Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I would move away from 433.
But our fans are attached to it and they will demand 433 and our way till death.

Xavi will surely go back to a classical 433.
In 433, Frenkie can't shine.

In 4231, he can.
But then we should play faster and need to buy 10 new players.

If we move to 4231, where will you fit Frenkie, Pedri, Gavi, Nico, Puig?
Zero CMs, only one CAM.

So, it will be a good old 433 for years.

We played against Levante with a 4-2-3-1. Pedri was injured and De Jong was suspended. Busi-Nico played in a double pivot; De Jong could slot in for Busi. Gavi played at RM and played quite well. Pedri would substitute Coutinho at CAM, his natural position. Puig is a bench player.

Gavi played too little for now to know for sure what kind of player he is honestly.

Birdy

But our fans are attached to it and they will demand 433 and our way till death.

In 4231, he can.

Zero CMs, only one CAM.

It's best system for Frenkie
GAvi can play in 4-2-3-1
Pedri can play in 4-2-3-1
so do Dest, Depay, Cou, Dembele, Fati, Mignueza, Araujo

No we actually need only 1 extra player to play that system:
a real WC CB next to Araujo
and IMO another physical progressive runner md like Renato

that's it

BBZ8800

It's best system for Frenkie
GAvi can play in 4-2-3-1
Pedri can play in 4-2-3-1
so do Dest, Depay, Cou, Dembele, Fati, Mignueza, Araujo

No we actually need only 1 extra player to play that system:
a real WC CB next to Araujo
and IMO another physical progressive runner md like Renato

that's it

Create a poll and ask people whether they want 433 or 4231.

Especially if 4231 will mean slightly faster, more direct, more physique, more crosses, slightly less possession oriented than 433.

A lot of people would say: this is not my Barca.

mc_lovin

Especially if 4231 will mean slightly faster, more direct, more physique, more crosses, slightly less possession oriented than 433.

I don't think there's much between 4231 or 433 and couldn't care less what we play as long as there's a plan. Under Koeman Frenkie (but not only him) plays a different position each week, or even during games. We look clueless in buildup, it's as if Koeman just tells them before games what system they will play today with zero work on the details.

And I blame Koeman for now, because at Ajax Frenkie looked like a completely different player, much less vertical and more focused on making himself available. He should get close to 80-100 passes per game. But we have zero control, and that's with serious issues upfront, where the focus should be on midfield?!

gasgas

Dude we are crossing the ball a lot to luuk de jong.
How many crosses do you want?

Birdy

I don't care for them

See, people in general are stupid
That refers to the fanbase as well
They want to win and see trophies and they only remember the playing style and the tradition and the roots etc when things go south

If a top coach comes in and sets the team to play in 4-2-3-1, and the builds the tactics etc, and the team eventually plays well and wins trophies
no one would say 'this is not my Barca'

The only exception is if the tactics are so defense-oriented and the football is so bad -> like in the Valverde times
Then yeah there is a chance the fanbase will protest, but even then not a 100%

Messigician

In 4231, he can.

Zero CMs, only one CAM.

Don't forget 433 man

🚨🚨 [SPORT] | Joan Laporta was furious when he saw Koeman's lineup against Benfica yesterday. He bursted out at the box in Da Luz. He couldn't understand the change in system, as he expected a 433. He didn't understand why Nico and Gavi was dropped.

Bobo32

I don't care for them

See, people in general are stupid
That refers to the fanbase as well
They want to win and see trophies and they only remember the playing style and the tradition and the roots etc when things go south

If a top coach comes in and sets the team to play in 4-2-3-1, and the builds the tactics etc, and the team eventually plays well and wins trophies
no one would say 'this is not my Barca'

The only exception is if the tactics are so defense-oriented and the football is so bad -> like in the Valverde times
Then yeah there is a chance the fanbase will protest, but even then not a 100%

At least some can see the negatives and give a fair view even when the results go very well, as I did this spring for example.

Bobo32

He was apparently criticized for being lazy or something, which he doesn't agree with.

I have called him lazy, but wouldn't think a lot of other people would do that. I tried explaining what I meant with lazy, but I don't know if I make myself understood...
I really think he need a lot of guidance on how to move, and a demanding coach who sees when he does it well and when he doesn't, and tells him. Pep would be the easy example. I think he is very willing to adapt and develop still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans