Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

Frenkie had a much better pre-season than his mate, De Ligt. I think that's an omen for things to come. We are the ones who signed Ajax's gem, not Juve.

That was clear imo. Much of De Ligt's valuation was driven up by his important goals from set pieces. He's a good defender with leadership skills but De Jong is a much brighter and one of kind player atm.

khaled_a_d

That was clear imo. Much of De Ligt's valuation was driven up by his important goals from set pieces. He's a good defender with leadership skills but De Jong is a much brighter and one of kind player atm.

MDL was starter for Ajax a season earlier when he is more than 2 years younger. And typically defenders are more of late bloomers than midfielders. All this has made him projected much higher than FDJ IMO. More than his goals

serghei

MDL was starter for Ajax a season earlier when he is more than 2 years younger. And typically defenders are more of late bloomers than midfielders. All this has made him projected much higher than FDJ IMO. More than his goals

Frenkie would have cost well over 100m in light of what happened in the CL, and how he completely bossed Madrid's and Juve's midfielders.

Devils

Anyone who watched Ajax could see that De Jong was the biggest talent at Ajax by a large distance.

His influence at Ajax was magnitudes higher than De Ligt.

VN10

Anyone who watched Ajax could see that De Jong was the biggest talent at Ajax by a large distance.

His influence at Ajax was magnitudes higher than De Ligt.

Not at all. But I don't blame you for not watching Ajax enough or lacking information. De Ligt was the most important player by a mile.
It showed clearly when De Ligt was not available. While De Jong was also important, Schöne did fine playing his role.

It's way too early to say, but I still think De Ligt is the bigger talent and will have the better carreer. Obviously they are not far off from each other.

Frenkie's preseason has been way better than anyone expected, which is obviously very nice!
But I think he might be overperforming at the moment. Expectations are too high.

Also, im laughing at anyone who judges - or makes up is mind - based on a silly preseason; you're disqualified.

Last edited:

ATLBarcaFan

I've said it before, I'll say it again, kid was born to play at Barca. One of Barca's biggest issues the last few years has been the lack of speed and athleticism in the midfield, playing him immediately changes that. This kid needs to be a regular starter, a blind man can see that.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Not at all. But I don't blame you for not watching Ajax enough or lacking information. De Ligt was the most important player by a mile.
It showed clearly when De Ligt was not available. While De Jong was also important, Schöne did fine playing his role.

It's way too early to say, but I still think De Ligt is the bigger talent and will have the better carreer. Obviously they are not far off from each other.

Frenkie's preseason has been way better than anyone expected, which is obviously very nice!
But I think he might be overperforming at the moment. Expectations are too high.

Also, im laughing at anyone who judges - or makes up is mind - based on a silly preseason; you're disqualified.

I think you're confusing leadership with influence on the positional gameplay. De Ligt was an immense leader for Ajax, but it was De Jong who consistently had the most touches passes and etc, running the show in every game apart from those when he was bad/below average.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't think even Valverde can make him look bad. Confident that he'll be the signing of the season ahead of Griezmann as well.

Loves Barca, works hard and has the world-class quality already.

Sorin

I think you're confusing leadership with influence on the positional gameplay. De Ligt was an immense leader for Ajax, but it was De Jong who consistently had the most touches passes and etc, running the show in every game apart from those when he was bad/below average.

It's like saying Puyol had more impact on Barcelona's performances than Xavi because he was the leader of the team above everyone else. Both important but completely different things. However De Jong, by the looks of it, has almost as much leadership in his bones as anyone, just like Xavi before him so not too fused about this aspect.

It's easy to see who will impact the game more going forward though. It's just common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans