Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamrock

I think our medical team blew it again with Frenkie. Unbelievable. You had the whole summer time to fix it and you blew it.

They butchered Ansu, now Frenkie.
I really want to know what's up with his injury, everyone is more or less back to training, but him, hope it's not something that will keep reoccurring this season.

FinBarcelonafan

I am sure this time last season Araujo went off in gamper with tightness.

Then played 90 mins v Getafe a few days later.. at RB.. then was out for weeks with muscle injury.

Madness.
Yeah RB is the worst for him and his big body. Not suited for that position.(For many games)

FinBarcelonafan

I really want to know what's up with his injury, everyone is more or less back to training, but him, hope it's not something that will keep reoccurring this season.
I think the leg was swollen for a long time so they couldn't do anything and then maybe it got better but they wished not to do surgery, but turns out it never healed. It sounds like what happened. I think he will have a surgery soon.. :(

Fits here too

JamDav1982

It reads as him injuring ankle twice last season and club avoiding surgery as wanted him back.

Then he got injured again v Real and he did not want surgery as had Euros as a target.. broke down in training when pushing for Euros and now they are trying to let it heal properly before comes back.

Worst case scenario is they do all this.. then eventually say he needs surgery anyway.

FinBarcelonafan

It reads as him injuring ankle twice last season and club avoiding surgery as wanted him back.

Then he got injured again v Real and he did not want surgery as had Euros as a target.. broke down in training when pushing for Euros and now they are trying to let it heal properly before comes back.

Worst case scenario is they do all this.. then eventually say he needs surgery anyway.
This makes so much sense.

At least Araujo skipped the Copa because he was injured. Frenkie was selfish.

JamDav1982

Also they absolutely rinsed Frenkie and Gundo at start of the year.

There was some huge amount of games.. mostly away they played in short space of time..

Even starting FDJ away in cup v minnows.

They have to manage these things better.

Ended season with FDJ clearly less mobile then injured and Gundo slowing down also.

jamrock

Whatever the case may be, it's clearly more serious than the club said or understood, because I fully expected him to back for pre season.

Birdy

The biggest legend left cause the Club couldn't register him, however, he still earned every penny from his previous contract.

Frenkie isn't under any obligation to leave and make things easier for the Club, as everyone looks out for themselves, both Club and player. He can't also say 'he hates Barca', or else he'll be shooting himself in the foot for the media.

Nothing is surprising with what's happening to Frenkie, we gave him a crazy contract and he wants the money (we'll see who wins between both parties). Hopefully, the clubs will learn and avoid issues like this.

He isn't under any legal obligation, that's correct
But he is not the 'poor Frenkie' who has been mistreated.
He is a greedy cunt that loves his money more than everything else, and I don't accept from such kind of people selling 'Barca love' for any reason whatsoever

Then:
the club does not have any legal grounds cutting his salary,
but given his unwillingness to help in any possible way during the hardest financial crisis
- NOT wanting to reduce
- NOT wanting to renew
- NOT wanting to get transferred

It's within the club's legal rights to sit him on the stands and let him train individually until his contract is up

JamDav1982

The club wont sit him in stands as it is a moronic idea no one will agree with.

No club operates that way with anything about them and for good reason.

Clueless to think the club are within their rights to force him to train individually also... this is basic stuff.

Birdy

@BarcaUniversal
·
1h

Frenkie de Jong - who has been injuries for 4 months - is the highest paid player in the team. He earns about €35m gross per season with deferrals. Deco has tried to negotiate with his agent for a downward renewal but all attempts failed. —
@diarioas

xXKonan

Boy, it gets tiring hearing the same dumb Barca fan twitter accounts keep reporting on his injury while adding the "Remember guys he's on some *Insert absurd number" wages and we need to force him out. And act like he's the worst player ever.

Spoiler alert when he's fit and on form he's still better than the fanbase favorites in this team they just can't handle the truth.

JamDav1982

Boy, it gets tiring hearing the same dumb Barca fan twitter accounts keep reporting on his injury while adding the "Remember guys he's on some *Insert absurd number" wages and we need to force him out. And act like he's the worst player ever.

Spoiler alert when he's fit and on form he's still better than the fanbase favorites in this team they just can't handle the truth.

His contract was leaked.. the numbers are there for anyone that want to go see them.

JamDav1982

Of course he is and it is not even particularly close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans