Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilarrubi

[tw]1085498151027519489[/tw]

It's over.

-He thinks there is too much competition in midfield at Barca.
-Higher salary at Paris
-He thinks he will be a central player at Paris while not at Barca.

Catalan media is admitting he's gone and the verbal agreement with the player is terminated.

Jokes aside about Rakitics place... surely Busi and Raki will be phased out within the next year or two. What ever happened to fighting for your place too.. I’m sure if he came and performed at the same level he has been with Ajax/Holland he would earn his place.

That said it probably is that we’ve just lowballed and this is the excuse.

Raketa10

I just hope this ends until this weekend. If he want's to go to PSG than nothing can be done anymore. Than just focus on De Ligt and sign Rabiot on a free transfer.

Sorin

Fine, just move on already, scout other targets for the summer/future. Rakitic, Busquets and Vidal aren't getting any younger or better.

And no, Adrien "i don't want to be on the bench" Rabiot is not the solution.

wisconsincule

It does make sense. PSG can offer him a starting spot now while he wouldn’t get that for a couple years here. If it’s announced oh well. Onto the next.

Leo_Messi

It does make sense. PSG can offer him a starting spot now while he wouldn’t get that for a couple years here. If it’s announced oh well. Onto the next.

QSG offers nothing but money and playing against useless teams 80% of the time and competing in the "mighty" Ligue 1 and the even more useless two French domestic cup competitions (Coupe de France and Coupe de la Ligue). It's a massive stepback compared to what Spain and in particular the two giants can offer. It shows incredible lack of ambition from his part.

George_Costanza

[tw]1085498151027519489[/tw]

It's over.

-He thinks there is too much competition in midfield at Barca.
-Higher salary at Paris
-He thinks he will be a central player at Paris while not at Barca.

Catalan media is admitting he's gone and the verbal agreement with the player is terminated.

Smart move by him and I don't blame him.

City and PSG will dominate Europe a few years from now. Messi will decline, and that will be the end of Barcelona dominance. Big clubs of today Barca and Real won't be able to sustain or compete financially with them.

They got FDJ and while we got Rabiot! :lol: I hope all those who supported Rabiot's signing see where this led us to.

Sorin

Smart move by him and I don't blame him.

City and PSG will dominate Europe a few years from now. Messi will decline, and that will be the end of Barcelona dominance. Big clubs of today Barca and Real won't be able to sustain or compete financially with them.

We have spent just as much as them in the recent years. We are paying the highest wage bill in Europe by far. Stop putting the blame on others having money because we have/had it too and we wasted it or spent it without regard on players that don't fit. We are run by a bunch of fucktards.

Ammar17j

So the big news so far. Is that Frenkie is going to choose PSG. Most of the people in The Netherlands are not happy with that pick. They want him to play in a big competition or stay at Ajax.The last one is unlikely to happen. Playing with Messi is his dream. So i won't understand if he picks PSG over Barcelona. If he picks PSG then it's about the Money.( I hate to admit it) Rabiot to Barcelona will be more likely to happen. The whole squad of Ajax are Messi fanboys. So they should have influence on him. He got only one chance.... Barcelona will not come back for him.(If he goes to PSG)

cro-man

This guy has a price tag of 75m with a high salary and he is fearing he might not be good enough against players like vidal busquets and raktic than he should go somewhere else. I think its just to save his face because he chosed money. Those young guys are something:lol:

Vilarrubi

lol PSG have spent roughly 1.1 Billion Euros on transfers since the takeover and never got past a CL Quarter Final. I'm struggling to see how adding 75million euro FDJ means PSG will "dominate Europe".

BBZ8800

True. But Madrid handled it just fine while winning 4 CLs in the last 6.

1. they are not giving such huge wages to their players and are not willing to bend down as we do
2. they have just lost CR7. In a similar situation, we would probably pay 50M Net to CR7 just to keep him.
To some extent, in the last few years, RM are not desperate.
If a player is asking too much, they will let him go.
Plus, they didn't make any desperate elections or panic buys like us (Arda, Dembele, Coutinho).
While, when we want someone, we are desperate to do more or less anything.

So, at least in the last few years, some of their financial decisions are colder and more objective.
While our signings, wages and some decisions are emotional and rushed.

I am not saying that they aren't making mistakes.
But still they won 4 Cls in the last 5 years, and yet WE have higher wages than them.

You know that something is wrong and that we have done something wrong in the past.

Maybe our behavior in Frenkie's and De Light's cases is a sign that we are changing.
Some will reply: yes, but we will LOSE these players then!

Well, you can't have both: every single player whom you want AND low and reasonable wages.
Pick only one.

Newcomer

Won't celebrate before it is official.

Your disappointment is totally understandable but your newspapers are at fault.

They make a drama from any transfer while in Netherlands or France, you had not that much coverage, unless there is a decisive element to the story.

Now, you'll turn on the player but we really don't know anything for sure bar what unreliable catalan press is saying.

cro-man

lol PSG have spent roughly 1.1 Billion Euros on transfers since the takeover and never got past a CL Quarter Final. I'm struggling to see how adding 75million euro FDJ means PSG will "dominate Europe".

And some point they will even spend the double just to reach their goal. Football is raising so the money and at some point FFP will be useless. Fifa and uefa are just pretending FFP till the point is reached and even FFP cant stop them. Especially City duo premier league will be unstoppable.

As long as its possible to allow a whole state to back up a club it wont get better. The damage is already done. Time to name it qatar/emirate cup instead of uefa:lol: They already bought wc:lol:

Devils

It has nothing to do with Barca not being able to afford him.

I had a huge rant about this after Roma, but the problem with Barca boards and management is that they are all to risk adverse when it comes to the old guard. That is there is basically a zero risk policy when it comes to replacing these starting players at a new season. Barcelona would rather just keep extending their contracts, offering them salary increases and EVENTUALLY phase them out when they are not at the required level anymore. Either that or the player has to take the decision to leave themselves.

If you look at Real Madrid (DISGUSTING club btw but they have THE GOAT president) they had no problem selling off Ozil, Khedira, Alonso, Di Maria, Pepe and so on...these were starting players for their clubs for years before they sold them and a lot of this was during their 4 CL in 5 years run. Flo is willing to take on more risk for the sake of having better and willing to kick key players out of the club for the sake of upgrading.

If we had a president like that or a manager like Pep. Rakitic would be told to get out in the summer and we would have used to wages freed up by him to offer FDJ a more competetive salary and also a starting position on the squad.

I only speak truth, no lies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Understandable move by De Jong. Don't take PSG for granted, in several years we will be competing hard with them in the CL.

Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans