Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morten

Barca DNA

Pep teaches: never be greedy. Never make risks. Never shoot if someone else is in a better position.
Always be 100% logical.

No wonder that we and Pep are very sterile in Europe, each in their own way.

City had plenty of chances yesterday, plenty of shots, so that wasn't the problem, the problem was that the finishing was awful.

BBZ8800

Frenkie is starting to be Griezmann of midfielders.

A talented player but a weird fit.
He can win a WC for France and titles with Atletico, but at Barca he doesn't have a clear position and is a weird fit.

As I wrote in Koeman's thread, imo, none of Frenkie-Pedri doesn't fit any of Barca classical midfield positions.

mc_lovin

He can win a WC for France and titles with Atletico, but at Barca he doesn't have a clear position and is a weird fit.

As I wrote in Koeman's thread, imo, none of Frenkie-Pedri doesn't fit any of Barca classical midfield positions.

We barely played 433 ffs. And Pedri was brilliant for Spain in a, guess what, 433.

Problem is that Koeman is clueless, and the lack of forwards.

Birdy

He does not fit only for people who are fixated in a 4-3-3 with a Busi-type pivot, a Xavi-type interior and Iniesta-type interior
Ten Haag already proved he can be the best md in Europe in a related but different system

So yeah, it does not fit for people who want to copy-paste the Guardiola team, so for people who are not any clever

BBZ8800

We barely played 433 ffs. And Pedri was brilliant for Spain in a, guess what, 433.

Problem is that Koeman is clueless, and the lack of forwards.

Pedri was good for Spain.
I won't call it brilliant because you play against NT teams who are out of sync compared to club football.

At Spain, he was a helper type of a player.
Other players took the burden and he jumped in as a helper and played well.

A million dollar question: how will he be a leader of Barca's midfield when he plays hide and seek like a helper type of a midfielder?
Also, how to play a possession type of 433 when Pedri plays hide and seek and needs someone else to control the possession yet his partner is Frenkie who is horrible at possession football?

I have an answer for you how it will end, but you won't like it.

There is hope for Pedri if guys like Gavi will grow into leaders and world class players.
Then Pedri could fit in as the 2nd or 3rd guy.

With Frenkie: never gonna happen.

JamDav1982

Pedri was not just a 'helper' for Spain who helped better players.

Usual BBZ shite.

He was their best player across the tournament and was pivotal to their play particularly in final third.

serghei

Barca DNA

Pep teaches: never be greedy. Never make risks. Never shoot if someone else is in a better position.
Always be 100% logical.

No wonder that we and Pep are very sterile in Europe, each in their own way.

Bullshit.

IIRC, we scored 3/3 goals from long(ish) range in CL final in 2011. Where do you get these ideas from jesus...

JamDav1982

BBZ spend half his time arguing that Barca are left in past and obsessed with 433 possession game that only Xavi/Iniesta can thrive in. Saying it is outdated and should play another way.

Spends other half stating Pedri and FDJ are not good enough.... as cant play 433 possession the way Barca players should.

Flips the point depending on what the argument is.

BBZ8800

Bullshit.

IIRC, we scored 3/3 goals from long(ish) range in CL final in 2011. Where do you get these ideas from jesus...

You have Pep's football in it's core.
And then you have Pep's football paired with Xavi-Messi who bring magic and unpredictability.
Which City lacks today.

About 2011, first Pedro's goal was inside of a box from 10-12 meters.
2nd goal was Messi's individual unpredictable magic.
Villa's goal was from 18 meters, but he was brave and egoistic, unlike current Pep's players.

I am not shitting on Pep's Barca but on Pep without Barca's magicians who were a perfect ingredient to his robotic football.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Pedri was good for Spain.
I won't call it brilliant because you play against NT teams who are out of sync compared to club football.

At Spain, he was a helper type of a player.
Other players took the burden and he jumped in as a helper and played well.

A million dollar question: how will he be a leader of Barca's midfield when he plays hide and seek like a helper type of a midfielder?
Also, how to play a possession type of 433 when Pedri plays hide and seek and needs someone else to control the possession yet his partner is Frenkie who is horrible at possession football?

I have an answer for you how it will end, but you won't like it.

There is hope for Pedri if guys like Gavi will grow into leaders and world class players.
Then Pedri could fit in as the 2nd or 3rd guy.

With Frenkie: never gonna happen.

Pedri played every minute of the EURO and was the best Spain player. Not a secondary player but a pivotal one. Played in a 4-3-3 every single time as well, even though you're saying he can't play there for some reason.

serghei

And then you have Pep's football paired with Xavi-Messi who bring magic and unpredictability.
Which City lacks today.

Villa's goal was from 18 meters, but he was brave and egoistic, unlike current Pep's players.

I am not shitting on Pep's Barca but on Pep without Barca's magicians who were a perfect ingredient to his robotic football.

But you make it sound as if Pep tells these players not to shoot when they have the chance. When you have an opening from 16-20m, if you take a good shot and place it well, it's a goal.

What happened is Pep left, and the worst, most toxic residues of his style remained, with little to none of the great stuff that made it all work.

KingLeo10

I have no idea how BBZ has managed to link our current "style" of play more to Pep than Koeman.

Insane amount of personal vendetta against Pep, bordering on pathological. My guy, time to take some time off.

BBZ8800

BBZ spend half his time arguing that Barca are left in past and obsessed with 433 possession game that only Xavi/Iniesta can thrive in. Saying it is outdated and should play another way.

Spends other half stating Pedri and FDJ are not good enough.... as cant play 433 possession the way Barca players should.

Flips the point depending on what the argument is.

I would move away from 433.
But our fans are attached to it and they will demand 433 and our way till death.

Xavi will surely go back to a classical 433.
In 433, Frenkie can't shine.

In 4231, he can.
But then we should play faster and need to buy 10 new players.

If we move to 4231, where will you fit Frenkie, Pedri, Gavi, Nico, Puig?
Zero CMs, only one CAM.

So, it will be a good old 433 for years.

JamDav1982

Which City lacks today.

Peps teams last season..3rd for goals from outside area, three seasons before had most goals from outside area in league.

Far from 'being sterile' they play in way that they score the most from distance and not all about walking it in.

Listen to Henry from that time discussing tactics of Pep and it was about getting ball in final third and letting the creative players take it from there. Not about instructing them to pass ball into net.

JamDav1982

I would move away from 433.
But our fans are attached to it and they will demand 433 and our way till death.

Xavi will surely go back to a classical 433.
In 433, Frenkie can't shine.

In 4231, he can.
But then we should play faster and need to buy 10 new players.

If we move to 4231, where will you fit Frenkie, Pedri, Gavi, Nico, Puig?
Zero CMs, only one CAM.

So, it will be a good old 433 for years.

So are you saying Pedri and FDJ are good enough but club wont play in way that suits them?

FDJ won best midfielder in Europe playing as one of two DMs so I am sure he would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans