Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItachiXXX

Barca turned the potential best midfield player in the world into an average player.

Or maybe the reality is, he's just an overrated Dutch that Barca fans trying so hard to push a narrative that he is something special

He's just there, hard to explain. For someone getting paid so much and hyped to carry our midfield in the future, it doesn't look good. How did FDJ and MATS get paid out so well anyway? What have they proven?

They're supposed to be the future Captain of Barca, they're better leader than Messi

Last edited:

ItachiXXX

Ajax's marketing team bruh did them a solid. Ndombele? Nah. Aouar? Nah. An actual defensive midfielder? Nah. Let's buy the guy that can't play as a pure DM, CM, or No. 8 when our midfield is shit. Now we have to play some dumb formations to accommodate him not because he's consistently good, but because he's expensive.

This, people here still defending him. When it's pretty obvious he is just a HYPE

sikkboy

Edit: Theres literally no point for him to dribble. He will pass to Messi right next to him anyway. Or to Coutinho/Pedri/Griezmann. When he beat his marker at Ajax the players in front of him would attack the box, which gave him space to run into.

Forwards ahead of him, every single one of them (based on starters yesterday), their first instincts are to converge on the penalty spot. :lol: :lol: Total clusterfuck!

fergus90

Funny that k don't see this kind pf excuse in Messi thread or last season Suarez, Rakitic etc etc ��

Puig >>>> De Jong

I've genuinely not seen a single performance from Riqui Puig that suggests he doesn't warrant much more playing time than he's getting. Whilst players like De Jong are seen as some kind of benchmark for him to aspire to, or be considered the level at to break in the team.

Newcomer

We did PSG a huge favor

SMH.

That sounds good. Hope he will keep this level so that we won't ever have the regret of not having been able to sign him.

Btw, about his other Ajax friend de Ligt, PSG sporting director Antero Henrique had apparently agreed for him a deal with Raiola, according to some PSG insiders. However, Leonardo canceled the agreement as soon as he came in. De Ligt was supposed to received an insane salary (18 M) and only 4 years of contract (it was his condition to sign since PSG don't do clause but it would be hurting his amortization). That would mean PSG wouldn't have been able to complete any more transfer that windows. In a way, i regret because we got Diallo instead but we wouldn't have signed Keylor Navas and he is the best player we have signed since Neymar/Mbapp?. At times, i would say that Navas has even been better than those two, especially better than Mbapp?.

serghei

That sounds good. Hope he will keep this level so that we won't ever have the regret of not having been able to sign him.

Btw, about his other Ajax friend de Ligt, PSG sporting director Antero Henrique had apparently agreed for him a deal with Raiola, according to some PSG insiders. However, Leonardo canceled the agreement as soon as he came in. De Ligt was supposed to received an insane salary (18 M) and only 4 years of contract (it was his condition to sign since PSG don't do clause but it would be hurting his amortization). That would mean PSG wouldn't have been able to complete any more transfer that windows. In a way, i regret because we got Diallo instead but we wouldn't have signed Keylor Navas and he is the best player we have signed since Neymar/Mbapp?. At times, i would say that Navas has even been better than those two, especially better than Mbapp?.

Navas is a top 5 keeper easily. Was even higher than that at Madrid.

BBZ8800

If I were a coach, I would play Frenkie as a CB at home against weak La Liga teams.

He would play as a false pivot.
That way even someone like Alena/Pedri/Puig could play as a second pivot alongside Busi/Pjanic.

So, while defending, we would play 4231 with Frenkie as a left CB.
And when we have the ball, which is 80% of time at Camp Nou, Frenkie would move to a left pivot (Frenkie-Busi) while the other pivot (Pjanic/Alena/Pedri/Puig) would move to Cm-Cam positions.

We would play 334 or or 325 while attacking.

Klysmakabouter

Either FDJ is the new messiah after one decent performance, or he is a total disaster after a marginally bad game. The expectations are too high.

Name a better cm 23 years old or under, you won t get far.

JerseyAddict

If I were a coach, I would play Frenkie as a CB at home against weak La Liga teams.

He would play as a false pivot.
That way even someone like Alena/Pedri/Puig could play as a second pivot alongside Busi/Pjanic.

So, while defending, we would play 4231 with Frenkie as a left CB.
And when we have the ball, which is 80% of time at Camp Nou, Frenkie would move to a left pivot (Frenkie-Busi) while the other pivot (Pjanic/Alena/Pedri/Puig) would move to Cm-Cam positions.

We would play 334 or or 325 while attacking.

Some Beckenbauer style ? Take the ball and carry it out ?
What if he loses the ball? Lenglet is not fast enough to cover the ground

Or am I missing the point here?

I do like the idea, though.

vegitot

Either FDJ is the new messiah after one decent performance, or he is a total disaster after a marginally bad game. The expectations are too high.

Name a better cm 23 years old or under, you won t get far.
De Jong was considered top class in 18/19 UCL, and Barca paid 75 million to bring him there. All thought he would replace Busquest.

So the expection is understandable.

malvolio

He had two episodes when played at CB that demonstrated he hasn't got a clue about the role. Both came against pretty shit teams - Alaves and D Kiev

1. Joselu headed the ball right from near him. De jong didn't even attempt to jump, he instead ducked stupidly so that Joselu couldn't be bothered
2. Got skinned in a 1 on 1 against a D Kiev attacker. De Jong had like 2-3 meters advantage and even so he didn't even attempt to tackle the Kiev attacker

Last edited:

fergus90

De Jong was considered top class in 18/19 UCL, and Barca paid 75 million to bring him there. All thought he would replace Busquest.

So the expection is understandable.

One UCL campaign is such a small sample size though, it's like players being bought off the back of an incredible World Cup. But football has always been this way. One minute you're the next this and that, the other you're shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans