Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klysmakabouter

De Jong was considered top class in 18/19 UCL, and Barca paid 75 million to bring him there. All thought he would replace Busquest.

So the expection is understandable.

75 million is a lot. No doubt. But most transferfees (pre-COVID) for decent targets at the time were as high, if not higher. Inter paid 90 million for Eriksen for example.

I totally agree FdJ at Ajax looks miles different than FdJ at Barca. But to compare him with Busquets, how can that ever be fair? Busquets played with Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, prime Messi and prime Suarez. FdJ plays with past-prime Busquets and unmotivated Messi.

fergus90

75 million is a lot. No doubt. But most transferfees (pre-COVID) for decent targets at the time were as high, if not higher. Inter paid 90 million for Eriksen for example.

I totally agree FdJ at Ajax looks miles different than FdJ at Barca. But to compare him with Busquets, how can that ever be fair? Busquets played with Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, prime Messi and prime Suarez. FdJ plays with past-prime Busquets and unmotivated Messi.

Inter paid ?17 million for Eriksen, his contract was running out. In terms of FDJ he’s been a 6/10 so far in my opinion, the 18/19 season he was an important cog of a wheel oiled machine. He did his job well where 7 or 8 players were also doing their job well.

Devils

Barca's Fraud rankings:

Fraud #1: Sergi Roberto
Fraud #2: Marc Andre Ter Stegen
Fraud #3 (and quickly climbing up the rankings): Frenkie De jong

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Said it at the start of the season. There are no excuses for these mediocre performances. He has the formation that suits him the most + the manager that has the full trust in him.

Richard.H

Quickly becoming a fraud. I don't wanna hear any excuses. Puig and Pedri look better than him and earn less than a quarter of his salary.

Raki13

Said it at the start of the season. There are no excuses for these mediocre performances. He has the formation that suits him the most + the manager that has the full trust in him.

Said before he was signed he wasnt good enough , the hype has cost big time again.

pregra

Get a random african Cdm and he is automatically better than this pretty boy. Griezmann/coutinho/dembele levels of shite transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans