Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

FCBfan22

Why do you guys think we would go after Ndombele when we gave up on De Jong? Price-wise they are not much different. Does the club think they are two different profiles and Ndombele suits our needs better?

Are we seriously linked with Ndombele at all or is it just our wishful thinking?

It's said that we have Ndombele "reserved" if some transfer fails. I think that might be De Jong, but might as well be Rabiot.

As things stand now, I would get Eriksen and Ndombele. While being a decent player, I have a lot of doubts about Rabiot's attitude.

BBZ8800

Even [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] cannot possibly complain. Or am I wrong?

About Eriksen, on paper he is both physical, technical and a workhorse.

But you guys who watch him more, is he able to turn into our type of a Cm or he is the next Coutinho/Cesc?
Imagine if we splash 100-150m for him and he ends with the same problem.

About Ndombele, I haven't watch him at all.
Is he a new Busi or a new Cm?
If he is a pivot, I am annoyed with his constant dribbling and going forward in all youtube videos.

I am old fashioned in terms of dms.

Riordon

This would probably be over 200m in transfers. Unless we make some serious sales, this ain't happening.

Think Eriksen would be cheaper than 80m though given 1 year left, but with Spurs you never know.

Yes, it won't happen. We won't buy Mendy nor Eriksen. Maybe Ndombele though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sell Rakitic, get rid of Rafinha and Denis, start the phasing out time for Busquets and you get three midfielders, two of them established and one supreme talent.

Everyone's happy.

soul24rage

We'll probably have to sign him this summer as I don't see Daniel Levy allowing him to leave for free.

The guy is a Barca fan too.

true, RM will more than likely be sniffing around for a player like Eriksen with Modric being 34 this year so a summer transfer is very likely if he doesn't renew.
But one can dream though!

Sorin

Expect Madrid to be in for him. Modric will probably leave for Inter in the summer, maybe Isco too somewhere else. They'll need serious reinforcements in midfield. We'll get outbid once more. People will still argue that Raki, Busi and Rabiot is all we need despite all evidence to the contrary.

Riordon

If Lyon really wants 70-80m for Ndombele, we won't get him either. If we aren't willing to pay that amount for De Jong, then we certainly won't pay it for Ndombele.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The funny thing is, if we believe the reports we chickened out on De Jong because we can't afford to get into a bidding war with the likes of PSG and we end up paying more for Ndombele in the end.

khaled_a_d

At least get your facts right when arguing for something. @Alik pretty much destroyed the whole budget, "we lack money" argument.

Would be interested if you point me to that post by Alik where he destroyed that argument?

For anyone saying that we have no money...

We have just sold Paulinho to G. Evergrande for 50 million and Paco for 28.

Again, the board have been insistive on the fuckin 60M budget, and we have paid ton in the year before.
We have money to sign FDJ if we prioritize him over any other signings, but there will be huge opportunity cost for that. Forget about De Ligt or other big signings in the summer.

The funny thing is, if we believe the reports we chickened out on De Jong because we can't afford to get into a bidding war with the likes of PSG and we end up paying more for Ndombele in the end.

What if we paid for more for Ndombele and he ended up being far better player? In such case we have done better or worse? :rolleyes:
And yeah, if we end up paying more and he became worse, we know we have done bad

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I don't mean anything bad, but will Eriksen turn into a new thing on this forum now?

I have wrote about this phenomenon a lot of times: people always need one player to look forward to.
And when he fails or is sold to another club, people turn to a new guy extremely fast and he is suddenly "everything what we need".

Frenkie was the first pick for a majority here.
We have seen reports that he will sign for Psg.
Not only 24 hours later, Eriksen is turning into a new solution for our problems, he is our future, and I guess that we will soon hear: why isn't stupid Barto bidding on him?

I don't have anything against Eriksen btw.
Or, we will do this with Ndombele, whom more or less nobody watched for more than 3 matches.
But this phenomenon is quite interesting and funny.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans