Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Well, next to a defensive pivot... not a slight against Frenkie though. It's just the root cause and he's not the solution.

Sure, if we can get the solution.

But then if he leaves and we brought no one? a Pedri/Gavi/Gundogan combination is worse than the one with Frenkie, same if we put Christensen (who should stay at CB anyway as he is one of our best players there).

Andresito

Staff member
In that Messi season he was voted 'club man of the year' for performances and flexibility.
You keep changing the criteria for this one lol. It used to be "player of the season", now it's "performances and flexibility". I remember I already told you about this before.

The Barça Players' Award is given to the FC Barcelona 1st Team Players who display the most fair play throughout the season.
The choice is made first of all by way of a public vote, and the final decision is made by a panel of experts.

• 2023-24: Aitana Bonmatí and Lamine Yamal
  • 2022-23: Aitana Bonmatí and Marc-André Ter Stegen
  • 2021-22: Aitana Bonmatí and Pedri González
  • 2020-21: Aitana Bonmatí and Frenkie de Jong
  • 2019-20: Men and Women first teams
  • 2018-19: Alexia Putellas and Marc-André Ter Stegen
  • 2017-18: Ivan Rakitic
  • 2016-17: Sergi Roberto
  • 2015-16: Leo Messi
  • 2014-15: Javier Mascherano
  • 2013-14: Carles Puyol
  • 2012-13: Xavi Hernández
  • 2011-12: Xavi Hernández
  • 2010-11: Andrés Iniesta
  • 2009-10: Bojan Krkic

JamDav1982

No.. it is an award based on their performances and what brought to team.

The term 'fair play' is wide ranging.

If you think providing the list backs you up go for it.

As if Yamal is getting voted for that award for being such a nice guy and playing fair.. or MATS the season before was Barcas best player but gets it for the fairness of his play.

Told you this before.

Explain what 'fair play' got Yamal the award rather than his performances...Or MATS the year before..

They give it above all else for performances clearly and frame it as being a reference on and off the pitch.

Bonmati just happens to be the fairest of players in womens team.. pure coicindence this 'fair play' coincides with her being their best player each season she gets it. Pure coincidence.

'The player with the most values on and off the pitch'... it is a flowery way of Barca trying to be a bit different in how they give award.. but by far it is about performance clearly.

It is an award for player of the season now clearly and 5000 fans are not getting together to decide on who was the nicest guy or fairest player on and off the park.... but please believe that.

The biggest 'value' of any player is how they perform on pitch and that is what award relates to above all else.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member

As if Yamal is getting voted for that award for being such a nice guy and playing fair.. or MATS the season before was Barcas best player but gets it for the fairness of his play.

Told you this before.

Explain what 'fair play' got Yamal the award rather than his performances...Or MATS the year before..

They give it above all else for performances clearly and frame it as being a reference on and off the pitch.

Bonmati just happens to be the fairest of players in womens team.. pure coicindence this 'fair play' coincides with her being their best player each season she gets it. Pure coincidence.

'The player with the most values on and off the pitch'... it is a flowery way of Barca trying to be a bit different in how they give award.. but by far it is about performance clearly.

It is an award for player of the season now clearly and 5000 fans are not getting together to decide on who was the nicest guy or fairest player on and off the park.... but please believe that.

The biggest 'value' of any player is how they perform on pitch and that is what award relates to above all else.
Doubling down this time. Last time you conceded you made it up to back your Frenkie argument. The argue meter is filled to the brim after some vacation I see. Nothing I wrote is my opinion or made up, I just copy pasted from Barca's official site lol. Who are you arguing with? I'm just correcting your lack of facts.

In 2021 the fans clearly voted for Messi first. Then the Barca jury chose Frenkie and Aitana.
"The first phase of voting was open to all Barça fans from 27 May to 8 June. In this period more than 5,000 Culers chose the finalists. In the men's category they were: Messi with 39% of the vote, De Jong with 15% of the vote and Ter Stegen with 14% of the vote. And in the case of the female team the selected ones were: Martens with 20% of the votes, Alèxia with 16% of the votes and Aitana with 8% of the votes."

The jury highlighted the commitment shown by Frenkie De Jong (Arkel, Netherlands, 1996) to FC Barcelona, the City and the country since he arrived at the Club in the summer of 2019. They also praised his humility, demonstrated by being willing to play in all the different positions that he was asked to play in. The jury also congratulated the attitude of the players throughout the season, in particular due to the fact that they had to play in empty stadiums and the internal management that had to be dealt with in the dressing room.

It's not the great award you make it up to be.

JamDav1982

Doubling down this time. Last time you conceded you made it up to back your Frenkie argument. The argue meter is filled to the brim after some vacation I see. Nothing I wrote is my opinion or made up, I just copy pasted from Barca's official site lol. Who are you arguing with? I'm just correcting your lack of facts.

In 2021 the fans clearly voted for Messi first. Then the Barca jury chose Frenkie and Aitana.
"The first phase of voting was open to all Barça fans from 27 May to 8 June. In this period more than 5,000 Culers chose the finalists. In the men's category they were: Messi with 39% of the vote, De Jong with 15% of the vote and Ter Stegen with 14% of the vote. And in the case of the female team the selected ones were: Martens with 20% of the votes, Alèxia with 16% of the votes and Aitana with 8% of the votes."

The jury highlighted the commitment shown by Frenkie De Jong (Arkel, Netherlands, 1996) to FC Barcelona, the City and the country since he arrived at the Club in the summer of 2019. They also praised his humility, demonstrated by being willing to play in all the different positions that he was asked to play in. The jury also congratulated the attitude of the players throughout the season, in particular due to the fact that they had to play in empty stadiums and the internal management that had to be dealt with in the dressing room.

It's not the great award you make it up to be.

Fake news... never made anything up.

It is an award based on how players played that season.

If you think it is award for 'fairest player' stick at it.

Aye fans were voting Messi for his 'fair play' and not his ability....top argument.

Nothing you post there is new and all been discussed.

You should count the fouls players make and how lovely they are on and off the park and campaign for them to win the award..while others vote based on how played.

Andresito

Staff member
Fake news... never made anything up.

It is an award based on how players played that season.

If you think it is award for 'fairest player' stick at it.

Aye fans were voting Messi for his 'fair play' and not his ability....top argument.

Nothing you post there is new and all been discussed.

You should count the fouls players make and how lovely they are on and off the park and campaign for them to win the award..while others vote based on how played.
I made no arguments in my last post, just copy pasted. Top stuff.
True about Messi, he was best, that's why a jury chose Frenkie due to other criteria. Not because he was the best. Please tell me more about how Messi was Barca's best player only once since the award was created, and in a season where others were better than him too.

It's different from year to year. Yamal was chosen by members of l'Agrupació just like last year, a bunch of kids. AFAIK there was no jury then.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Told you this before.

Wammy, there is clearly other significant criteria at play with this award otherwise Messi would surely have won it more than Sergi Roberto and Bojan Krkic, but I see that all 3 are tied at having won it once each. :lol::lol:

Sure Frenk deserves a flower for his win, but let's not act like he deserves a full bunch of roses and a box of Milk Tray, eh?

khaled_a_d

Wrong to assume that. No way in hell

there is a lot of ways, he is owed around 12M, you can always negotiate terms around such numbers.

At the end, it will be coming from us as a discount in the transfer fee in such case. They will pay less while paying him the deferred wages.

Porque

If there is a serious shot to sell Frenkie then we need to speed it up, as then that would definitely call for a defensive midfield purchase. Guys like Zubi will soon be off the market.

Andresito

Staff member
there is a lot of ways, he is owed around 12M, you can always negotiate terms around such numbers.

At the end, it will be coming from us as a discount in the transfer fee in such case. They will pay less while paying him the deferred wages.
Just from a financial POV, wouldn't it be better if they paid us an extra 12M that we pay Frenkie? Will be recorded as a bigger sale I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans