Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

[tw]1085597069581213698[/tw]

SleepySpiffyKitten-size_restricted.gif

xXKonan

+1 The price was always 75m and we got him for that +11m add ons. Some PSG fans trying to claim we overpaid, like they were only offering much lower than that. If they’d have got him for the same price as we did they’d be rubbing it in our faces... all this stuff afterwards is just salt and butthurt. Will be even more salt if his wages aren’t as high as some websites claimed as that would be the only thing they could hold against the transfer.
I mean it all came down to De Jong anyway going by what he said.

We made a last minute big offer to him but that doesn't guarantee we would sign him. It was up to De Jong to make his choice and I believed Ajax was satisfied with PSG's offer to a point where I doubt they would squeeze more money out of PSG.

De Jong even admitted that he sat down and thought about it with his GF and dad and decided to go to Barcelona instead of PSG.

cro-man

I am so sad that psg couldnt raise the price to the skys for a kid who is dreaming about playing for barca day and night:lol:

Newcomer

Paris United: "According to FFP, a club's wage bill must not exceed 70% of its income. But Barca's is 81%. However, the club has never been punished by UEFA. The reason remains a mystery... As a recent example with De Jong, it was impossible for PSG to compete with Barca's offer due to FFP."

[tw]1088816508153839617[/tw]

Worthless article from Paris United that come off as whiners.

About the FFP, it is an evidence it has been designed to counter clubs like PSG.

However, if FC Barcelone proposed that much, it is because they could afford it. Either directly or by planning some exits by summer.

Barça made a better offer for the player and the club and PSG couldn't compete. It is life ! Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

Also, they are using some wrong numbers like the 200 M from association with Jordan Brand. Our global marketing director had said recently it is a huge success and it should bring more than the 15 M expected.

200 M is what all the stuff sold will amount to but only a % will go to PSG.

This kind of article is not going too help with their dwindling reliability. They should stay more neutral like that page: https://twitter.com/PanameSquad

This account is, if i recall, a former associate of Paris United. He is more reliable, don't talk often, don't talk bullshit. Only talk when he has to talk.

xXKonan

I like to Re-read threads of guys we signed just to see how things evolved. Man, this one was a rollercoaster of emotions.

In a span of 3 weeks, this month alone it was "Barcelona have got an agreement with De Jong and he likes our Project" to "According to France and Dutch sources, De Jong has an agreement with PSG and likes their project" and it just went on and on.

Don't think it will ever top the Dembele saga though. The amount of bullshit we had to experience in August was truly something. :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

So staff costs means the combination of "football players, technical staff, medical staff, management and administrative staff" etc. Understandable.

Do we have our total player wage numbers available anywhere?

I like to Re-read threads of guys we signed just to see how things evolved. Man, this one was a rollercoaster of emotions.

In a span of 3 weeks, this month alone it was "Barcelona have got an agreement with De Jong and he likes our Project" to "According to France and Dutch sources, De Jong has an agreement with PSG and likes their project" and it just went on and on.

Don't think it will ever top the Dembele saga though. The amount of bullshit we had to experience in August was truly something. :lol:

Nah, we knew Dembele wanted to come it was just a matter of whether BVB was going to budge or not and when. They played hardball with us but there was not much suspense and we were waiting for that moment of breakthrough.

With De Jong there was the sense of total suspense as to which club he was going to choose and there was that pendulum of going back and forth as you mentioned. It was akin to the original La Decision of Griezmann in my opinion. But the one that caused the most anxiety was probably Neyma's se queda or not.

Last edited:

xXKonan

Nah, we knew Dembele wanted to come it was just a matter of whether BVB was going to budge or not and when. They played hardball with us but there was not much suspense and we were waiting for that moment of breakthrough.

With De Jong there was the sense of total suspense as to which club he was going to choose and there was that pendulum of going back and forth as you mentioned. It was akin to the original La Decision of Griezmann in my opinion. But the one that caused the most anxiety was probably Neyma's se queda or not.
They Neymar thing shitty at the start but I think overtime especially when news broke out that He was not saying anything because he wanted his loyalty bonus is when a lot of people stopped giving a shit about him and wanted him gone so we can get a replacement quick.

Well that's what happened to me at least.

Devils

Even if he went to PSG he wouldn't have stayed.

Said himself that he could never play in the French league for too long.

This guy was always coming to Barca sooner or later, dawg.

Zidane82

One of De Jong's demands was getting regular playing time and it appears Barça reacted by putting three midfielders for sale. Although the identity of those players wasn't revealed by his source, Quim claims it'll be Ivan Rakitic, Denis Suarez and Rafinha who leave the club.

It appears there's an ongoing debate over Rakitic's future. Ernesto Valverde is a huge fan of the player the Rakitic himself loves the club. However in the sporting department and boardroom they feel it's time to cash in on the tireless midfielder whilst he still has a few good years left at the highest level.

FinBarcelonafan

Look at Coutinho thread. That was drama..

Givenchy

One of De Jong's demands was getting regular playing time and it appears Barça reacted by putting three midfielders for sale. Although the identity of those players wasn't revealed by his source, Quim claims it'll be Ivan Rakitic, Denis Suarez and Rafinha who leave the club.

It appears there's an ongoing debate over Rakitic's future. Ernesto Valverde is a huge fan of the player the Rakitic himself loves the club. However in the sporting department and boardroom they feel it's time to cash in on the tireless midfielder whilst he still has a few good years left at the highest level.

as Frenkie could be the key to getting De Ligt. Rakitic may be the key to getting rid of Ernie :lol:

xXKonan

Look at Coutinho thread. That was drama..
I blame Catalan/Spanish Media for that nonsense. At least with Dembele, all we had to do was fork over the cash, with Liverpool there was no way Coutinho was going to leave during the summer. But The Catalan and Spanish press persisted that things were going good despite Liverpool's reliable journalists saying no deal is forthcoming and won't be this summer.

Slevinn

Imagine if PSG got Frenkie for 75m+ add ons then we had rumours we were after Allan for 100m. Ouch that’s got to hurt.

Neymar was one thing but now the whole club is turning into a meme. :lol
I’d feel bad for them if they weren’t such an ugly pathetic club with annoying and insecure fans.

But the good news is that they can play some amateurs this weekend and win 10-0 or something like that. That means alot in such a strong and competetive league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans