Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3ls

FDJ is one of the few players they can generate cash for and in one position have numbers.

It has got to point they either need to build midfield for him or take that cash and get wages off books as not best scenario for anyone.

When see Xavis tactics on his masterclass video there is not a clear role really that FDJ in that set up where would get best from him.

If can use the cash to improve other areas of team lacking more and let FDJ got to somewhere that suits him more could be best all round.

Maybe Man Utd as they have poor midfield and then Ten Hag is an obvious choice in the summer as well.

FDJ is the best midfielder and would be better than Busquets by far at DM but it is not a straight choice between two when one can get a decent fee for.

AHAHAHAHAHA

plz shut up. just shut up.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

How about sending Busi a thank you and good bye card and try to get the best out of Frenkie instead of trying to sell him?

Why not both?
Loves Frenkie but if we are being honest he is our highest value asset in the market and he won't replace Busquets, he is a b2b which is bad fit as starter/star player in midfield of Barca.
We are in need for cash to buy players in so many positions.

It isn't something I want us to do btw, but it is something that I will understand if it happens. Emergence of Nico/Gavi/Pedri makes FDJ expandable.

mc_lovin

Why not both?
Loves Frenkie but if we are being honest he is our highest value asset in the market and he won't replace Busquets, he is a b2b which is bad fit as starter/star player in midfield of Barca.

It isn't something I want us to do btw, but it is something that I will understand if it happens. Emergence of Nico/Gavi/Pedri makes FDJ expandable.

That's rather naive for me.

But yeah, you can always play moneyball. There are certainly some scenarios where selling him makes sense.

FinBarcelonafan

We can't sell him before we see what Xavi can do with him. Simply one of those untouchable players for now.

My point: we will regret selling him. Every top team wants him for a reason.

khaled_a_d

We can't sell him before we see what Xavi can do with him. Simply one of those untouchable players for now.

My point: we will regret selling him. Every top team wants him for a reason.

Doubt someone like Frenkie will be moved in January anyway, so he will have 6 months to prove himself to Xavi

Messi983

Why not both?

Not for me. Also don't understand you here. You've claimed in the past we need to have more players in their prime years (which FDJ should enter soon) and not count that much on youngsters. Pedri is the only one of them who has a full season of first team football in him. Gavi is extra talent but could still fail potentially, Nico I don't see establishing as a future starter but could be a solid squad player too but we can't have an aging Busi and three kids as our midfield options (alongside someone like Roberto probably who also shouldn't be here beyond this season). Sure, we could bring another midfielder but he'd also need time to adapt and in the end it's questionable if he'd really be a qualitative upgrade over Frenkie. He could be a better fit position wise or something but won't help us if he'd end up a worse player than Frenkie which is very likely.

Assuming we'd get 100m for FDJ (which I doubt) with Tebas/La Liga restrictions we could probably only re-invest around 30-40% of that directly back into the team. Which player(s) would you bring for that money that would make it worth to lose Frenkie?

Would be another story if he would be unhappy at the club (but he doesn't seem to be) or if someone would offer us 150m, then it would be hard to reject but for less than 100m I would never consider selling. We should first offload aging, overpaid and underperforming players before even thinking about selling one of the best players at the club just entering his prime years.

JamDav1982

They wouldnt sell him if only get 30-40% back and are trying to get it in place for those restrictions to be gone by next summer.

Also it would be top clubs after him and if likes of City wanted him for 100m they have a ton of players that would improve Barca that could be involved in swaps etc.

It all depends on style will play with FDJ and if midfield based on Busquets what is point in paying FDJ wages and ignoring fee could get?

More surprised it is not FDJ wanting to leave really. Although he may well.

FinBarcelonafan

I don't think FDJ wants to leave now. I mean, he is a midfielder and you can learn from Xavi. What is more exciting than that? He seems pretty determined to become better too.

SmilerBam

Lt's see how it pans out. De Jong was absolutely great in Ten Haag's Ajax. I hope Xavi will implement something similar tot that.

BusiTheKing

He's by far the most dependable CM we have. He's our backbone when at his best and when at his worst, still not that bad at all.

khaled_a_d

Assuming we'd get 100m for FDJ (which I doubt) with Tebas/La Liga restrictions we could probably only re-invest around 30-40% of that directly back into the team. Which player(s) would you bring for that money that would make it worth to lose Frenkie?

I don't believe such deal is for winter, and in summer we can spend all the money we get assuming we don't suffer from loses.
And even in January, if the money helps us to avoid loss in fiscal year, it means we can re-invest in the summer. But then again I doubt he is sold in winter.

Also don't understand you here. You've claimed in the past we need to have more players in their prime years (which FDJ should enter soon) and not count that much on youngsters. Pedri is the only one of them who has a full season of first team football in him. Gavi is extra talent but could still fail potentially, Nico I don't see establishing as a future starter but could be a solid squad player too but we can't have an aging Busi and three kids as our midfield options (alongside someone like Roberto probably who also shouldn't be here beyond this season).

As I said, selling Frenkie isn't what I want, but it is something I can understand if it happens. I am not pushing for him to be sold

Thing is, how poor are we? How much we trust our decision maker? I assume the answer to the later question is "not much" :lol:
For me, I think Frenkie is fairly easily replaceable, probably with a downgrade in same position but will be worth it if we invest the money wisely
A guy like Kessie for example if free agent, plays same position, asking for a salary that is less than what Frenkie gets.
If we can get him and invest 40M in Adeyami and rest on DM to replace Busquets? Is it worth it for me? I would say yes
Or get Bruno Guimaraes and Laporte for FDJ?

Ideally we keep Frenkie assuming Xavi likes him, sign a guy like Caqueret to replace Busquets and build the team gradually.
And yes, Busquets and 3 kids is unacceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans