Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raketa10

From his interview it looks like he prefers not playing DM. Not sure if it is due to preference or strengths, we will see.

Where did you read that? Even Overmars said that he is perfect for DM position. He even said that he believes he is a true successor of Busquets.

Last edited:

Riordon

I say it again. This guy isn't a DM. Watching him today and he really needs a midfielder behind him. Defensive awareness not that good.

Newcomer

Ajax is trying to win silverware before selling big this summer.

They already have too much money compared to the kind of players they can attract.

Makes sense for them to go for their one chance in recent years.

About the guy saying Ajax will outplay Real Madrid. I dunno why but i feel Real will prevail again. They'll score for fun against that naive team. Ajax is overrated imo : how can a team with so many world beaters worth hundred of millions never win against a PSV team with no one quoted as close in term of talent ?

Can see i was not wrong about Ajax being naive and PSV crushing them every time without having players quoted as world class.

Big win for Feyenoord.

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Valverde had this to say about about Frenkie in the pre game press conference yesterday:

""Eso depende del rendimiento que puede dar en el futuro. Es un jugador que el club ficha con una perspectiva en el tiempo. Es un jugador que deberá adaptarse, pero el club debe ir incorporando jugadores para ir enriqueciendo el juego actual y que se convierta en un jugador de futuro""

When asked if de Jong can 'mark a change of cycle' in the team:

"This depends of what he can give/contribute in the future. He's a player that the club signed with the perspective of time. He is a player that will have to adapt but the club also has to keep integrating players to enrich its current playing style and let us hope he becomes a future player"

Or something like that...

Adding to that, after watching Ajax' past two games, in which they conceded 10 goals (yes, ten), I have to say Frenkie is in for a steep learning curve since the current level of the Eredivisie is so low and La Liga is so high that if he plays as badly as he has played for these past two matches, he wouldn't look out of place at Barca B and we could have another Malcom situation in our hands.

I know he's talented but I don't see him breaking the starting 11 in less than a year here. A pixie dust fairy could have pushed him off the ball today....

Valverde had this to say about about Frenkie in the pre game press conference yesterday:

""Eso depende del rendimiento que puede dar en el futuro. Es un jugador que el club ficha con una perspectiva en el tiempo. Es un jugador que deberá adaptarse, pero el club debe ir incorporando jugadores para ir enriqueciendo el juego actual y que se convierta en un jugador de futuro""

"This depends of what he can give/contribute in the future. He's a player that the club signed with the perspective of time. He is a player that will have to adapt but the club also has to keep integrating players to enrich its current playing style and let us hope he becomes a future player"

Adding to that, after watching Ajax' past two games, in which they conceded 10 goals (yes, ten), I have to say Frenkie is in for a steep learning curve since the current level of the Eredivisie is so low and La Liga is so high that if he plays as badly as he has played for these past two matches, he wouldn't look out of place at Barca B and we could have another Malcom situation in our hands.

I know he's talented but I don't see him breaking the starting 11 in less than a year here. A pixie dust fairy could have pushed him off the ball today....

How could Ajax be so deep in the UCL and concede 10 goals in 2 Eredivisie matches?

Zidane82

I say it again. This guy isn't a DM. Watching him today and he really needs a midfielder behind him. Defensive awareness not that good.

He's flamin light years ahead of Roberto as regards defensive awareness and Sergi is our default RB !!

Jombi

He'll get about ten times as many chances as Malcom, the Messi reserve. There is no way he'll get 1 start in La Liga as central midfielder before being offloaded. I didnt watch the games you talk about, but did you watch his international games against France and Germany? Those midfields are far superior to the two teams he faced now and he did marvelous.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
People said the same about Arthur when they watched him play one game or watched some YouTube highlight reels, or pulled up FIFA stats like a certain someone.

And I'd argue the Eredivise is a step up from the Brasileirão.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
What really boggles my mind is you got these people who will shout time and time again that 86 Mil for a young player is too much , but will froth at the mouth when you give them Paulinho and Gomes.

Jair Ventura

People said the same about Arthur when they watched him play one game or watched some YouTube highlight reels, or pulled up FIFA stats like a certain someone.

And I'd argue the Eredivise is a step up from the Brasileirão.

How did you come to this conclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans