 midfielders.

He is the only player we have who is natural in playing deeply in double pivot

jamrock

With his injury record and salary assuming they working something out with his deferred salary, he leaves it behind and they give him a big sign on bonus or something like that, 50m is fair.

But I really doubt he'll leave, I don't know if it's because he lives the city, club or simply wants all his money, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't leave on a free in a couple years.

JamDav1982

He does not have a bad injury record.. bar this ankle injury they rushed him back from.

But if that was an issue he may well fail medical anyway.

JamDav1982

Well, next to a defensive pivot... not a slight against Frenkie though. It's just the root cause and he's not the solution.

He is also much better than anyone else as the deepest DM in squad.. even though not his natural position.

It is why he had to play there after that Romeu gamble backfired.

They would need to get a DM.

Then the other side of it is he is also the best DM with more freedom.. but takes up more than others on books.

Givenchy

Again, he won't join United. City or Bayern? I think he'd probably OK that move for a chance at a CL.

At Barca he gets the beautiful city where he's settled with a kid now, huge wages and he starts every game when fit.

Personally, I would sell him if we can get a DM. I'm tired of the excuses, his wages are a problem and don't think he'll ever be the player we hoped he would.

jamrock

If he leaves we should go for that Brazilian DM at Atlanta or blow the bag for Bruno.G from Newcastle.

Team would improve at least 2X.

JamDav1982

Team would be better if got a DM and played FDJ beside them but may not be possible.

Team is x3 better with FDJ with DM in double rather than Gavster.. Maybe 4x.

Kessie was better as well...Romeu was a better DM etc.

New one each season.

Guimares has a lot to like about him... not really been a sitter for Newcastle though and not been great for Brazil when watched them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans