Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catta

Hope Xavi tries him as a DM with Nico and Pedri in front of him. That could be our best mf combination.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I only see both De Jong's being moved on - Frenkie, as great as I see him (Especially under Xavi) I only see him being sold to generate revenue out of need considering midfield depth at club

I would not, however, use him as part of a player deal to bring in someone like Sterling - cash only

Messigician

Not one person suprised

Frenkie de Jong is for sale. Bar?a think they can get good money for him.

? @10JoseAlvarez via @elchiringuitotv

Zidane82

I only see both De Jong's being moved on - Frenkie, as great as I see him (Especially under Xavi) I only see him being sold to generate revenue out of need considering midfield depth at club

I would not, however, use him as part of a player deal to bring in someone like Sterling - cash only
If we sell FDJ and buy fecking Sterling.. I am done

OVI9323

Dont think that it would be a good idea.
Still curious to see him play in an more stable and less anarchal system, and i'm willing to see how Xavi will use him even if I don't expect miracle.
What's strange is that i'm not so afraid to sell a player if he still has value but i'm more afraid about who we'll bu to replace him

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
If we sell FDJ and buy fecking Sterling.. I am done

I hope that won't be how a deal goes down, not only because I am not a proponent of adding Sterling but mainly because we should generate revenue in sales to fund big acquisitions - at best, they should be distinct deals. Let's not forget Raheem is also on nearly 400k/weekly wages too

However, I feel it is inevitable FDJ will be sold - sooner than later. With the emergence of the midfield players we have, there is sporting logic to it too. I was overjoyed by Frenkie's acquisition as I saw him as a generational talent but we have quality depth now that are mostly from La Masia

Messi983

How about sending Busi a thank you and good bye card and try to get the best out of Frenkie instead of trying to sell him?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
How about sending Busi a thank you and good bye card and try to get the best out of Frenkie instead of trying to sell him?

Considering we have yet to see the best version of Frenkie, I don't see how even an aging Busquets who is also a Captain would not be preferred. We'll see how these next 6-8 months go under Xavi and see what shakes out, no one other than Pep will know how to get the best out of this midfield

JamDav1982

FDJ is one of the few players they can generate cash for and in one position have numbers.

It has got to point they either need to build midfield for him or take that cash and get wages off books as not best scenario for anyone.

When see Xavis tactics on his masterclass video there is not a clear role really that FDJ in that set up where would get best from him.

If can use the cash to improve other areas of team lacking more and let FDJ got to somewhere that suits him more could be best all round.

Maybe Man Utd as they have poor midfield and then Ten Hag is an obvious choice in the summer as well.

FDJ is the best midfielder and would be better than Busquets by far at DM but it is not a straight choice between two when one can get a decent fee for.

serghei

Yeah, :lol: makes too much sense for this club.

I say give Frenkie a run under Xavi for 1 full season, and if he doesn't up his performances playing DM or interior then sell him. But not like this.

fergus90

Surely he'll be given a chance to develop under Xavi, but if there is no noticeable gain for both, a move for healthy money may just benefit both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans