Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

I don't mean anything bad, but will Eriksen turn into a new thing on this forum now?

I have wrote about this phenomenon a lot of times: people always need one player to look forward to.
And when he fails or is sold to another club, people turn to a new guy extremely fast and he is suddenly "everything what we need".

Frenkie was the first pick for a majority here.
We have seen reports that he will sign for Psg.
Not only 24 hours later, Eriksen is turning into a new solution for our problems, he is our future, and I guess that we will soon hear: why isn't stupid Barto bidding on him?

I don't have anything against Eriksen btw.
But this phenomenon is quite interesting and funny.

You see I always see you bringing the negatives in everything, but never do you propose anything. I mean give us 2-3 players we should sign that would improve our team. Somebody you rate very highly and can be signed.

FCBfan22

I don't mean anything bad, but will Eriksen turn into a new thing on this forum now?

I have wrote about this phenomenon a lot of times: people always need one player to look forward to.
And when he fails or is sold to another club, people turn to a new guy extremely fast and he is suddenly "everything what we need".

Frenkie was the first pick for a majority here.
We have seen reports that he will sign for Psg.
Not only 24 hours later, Eriksen is turning into a new solution for our problems, he is our future, and I guess that we will soon hear: why isn't stupid Barto bidding on him?

I don't have anything against Eriksen btw.
But this phenomenon is quite interesting and funny.

Search my posts from last summer. I have always said that we should get Eriksen, while some had raging boners for Pogba.

Why would prefer De Jong? Well, because he would help in 2 positions.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
We have money to sign FDJ if we prioritize him over any other signings, but there will be huge opportunity cost for that. Forget about De Ligt or other big signings in the summer.

What other signings? It doesn't appear we are going to get De Ligt or another CB since we are going to get Todibo and we have a stop-gap in Murillo. LB? Who is our target? Striker? Who is our target? Big signings?

What if we paid for more for Ndombele and he ended up being far better player? In such case we have done better or worse? :rolleyes:
And yeah, if we end up paying more and he became worse, we know we have done bad

If you have a crystal ball by all means. I am not against signing Ndombele at all for the record. I am just saying the only rationale behind signing Ndombele over De Jong is probably the club believing the former suiting our needs better than the latter. Money is not the real reason.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I already regret bringing up Eriksen.
[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] has already begun his crusade against him. Guess you can never suggest anything on here :lol:

Riordon

A big problem is Coutinho.

If he can adapt to the advanced midfield role, then a problem is solved and we won't need Eriksen.

But it looks like he can't. Then we need an advanced midfielder. What to do with Coutinho then?

He isn't a leftwinger either.

BBZ8800

You see I always see you bringing the negatives in everything, but never do you propose anything. I mean give us 2-3 players we should sign that would improve our team. Somebody you rate very highly and can be signed.

We have Arthur, 22.
Rabiot, 23.
Possibly Alena and Puig.

I wanted Frenkie, he looked like our fit.
If he won't come, I would rather wait and see how will these 4 develop in the next season than buying Ndombele as a semi-panic buy for 70m.

The same as with Cfs.
The only okish options are Icardi, Firmino and Kane.
If we can't get them, it is better to wait for 1 year than to make panic buys.

Eriksen sounds ok.
But there are some questions whether he is a true Cm.
Ndombele currently sounds like a panic buy.

The same as Dembele, Coutinho and almost Lemar in a summer 2018.

Leo_Messi

Letting De Jong go is unfortunately just another confirmation of the mediocrity that surrounds this club and the useless board that keeps destroying and undermining the club. There has not been a single club in Europe, maybe outside of Man Utd, that has spent more money on players yet which such a small impact. Almost all of the success since 2010 has been due to the same old guard lead by Messi with the occasional addition of the likes of Alba, Suárez (our last transfer of a truly world class and established player), Dembélé etc.

Let us buy more mediocre players and refuse to pay 20-25 million euros extra (even though the club can easily afford it) which over a longer period of time (the contract period of a player) is nothing.

Shocking stuff. Fucking Todibo and Rabiot. If I did not know better I would have suspected Sevilla of making such tranfers. Hilarious but sad at the same time.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

What other signings? It doesn't appear we are going to get De Ligt or another CB since we are going to get Todibo and we have a stop-gap in Murillo. LB? Who is our target? Striker? Who is our target? Big signings?

How many times we knew more than 1 name of our future signings by January 4th?
last year it was only Arthur, 2017 not a single one from those we have signed. Don't remember anyone else from previous years except Alba in 2012 and Cesc in 2010
But there is obvious needs, We don't know if Todibo is a Marlon level of signing or a guy we truly believe in his ability to make immediate impact. Weed back up LB.
And during 2019 or 2020 we need someone who can score ton of goals.
FDJ might be an exceptionally good player, but may be he is a bit overhyped one? May be he isn't a generational level midfielder and we don't want to take the risk on him?

We signed one good player with warning signs that said he didn't want to run for Simeone anymore, was 28 years old and had a growing reputation of becoming lazy. Then we signed a player who at that time was struggling a bit for Valencia. The fact that we even signed a player like Arda to play him out of position is dumb enough itself.

When we could have signed a better player for the added sums of both. A real high quality player instead of one project and one aging "star".

You're proving my point. That's been Barca's MO the last years.

Some of you guys are more afraid of spending money on one high quality player or supreme talent level player than spending the same amount of money on 2-3 average or decent players.

I don't want to hear about resale value. This is FC Barcelona, not Sevilla. We should sign players that we believe can start for us and is of high quality and depth players with proper value for us that got a shot at potentially starting and doing decently well in time of injuries.

We lacked a sporting project for years, and 2015 summer was the start of that.
Zubi was finally starting to get the freedom he needed to work on his own project -albeit some atrocious mistakes- and we fired him as scapegoat when things went bad during the year .
I've pointed a lot during the "EV is the devil" debates that our problem is lack of sporting project, having 4 different sporting directors in 5 summers (Zubi/Braida/Roberto/Abidal).
And we are sure paying for that right now. And I don't think it is fair to blame Abidal for it now (and I actually have my reservation of Abi) if he doesn't want to go auction for FDJ, especially considering we were only linked to him after he was hired. If the guy wanted him in the 1st place is having 2nd thoughts and sees other alternatives, I would be at least patient to see what he does in the summer rather than pointing to mistakes that was done by people who aren't in the club anymore.

Sorin

Let us buy more mediocre players and refuse to pay 20-25 million euros extra (even though the club can easily afford it) which over a longer period of time (the contract period of a player) is nothing.

Been saying this over and over again. Over 5 years we'd spend about 30 to 40m more on the likes of De Jong/N'Dombele than on Rabiot. A drop in the ocean for a team like us. The outrage at the transfer sum for De Jong is mind boggling really, especially since he'll cover one of the most sensible areas for us which is DM. Rabiot will only eat into Alena's, Arthur and eventually Puig's minutes while De jong would ease into Busquets' role over the years.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How many times we knew more than 1 name of our future signings by January 4th?
last year it was only Arthur, 2017 not a single one from those we have signed. Don't remember anyone else from previous years except Alba in 2012 and Cesc in 2010
But there is obvious needs, We don't know if Todibo is a Marlon level of signing or a guy we truly believe in his ability to make immediate impact. Weed back up LB.
And during 2019 or 2020 we need someone who can score ton of goals.
FDJ might be an exceptionally good player, but may be he is a bit overhyped one? May be he isn't a generational level midfielder and we don't want to take the risk on him?

I am not disputing our needs in those positions, especially a long term Suarez replacement but I just don't see who we are going to spend our money on right now, other than some young talents that we don't know the names yet. I personally don't think the likes of Kane etc. are either worth the kind of money rumored or realistic for us to get. Mbappe is out of the question. Our needs are there but we don't have known and solid targets so I really can't fathom how they would pass up on De Jong for monetary reasons, unless, of course as I kept saying is that they believe someone else (whether it is Ndombele or someone else) is a better fit than him.

Raketa10

Is De Jong to PSG actually confirmed?

Of course not, but this forum only needs one match to light a fire. Until it's not official I won't believe. We had many cases of 'done deal' during last two years and in the end it didn't happen.

Last edited:

Alik

We have Arthur, 22.
Rabiot, 23.
Possibly Alena and Puig.

I would rather wait and see how will these 4 develop in the next season than buying Ndombele as a semi-panic buy for 70m.

:amazed:

BBZ wanting to give a chance to youth? What is this sorcery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans